Tumblr Thread

Aiko Heiwa said:
fantanoice said:
Maybe I should quit stalking About Me pages then
I never said I haven't read it.

And I don't post on a K-On thread on NeoGAF for nuthin'.
I never said you had to have watched it :P

I imagine the Anime and Manga are quite similar anyway

Thought I would let all future followers know that I changed my url:
http://falconknightcordelia.tumblr.com/
Its exactly the same blog, with the same posts just a differant url, my old url links to a redirect page but still.

Bunp
I should update you with all my tumblr's
My main: http://klaviergavinin.co.vu (or falconknightcordelia.tumblr.com works too)
Roleplay blog: http://basedklaviergavin.tumblr.com
imagineswimminganime (I rarely use this one anymore, but it's basically one with text posts about imagining the characters from free! doing things, but when free! eternal summer starts, it might become active again): http://imagineswimminganime.tumblr.com
dirtydiokuyaconfessions (This is a crack blog based on an inside joke between me and a few of my tumblr friends, despite the title it is actually sfw): http://dirtydiokuyaconfessions.tumblr.com

Yeah, I have a lot, but falconknightcordelia is the main one which I use a lot while the rest aren't that active, so I won't get mad if you don't follow the less active ones for whatever reason

I have one for my photo stuff and one for personal use because I kinda really don't wanna clog my semi-professional whatever photo account with drag queen gifs, mostly naked men, and pokemon.

Иeptune said:
Aiko Heiwa said:
i don't understand the point in having multiple tumblrs
^this
if you want to have different types of blogs

it'd be like having a mario forum and a tiger forum. you wouldn't want to combine the two, unless you think a lot of people like both mario and tigers.

it's also a lot better for organizational purposes like anton said (keeping things separate, like personal and nsfw posts). when i get a camera, i'm going to have a separate blog that i'll use as a portfolio of my photos

No-Face said:
Иeptune said:
Aiko Heiwa said:
^this

it'd be like having a mario forum and a tiger forum. you wouldn't want to combine the two, unless you think a lot of people like both mario and tigers.

it's also a lot better for organizational purposes like anton said (keeping things separate, like personal and nsfw posts). when i get a camera, i'm going to have a separate blog that i'll use as a portfolio of my photos
i dunno, i never viewed tumblr or it's community as a good thing for photos and stuff

No-Face said:

your tumblr is kinda annoying to read through because 99% of it is just random reposts of pictures

i just wanted to say that

Haruka Nanase said:
Bunp
I should update you with all my tumblr's
My main: http://klaviergavinin.co.vu (or falconknightcordelia.tumblr.com works too)
Roleplay blog: http://basedklaviergavin.tumblr.com
imagineswimminganime (I rarely use this one anymore, but it's basically one with text posts about imagining the characters from free! doing things, but when free! eternal summer starts, it might become active again): http://imagineswimminganime.tumblr.com
dirtydiokuyaconfessions (This is a crack blog based on an inside joke between me and a few of my tumblr friends, despite the title it is actually sfw): http://dirtydiokuyaconfessions.tumblr.com

Yeah, I have a lot, but falconknightcordelia is the main one which I use a lot while the rest aren't that active, so I won't get mad if you don't follow the less active ones for whatever reason
Lul, you just reminded me of the RP blog I set up forever ago and never did anything with.

http://emaskyence.tumblr.com

Aiko Heiwa said:
I use a separate one for a dev blog because I don't want potential clients to find out about my repostings of fandom / unrelated / occasionally (*cough*often*coigh*) NSFW shit.

Aiko Heiwa said:
No-Face said:
Иeptune said:
Aiko Heiwa said:
^this

i dunno, i never viewed tumblr or it's community as a good thing for photos and stuff
One benefit is that Tumblr lets you keep all intellectual rights to your artwork whereas sites like Facebook force you to give it up.

