Megaupload's been shut down

Nathan Fielder

Business Expert
Chat Operator
Retired Forum Mod
Retired Wiki Staff
'Shroom Consultant
And a few people related to it have been arrested. And no, before you ask, this wasn't to do with SOPA, this was by the FBI.

http://www.csmonitor.com/Innovation/Latest-News-Wires/2012/0119/Feds-shut-down-file-sharing-website-Megaupload

I personally never went there, so I don't really care.

Heard of it a lot, but I never went there.

I have used MegaUpload a few times, but it wasn't my primary file hosting place.

Darn they upload Clone Wars episodes. Oh well I can still watch them but Megaupload had the quickest load time.

I prefer MediaFire, so it isn't much of a loss to me. Although, I think the people that would care the most are the people at BrawlVault since a quarter of their uploads were from there.

This is scary fuck for anyone who used Megaupload in any way. I'm going to breathe a sigh of relief because I never used Megaupload.

I think I used it once or twice. FFFFUUUUUU-

Man, lately things have been going wacky. SOPA and PIPA & this stuff. What's next?

Where does this guy even get his information if this information can't be found anywhere else on the internet? I'm going to take this information with a pinch of salt despite it sounding so true.

See a few people on these forums think that this video is just trying to scare people. I think so too.

SKmarioman said:
Where does this guy even get his information if this information can't be found anywhere else on the internet? I'm going to take this information with a pinch of salt despite it sounding so true.

See a few people on these forums think that this video is just trying to scare people. I think so too.
Per this.

I've never even heard of Megauploads until just a few days ago.

Ultraluigi said:
I don't use this, I use MediaFire like UltraMario.

That was kind of like Megaupload, IIRC, so don't consider yourself safe just yet.

I never really liked downloading stuff from Megaupload, I've always preferred MediaFire.

However, there is a website I go on often that had lots of its videos hosted on Megavideo, and that was shut down as well. asdf

Screw Megaupload. Mediafire's WAY better.

SKmarioman said:

This is scary *bleep* for anyone who used Megaupload in any way. I'm going to breathe a sigh of relief because I never used Megaupload.
WAIT A MINUTE, why would 24 stolen songs be worth 1.5 million dollars?

few things,

megaupload was a p good site, not the best but still somewhat good. mostly downloaded some ipa files from there.

they arent fully down, http://109.236.83.66

the guy one the video is a faget who is desperately whoring for views, they aren't going to track 25% of the world and fine them, that would take more than a century. really, just no.

mediafire > megaupload

that is all

Back