Legendary Mascot Dragons/Psychic Legendaries Rant

Super Mario the Hedgehog

...I've been looking forward to it.
So, does anyone think Game Freak should take a break from using Mascot Legendary and Pseudo-Legendary Dragons? Don't get me wrong Dragons are honestly one of my favorite types and some Legendary Dragons like Zekrom, Reshiram, and Giratina are honestly my favorite Legendaries (Besides Arceus). But I can't help, but feel that at this point that they've done enough typing and backstories at this point to only make future generations redundant and unoriginal at this point. I want to see all-new Legendaries that reach out to typings that haven't even graced the magnificence of being a mascot like Poison or Grass. Also, I want Pseudo Legendaries who actually aren't Dragons and take an example from Tyranitar and Metagross because they were REALLY original! Anyways, what do you guys think? I'm not saying they can't do them again or add them to non-mascots, just a little one-two generation break would be nice. Heck, maybe even have normal Pokemon as mascots like in Red/Blue/Green? It'd be surprising and original!

Also, there are WAY to many Psychic Legandaries. Why does every Mirage Pokemon (They're the Legendary group for small, but very rare Legendaries like Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Phione, Manaphy, Shaymin, and Meloetta) have to be a Psychic type? Seriously, Legendaries need a little more spice nowadays with the way Game Freak is now with following a specific pattern. They need to shake it up a little!
 

Dr. Javelin

Nathan Latsk
Re: Legendary Mascot Dragons Rant

I long for the days when the best Pokemon in the game wasn't a legendary and they still made it to the front of the box.

Charizard and Blastoise, anyone?
 

Pyro

Power Star
Re: Legendary Mascot Dragons Rant

Dr. Javelin said:
I long for the days when the best Pokemon in the game wasn't a legendary and they still made it to the front of the box.

Charizard and Blastoise, anyone?
Oh yesh.

Yeah seriously can't SOME box or pseudo legend be something other than Dragon-type? Gaaaawwdddd.
 

Pandapowah

King Bowser
Re: Legendary Mascot Dragons Rant

I want both the Mascot Legendary and Pseudo Legendaries to not be Dragon types for a change.
 

Magikrazy

Donkey Kong
Re: Legendary Mascot Dragons Rant

Last legendary mascot to not be dragon type = Ho-Oh and Lugia = the first legendary mascots.
 

Propeller Toad

Dislikes the amount of neglect Toad receives...
Re: Legendary Mascot Dragons Rant

Dr. Javelin said:
I long for the days when the best Pokemon in the game wasn't a legendary and they still made it to the front of the box.

Charizard and Blastoise, anyone?
Those guys were fine, but Pikachu was where it was at. 8)

I agree with you SMtH. It has indeed become a tad stale seeing the legendaries on the box arts. Yes, they always do look nice; however, it would be nice to take a break and see more variety (especially with non legends).


^^Pokemon Grey: Special Minccino Edition anyone? :P
 

Pandapowah

King Bowser
Re: Legendary Mascot Dragons Rant

Evil Magikrazy said:
Last legendary mascot to not be dragon type = Ho-Oh and Lugia = the first legendary mascots.
Actually it was Kyogre and Goudon who where the last mascots to not be a Dragon Types but if you count remakes then yes, it is Lugia and Ho-Oh.
 

Super Mario the Hedgehog

...I've been looking forward to it.
Re: Legendary Mascot Dragons Rant

Dr. Javelin said:
I long for the days when the best Pokemon in the game wasn't a legendary and they still made it to the front of the box.

Charizard and Blastoise, anyone?
I honestly wouldn't mind this. Besides, since Pokemon has now started using colors again, it would provide an excellent opportunity!
 

Dark Light

Cherries and Berries
Re: Legendary Mascot Dragons Rant

I think the amount of psychic type legendaries is more of a concern than the Dragon mascots.
 

Magikrazy

Donkey Kong
Re: Legendary Mascot Dragons Rant

Baby Luigi said:
I think the amount of psychic type legendaries is more of a concern than the Dragon mascots.
Pure Psychic Legendaries:
Mewtwo
Mew
Deoxys
Uxie
Mesprit
Azelf
Cresselia

Primarily Psychic Legendaries:
Lugia
Victini
Celebi

Compared to Primarily Dragon mascots
Rayquaza
Reshiram
Zekrom

Latias, Latios and Kyurem aren't yet mascots.
 

