The Secrets of Kyurem

Super Mario the Hedgehog

...I've been looking forward to it.
Okay, it's pretty obvious Game Freak is hiding many thing about Kyurem to the point that we pretty muck know he's going to be the mascot of the third version. Which lead me to this question, what do you think will get added to Kyurem's role in the next game?

I personally believe he has a second form. You see, Kyurem represents Wuji, which is without the balance of Yin and Yang, A.K.A., imbalance. This is reflected in his looks as he looks incomplete and that his voice is static, which is actually the soun of nothing scientifically and that cold is the absence of heat (plasma), which electricity and fire happen to be forms of. Also, the Pokedex states that Kyurem's power causes him to look frozen like this, which pretty much confirms he's got a form underneath all of that ice. Now what is this new form, you ask? Well, I believe it will be the fourth state of Taoism, Taiji, the perfect balance of Yin and Yang, meaning that Kyurem will be complete and wield moves similar to Zekrom and Reshiram. You see, in Black and White's data, there are two moves called Frozen Bolt and Freeze Flare and they do not belong to any Pokemon in the game. I believe that these will be Kyurem's exclusive moves that he will gain once he reaches Level 100 like the moves Zekrom and Reshiram learn at that level.

As for backstory, I've got a perfect plot set up. You see, the legend of the Tao trio states that Zekrom and Reshiram used to one dragon. When it couldn't decide on which ruler of Unova to agree with, it split into two. I believe that Kyurem is the hollow shell that was left behind when they separated, A.K.A. the original body. It explains why he's gray and his type is Ice because I previously mentioned that cold is the absence of heat (Fire and Electricity). When they separated, I imagine they did some cool stunt in the sky or something, which caused the hollow shell to fall in a frozen like meteor towards Lacunosa Town, which formed the Giant Chasm. Since then, it has likely been scaring off villagers who began to tell tales that it ate people when in reality they just ran away. Now, Kyurem waits to reunite with it's split consciousness...

soo Kyurem is like a 3rd version (or counterpart) of Reshiram and Zekrom? they are are related aren't they? :/ Isn't here like the Master of the Tao Trio?

Mario7727 said:
soo Kyurem is like a 3rd version (or counterpart) of Reshiram and Zekrom? they are are related aren't they? :/ Isn't here like the Master of the Tao Trio?
Yes, yes, and kind of. IF he was the original body, then he would technically be the master. But since Zekrom and Reshiram are free, it has yet to be seen is Kyurem can establish dominance in the group, but chances are that it likely will.

and isn't Kyurem going to come in the New Pokemon Movie starring:Kyurem, Virizion, Cobalion, and Terrakion??

Mario7727 said:
and isn't Kyurem going to come in the New Pokemon Movie starring:Kyurem, Virizion, Cobalion, and Terrakion??
Yep, just like every other third installment mascot who's happened to be in the second movie of their generation. It goes to show even MORE proof he'll be the third mascot.

well i think that Reshiram and Zekrom are both Good since i guess they are Ideals and Truth i wonder what Kyurem is :/ what do you think?

Mario7727 said:
well i think that Reshiram and Zekrom are both Good since i guess they are Ideals and Truth i wonder what Kyurem is :/ what do you think?
What are you talking about? They represent balance, Kyurem represents unbalance.

i thought Reshiram and Zekrom were Ideals and Truth like in the movie lol xD

I would like to see Kyurem become a better Pokemon overall if it has its story in the third game.

Wow. That is a great explanation, you deserve a cookie for this. :yoshi:

The 3rd game will most likely clear it all up. So will the 2nd form might be that form underneath his frozen shell?

Interesting theory indeed. You bring up some very good points and I wouldn't be surprised if you are indeed right about the story behind Kyurem. There is something that makes Kyurem so mysterious and a back story such as the one you provided really does help fit in those gaps about the time before Zekrom and Reshiram were revitalized.

Great analysis, and I bet you are strongly anticipating the third installment of the 5th generation Pokemon games. ;) I too am interested in seeing what Kyurem's purpose is for, and your theory makes the Pokemon seem a lot more interesting than before.

Well, Duh. Things like this are incredibly easy to figure out because the Pokemon series is very formulaic. I wish they'd try something new for a change. Kyurem might get a new form just like Giratina, but I might be wrong. A third version is inevitable, but I think we're going to get remakes before Grey.

you sir are a genius

Now I understand everything. This theory is close to what will probably be in-game. Now I understand the purpose of Ice Burn and Freeze Shock in the data - moves Kyurem will be able to learn in Grey and they are there in B&W for if you trade the Grey Kyurem to B&W!!!!!!

Do we even HAVE a thread for Grey yet? Because, Platinum did so much to Diamond and Pearl. Ironically, D&P and B&W were missing things that Platinum featured, like-

-Complete Battle Frontier/place (Tower in D&P, Subway in B&W)
-No/very few animated trainer sprites (Platinum animated the leaders. Ohhhhhh yess!!)
-Leader rematches (Platinum also had this)
-The ability to catch some post-game Pokemon before you beat the game (Rotom & Giratina in Pt, for Grey, possibly Musharana & Kyurem (both have levels lowered))

Let's bump the Grey thread if we have one and I can explain more.

Wow, thats a great backstory. I kind of already figured Kyurem would be the third of the trio and will most likely be the cover Pokemon of Grey but I never wouldve thought there could possible be a backstory like this.

Kirby said:
Super Mario the Hedgehog said:
Mario7727 said:
i thought Reshiram and Zekrom were Ideals and Truth like in the movie lol xD
The anime alway creates BS like that.
no, it says that in the game
To some degree yes, but that was just in Drayden's lecture when describing which sides they chose during Unova's founding, not what they actually represent. They represent opposites and together balance. Such as hot vs. cold, male vs. female, older vs. younger, and the most obvious, black vs. white.

wow that makes soo much more sense! i think :P lol xD

Back