What Should I get?

What Should I get? Price Limit $100 - $150

• Xenoblade Chronicles + Red Classic Controller [Wii] ($70)

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Mario & Sonic @ the Olympic 2012 Games [Wii] ($41)

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Boom Street [Wii] ($46)

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • deBlob 2 [Wii] ($17)

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Rayman Origins [Wii] ($35)

• Cave Story 3D [3DS] ($46)

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Sonic Generations [3DS] ($39)

• Skylanders + Starter Pack [Wii] ($73)

• Nunchuk Accesory Glowing Blue Transparent Cover [Wii] ($14)

• Total voters
If you're dying to see Cave Story in 3D, get Cave Story 3D. If you just want Cave Story on your 3DS, buy the DSiWare version off of the eShop.

It's not that I want to see it in 3D badly, I just feel more compelled to play a game if I bought it. If its free I usually stop playing shortly after I start.

Yeah, but should you decide to go with Cave Story, you've got two options: either pay $46 for the 3D version or $10 for the non-3D version (DSiWare).

Cave story is fun no matter how you play it.
Also, does the 3D version have a gameplay mode with the original graphics?

Detective Dick Gumshoe said:
Yes.

Cave Story has to be one of the most unique and innovative games, if you haven't played the original, you better play the 3D one atleast. It is a must have for any gamer of any sort.

Detective Dick Gumshoe said:

Yeah, but only the sprites.

Skylanders. The main reason it gets hated is because Spyro is supposedly Ruined FOREVER in the eyes of the Fan Dumb. It's very fun.

Ultraluigi said:
Skylanders. The main reason it gets hated is because Spyro is supposedly Ruined FOREVER in the eyes of the Fan Dumb. It's very fun.

Yep, that sounds about true, but I wouldn't get it, as the main downfall is the price. Over where I am, it costs about $70 for the starter pack, but if you want to 100% it, you need to buy other action figures.

Ultraluigi said:
Grr.......

Too much money is the main issue, stupid and uncreative, and PLAY the original three spyros and you'll see what I mean

New Super Mario said:
Ultraluigi said:
Grr.......

Too much money is the main issue, stupid and uncreative, and PLAY the original three spyros and you'll see what I mean
Money is a problem... I've played the original games, and they're fun.

Epic Nitwit said:
Have you played Skylanders, NSM?
No, but I've seen videos of it, and In my opinion, it's awful. Of course, a lot of that hate comes from dropping the orignal Spyro down but still. I mean, look at this idiot on that one commercial. We understand you want to blow it up. I mean, this isn't even Spyro anymore. The only original character in it, is Spyro. No Sparx, Hunter, Professor, Moneybags, ......

Ultraluigi said:
Money is a problem...

It's the main thing that stopped me from getting it.

New Super Mario said:
Epic Nitwit said:
No, but I've seen videos of it, and In my opinion, it's awful. Of course, a lot of that hate comes from dropping the orignal Spyro down but still. I mean, look at this idiot on that one commercial. We understand you want to blow it up. I mean, this isn't even Spyro anymore. The only original character in it, is Spyro. No Sparx, Hunter, Professor, Moneybags, ......

Look, don't think of it as a Spyro game, think of it as a game with a rather unique (but kinda stupid) gimmick, which only has Spyro in it to increase sales. Not that I'm recomending it, I've only seen one gameplay video, so I wouldn't really know if it's any good.

New Super Mario said:
Epic Nitwit said:

I agree.
I have played the Spyro-Crash crossover spyro version and the one with the dark world portals, Skylander looks completley differant from them, it is barley even a Spyro game.

I would get Cave story if you want it. But You could maybe get boom street or Xenoblade too.

Lily said:
New Super Mario said:
Epic Nitwit said:

I agree.
I have played the Spyro-Crash crossover spyro version and the one with the dark world portals, Skylander looks completley differant from them, it is barley even a Spyro game.

It isn't a Spyro game. Spyro was just a promotional gimmick to help with sales.

Lily said:
Exactly, they just put Spyro's name in the subtitles to try and attract Spyro fans.

And it did attract them. But probably not in the way they had hoped. To be honest, the only reason I found it was because it had the word "Spyro" in it. But I think we've really gone off-topic here, so...

Back on topic, Cave Story would be good as long as you haven't got it yet.

Okay. So I've talked to my mum about presents and here are the 5 I have chosen, but I might change some.

Cave Story 3D
Boom Street
Rayman Origins
deBlob 2
The Glowy Nunchuk

It comes to a little bit over $150 in money, but she said a little over is alright.

I do still want Xenoblade Chronicles though, since I heard good things about it. So that's why I haven't really decided completely.

Devil Jin said:
Okay. So I've talked to my mum about presents and here are the 5 I have chosen, but I might change some.

Cave Story 3D
Boom Street
Rayman Origins
deBlob 2
The Glowy Nunchuk

It comes to a little bit over $150 in money, but she said a little over is alright.

I do still want Xenoblade Chronicles though, since I heard good things about it. So that's why I haven't really decided completely.
I'm tellin' you man if you just get the $10 DSiWare Cave Story you'll have pretty much the same experience with it and you'll save ~$30.

And the 3D is really just an aesthetic effect: you don't pay $30 more to see a 3D film, so why would you pay $30 more just to play a 3D game.

Well the 3D one does have heavily updated graphics but they don't really fit the game as well as the old graphics.

Back