Retro Studios working on its "crowning achievement"

Weasel

Donkey Kong
Retired Forum Mod
http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=169816

Let the speculation commence. Will they breathe life back into another Nintendo franchise? Will they make their own IP? Zelda? I personally hope not.

Ooh, this is interesting.

I'd personally love to see them make a new Star Fox game. The 3DS version is awesome, but I want to see a brand new game.

Of course, I'd really want them to make a new F-Zero title. It's been almost 8 years since the last console title. It probably won't happen, but I can dream.

'3K said:
Of course, I'd really want them to make a new F-Zero title.

This would also be awesome.

'3K said:
Of course, I'd really want them to make a new F-Zero title. It's been almost 8 years since the last console title. It probably won't happen, but I can dream.
Please be that.

If they can top Metroid Prime, then it will be truly memorable, that's for certain. Chances are whatever it is they're making will be awesome. Personally, I would love another Metroid game from them, but that's not as likely as some others.

"Crowning" => Crown

Crowns are associated with kings/queens (i.e. King K. Rool)

DKCR2 confirmed to include KKR and the Kremlings.

On a more serious note...

If they can bring back one of Nintendo's currently "dead" franchises (Wario Land/World, F-Zero, Star Fox), then it will probably be amazing. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if they managed to turn the Ice Climbers franchise into a fantastic game.

Taking the Prime games and DKCR into consideration, I think Retro will dish out an extraordinary game.

A Star Fox or F-Zero sequels from them would be great (though Platinum Games expressed interest in making a Star Fox game and that would be even better), but Metroid Prime 3's 100%r ending makes me think it'll be a new non-Prime Metroid.

If we can leave the meaningless speculation and enter Absolutely Retarded Pipe Dreams That Have No Basis In Logic You Moran territory, I have to say I'd wub to see a new Turok by Retro, if only because Retro was formed by Acclaim employees that worked on the first two games. of course it's unlikely that most of that old staff remain, but even then, anything would be better than the shitty Disney reboot right.

Anything Retro touches becomes video game gold. If they're going for a "crowning achievement," I bet it'll either be resurrecting a long-dead but beloved franchise (again) or something completely original. I'm hoping for the latter.

Mario4Ever said:
Anything Retro touches becomes video game gold. If they're going for a "crowning achievement," I bet it'll either be resurrecting a long-dead but beloved franchise (again) or something completely original. I'm hoping for the latter.
I know they had no experience with platformers and look what a masterpiece Kong Country Comes Home was. But KCCH2 needs the Kremlings back with the Midas Retero touch baby. Star Fox? Every Star Fox game with the possible exception of Dino Planet (I like it, I admit it) and 643DS and Assault (which was okay), with the exception of those three, they all sucked. Even though I really liked Star Fox Command it was gr8.

Marwikedor said:
Star Fox? Every Star Fox game with the possible exception of Dino Planet (I like it, I admit it) and 643DS and Assault (which was okay), with the exception of those three, they all sucked. Even though I really liked Star Fox Command it was gr8.

>says all star fox games suck
>mentions all but 1 star fox games as exceptions

???

Mario4Ever said:

Mhm, probably. I'd personally rather have a new Star Fox or F-Zero over something original, but the latter would be awesome as well. whatever it is, I'm looking forward to it.

Marwikedor said:
Mario4Ever said:
I know they had no experience with platformers and look what a masterpiece Kong Country Comes Home was. But KCCH2 needs the Kremlings back with the Midas Retero touch baby. Star Fox? Every Star Fox game with the possible exception of Dino Planet (I like it, I admit it) and 643DS and Assault (which was okay), with the exception of those three, they all sucked. Even though I really liked Star Fox Command it was gr8.

I thought it was Donkey Kong Country Returns Unless it's named different from where youre from.

If it does have that name somewhere, it's not mentioned on the wiki, and I can't find it on the Internet.

Back