Whats your favourite genre of Music?

Mariorules25

Hyaahhh
Alternative rock, nu metal, alternative metal

These are my favourites

Alternative rock, jazz, classical, traditional folk, ambient, progressive metal.

Rock Music

Rock, Alternative, Grunge.

I have no preferences.

any music works.

excepts if it's the terrible ones.

Hard rock/metal/Weird Al (yes, he's his own genre of music)

Mario4Ever said:
Weird Al (yes, he's his own genre of music)
As a matter of fact, he is not. He can easily be placed under 'polka', 'comedy' or 'parody'.

I may as well label Flight of the Conchords their own genre of music.

Crocodile Dippy said:
Mario4Ever said:
Weird Al (yes, he's his own genre of music)
As a matter of fact, he is not. He can easily be placed under 'polka', 'comedy' or 'parody'.

I may as well label Flight of the Conchords their own genre of music.

I wasn't being serious, though it's hard to put him in one category because the style and overall humor of his songs varies.

That's what the 'parody' and 'comedy' labels are for.

Progressive rock, orchestra, video game, rock by certain artists only.

The only genres I really just don't like are screamo and crunkcore, and even then there are probably one or two good bands in those genres. All other genres I love.

NintendoQueen said:
90s boy bands

I try to never criticize people for their taste in music, but why would you choose the most blatantly fake, unoriginal, and manufactured genre of music (hell, it's less a genre and more a marketing style) as one of your favorites?

disclaimer: i'm not picking on you specifically, seriously, stop thinking that

disclaimer 2: i am fully aware that you will probably send ninja spies to catch me listening to embarrassing music and thus render my point null

Messed Up Freakshow of Cryptic Sarcasm said:
disclaimer 2: i am fully aware that you will probably send ninja spies to catch me listening to embarrassing music and thus render my point null
Just a sec... let me find their phone number. I have it written down somewhere...

Jazz is the only music that I actually enjoy, apart from movie soundtracks. Everything else ranges from good (rock) to tolerable (some rap) to just downright awful (country, dubstep).

Dr. Javelin said:
just downright awful (country)
johnny-cash-finger.jpg

In all seriousness, I'll agree that most of it is bad but that applies to everything. Give Johnny Cash, Neil Young, Slim Dusty and Gene Clark the respect they deserve.

True. My main problem with country is that it all sounds the same.

There are a couple good songs but the rest sound like the same bad song.

Dr. Javelin said:
True. My main problem with country is that it all sounds the same.

There are a couple good songs but the rest sound like the same bad song.

Ever heard the joke about what happens when country is played backwards? You get your job back, you get your wife back, you get your dog back....

Back