Megaupload's been shut down

Ernest Fine

Dreamboat
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Forum Mod
Retired Wiki Staff
And a few people related to it have been arrested. And no, before you ask, this wasn't to do with SOPA, this was by the FBI.

http://www.csmonitor.com/Innovation/Latest-News-Wires/2012/0119/Feds-shut-down-file-sharing-website-Megaupload

Ernest Fine

Dreamboat
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Forum Mod
Retired Wiki Staff
I personally never went there, so I don't really care.

MnSG

Cosmic Beauty
I have used MegaUpload a few times, but it wasn't my primary file hosting place.

yoshidude99

Yoshidude is here
Darn they upload Clone Wars episodes. Oh well I can still watch them but Megaupload had the quickest load time.

UltraMario

Donkey Kong
I prefer MediaFire, so it isn't much of a loss to me. Although, I think the people that would care the most are the people at BrawlVault since a quarter of their uploads were from there.

SKmarioman

King Bowser

This is scary fuck for anyone who used Megaupload in any way. I'm going to breathe a sigh of relief because I never used Megaupload.

I think I used it once or twice. FFFFUUUUUU-

Man, lately things have been going wacky. SOPA and PIPA & this stuff. What's next?

SKmarioman

King Bowser
Where does this guy even get his information if this information can't be found anywhere else on the internet? I'm going to take this information with a pinch of salt despite it sounding so true.

See a few people on these forums think that this video is just trying to scare people. I think so too.

Toad85

MarioKartRPG
SKmarioman said:
Where does this guy even get his information if this information can't be found anywhere else on the internet? I'm going to take this information with a pinch of salt despite it sounding so true.

See a few people on these forums think that this video is just trying to scare people. I think so too.
Per this.

I've never even heard of Megauploads until just a few days ago.

Ernest Fine

Dreamboat
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Forum Mod
Retired Wiki Staff
Ultraluigi said:
I don't use this, I use MediaFire like UltraMario.
That was kind of like Megaupload, IIRC, so don't consider yourself safe just yet.

Mariomario64

Shine Sprite
I never really liked downloading stuff from Megaupload, I've always preferred MediaFire.

However, there is a website I go on often that had lots of its videos hosted on Megavideo, and that was shut down as well. asdf

Dark Light

Cherries and Berries
Screw Megaupload. Mediafire's WAY better.

Verbal Rhythm

Shine Sprite
SKmarioman said:

This is scary *bleep* for anyone who used Megaupload in any way. I'm going to breathe a sigh of relief because I never used Megaupload.
WAIT A MINUTE, why would 24 stolen songs be worth 1.5 million dollars?

Hilda Valentine Goneril

hilda-chan no kachi
Retired Wiki Staff
few things,

megaupload was a p good site, not the best but still somewhat good. mostly downloaded some ipa files from there.

they arent fully down, http://109.236.83.66

the guy one the video is a faget who is desperately whoring for views, they aren't going to track 25% of the world and fine them, that would take more than a century. really, just no.

mediafire > megaupload

that is all