Super Mario the Hedgehog

...I've been looking forward to it.
Re: Legendary Mascot Dragons Rant

Evil Magikrazy said:
Baby Luigi said:
I think the amount of psychic type legendaries is more of a concern than the Dragon mascots.
Pure Psychic Legendaries:
Mewtwo
Mew
Deoxys
Uxie
Mesprit
Azelf
Cresselia

Primarily Psychic Legendaries:
Lugia
Victini
Celebi

Compared to Primarily Dragon mascots
Rayquaza
Reshiram
Zekrom

Latias, Latios and Kyurem aren't yet mascots.
And Giratina, Dialga, and Palkia. But yes, I can also agree that we need less Psychic Legendaries. Why does every Mirage Pokemon have to be Psychic?
 

Magikrazy

Donkey Kong
Re: Legendary Mascot Dragons Rant

Super Mario the Hedgehog said:
Evil Magikrazy said:
Baby Luigi said:
I think the amount of psychic type legendaries is more of a concern than the Dragon mascots.
Pure Psychic Legendaries:
Mewtwo
Mew
Deoxys
Uxie
Mesprit
Azelf
Cresselia

Primarily Psychic Legendaries:
Lugia
Victini
Celebi

Compared to Primarily Dragon mascots
Rayquaza
Reshiram
Zekrom

Latias, Latios and Kyurem aren't yet mascots.
And Giratina, Dialga, and Palkia. But yes, I can also agree that we need less Psychic Legendaries. Why does every Mirage Pokemon have to be Psychic?
The creation trio aren't primarily Dragon.
Dialga: Primarily Steel
Palkia: Primarily Water
Giratina: Primarily Ghost

Just thought I'd let you know.

EDIT: There also haven't been any Poison legendaries (not counting Toxic Arceus)
 

Mario7727

Mario7727
Re: Legendary Mascot Dragons Rant

hmmmm but what about Virizion, Cobalion, and Terrakion?? aren't they legendaries too? (not to mention Tornadus, Thunderus, and Landerous but i don't really care about those 3 lol <_<)
 

Dark Light

Cherries and Berries
Re: Legendary Mascot Dragons Rant

Mario7727 said:
hmmmm but what about Virizion, Cobalion, and Terrakion?? aren't they legendaries too? (not to mention Tornadus, Thunderus, and Landerous but i don't really care about those 3 lol <_<)
They're not dragons
 

Mario7727

Mario7727
Re: Legendary Mascot Dragons Rant

oh it's that in earlier messages i saw you guy's just listing all kinds of Legendaries and i just thought they forgot some lol :/!
 

Dark Light

Cherries and Berries
Re: Legendary Mascot Dragons Rant

Well, the title should be very clear on what we are discussing about
 

Super Mario the Hedgehog

...I've been looking forward to it.
Re: Legendary Mascot Dragons Rant

Evil Magikrazy said:
Super Mario the Hedgehog said:
Evil Magikrazy said:
Baby Luigi said:
I think the amount of psychic type legendaries is more of a concern than the Dragon mascots.
Pure Psychic Legendaries:
Mewtwo
Mew
Deoxys
Uxie
Mesprit
Azelf
Cresselia

Primarily Psychic Legendaries:
Lugia
Victini
Celebi

Compared to Primarily Dragon mascots
Rayquaza
Reshiram
Zekrom

Latias, Latios and Kyurem aren't yet mascots.
And Giratina, Dialga, and Palkia. But yes, I can also agree that we need less Psychic Legendaries. Why does every Mirage Pokemon have to be Psychic?
The creation trio aren't primarily Dragon.
Dialga: Primarily Steel
Palkia: Primarily Water
Giratina: Primarily Ghost

Just thought I'd let you know.

EDIT: There also haven't been any Poison legendaries (not counting Toxic Arceus)
Still Dragons, none the less. I'm speaking about their appearance and typing in general, not their primary types.

And yes, I would honestly like to see how they would handle a legendary Poison Pokemon. Honestly, I'd like at least the role and appearance to bear some elements from the Bible's Serpent who tricked Adam and Eve like how the Weather trio's roles are based on the Leviathan (Kyogre), Behemoth (Groudon), and Ziz (Rayquaza). It would really give it a terrifying and worthy Legendary position.
 

Magikrazy

Donkey Kong
Re: Legendary Mascot Dragons Rant

Baby Luigi said:
Mario7727 said:
hmmmm but what about Virizion, Cobalion, and Terrakion?? aren't they legendaries too? (not to mention Tornadus, Thunderus, and Landerous but i don't really care about those 3 lol <_<)
They're not dragons
They aren't mascots or Psychic, either.
 
Top