Viridi said:
No-Face said:

your tumblr is kinda annoying to read through because 99% of it is just random reposts of pictures

i just wanted to say that

tumblr_inline_mtdlfsRxP21rq0tt0.gif

okay, yeah. i guess that was kinda my fault because of my own expectations

the only tumblrs i actively follow don't just reblog stuff without comment, they reblog and then put a little comment with their thoughts on it below it. that just seemed natural to me

i don't really see the point of making a site dedicated to only posting pictures that other people posted. like, what's the point? i thought blogs were about expressing yourself, so if you comment on stuff then that helps

but yeah, i guess that's just me and my expectations, so my bad

lol I offered no commentary on your statement beyond a silly drag queen gif about reading someone idk too much too explain, just come to my play and watch rpdr

this might've been a more appropriate gif but I was hoping to save it

tumblr_lzijiaO9hK1qa20kao1_500.gif

Also adding comments to posts is pleb tier unless you've got something good to add, get with the times and talk with tags. As for blogs with just pictures, it could be for aesthetic purposes, or that the image should get enough of the point across to not require words, or that the image itself contains all necessary information, idk, don't ask me the photo graduate about the meaning of photos and how one can express themselves through imagery. Words are hard.

I haven't really used my account much, other than to get rid of the ugly layout of pictures that they give people that don't have an account. It's also a good source for gifs. My favourite thing that exists because of tumblr is tumblr in action, it's hilarious.

Viridi said:

the only tumblrs i actively follow don't just reblog stuff without comment, they reblog and then put a little comment with their thoughts on it below it. that just seemed natural to me

i don't really see the point of making a site dedicated to only posting pictures that other people posted. like, what's the point? i thought blogs were about expressing yourself, so if you comment on stuff then that helps

yeah i think you're under the impression that my type of blog is uncommon because you follow different types of people

from what i've gathered on tumblr there are different communities of blogs that all follow each other. there are fandom blogs, humor blogs, photo blogs, monochrome blogs, etc

i sometimes comment on things (but, like anton said, almost always in the tags). really, i use my tumblr to share things i like with people who have similar interests. and most importantly, i use it for my personal enjoyment. it just so happens that i have a bunch of really cool people who follow me 8)

No-Face said:
Viridi said:

yeah i think you're under the impression that my type of blog is uncommon because you follow different types of people

from what i've gathered on tumblr there are different communities of blogs that all follow each other. there are fandom blogs, humor blogs, photo blogs, monochrome blogs, etc

i sometimes comment on things (but, like anton said, almost always in the tags). really, i use my tumblr to share things i like with people who have similar interests. and most importantly, i use it for my personal enjoyment. it just so happens that i have a bunch of really cool people who follow me 8)
You're motherfuckin welcomeand there was that one time when you made a post which got half a million notes
I got a post to 1000 recently, so woop? Let's see if I can get to 1000 followers by the end of the year now, or if not 750 would be nice (even though I am less than 100 away from that now)

Anyway, I have seperate blogs because I just like to keep some things separate, as I don't want rp threads clogging up my main blog and my follower's dashes and I know crack content which I post on dirtydiokuyaconfessions could annoy people on my blog

Viridi said:

I think you're using Tumblr wrong. It's not a site you go to for intellectual stimulation. It's a site you go to for finding funny and/or cute pictures of your favorite things, as well as to get yelled at for being cis scum.

Haruka Nanase said:
You're motherfuckin welcomeand there was that one time when you made a post which got half a million notes
I got a post to 1000 recently, so woop? Let's see if I can get to 1000 followers by the end of the year now, or if not 750 would be nice (even though I am less than 100 away from that now)

Anyway, I have seperate blogs because I just like to keep some things separate, as I don't want rp threads clogging up my main blog and my follower's dashes and I know crack content which I post on dirtydiokuyaconfessions could annoy people on my blog
woah there friend it's only at 380,000 notes (plus you got three times more followers so who's winning now)
Seadramon said:
I think you're using Tumblr wrong. It's not a site you go to for intellectual stimulation. It's a site you go to for finding funny and/or cute pictures of your favorite things, as well as to get yelled at for being cis scum.
>using tumblr wrong

It's a site for doing what you want. If he wants to use it for intellectual stimulation, then he will. As I said, there are different parts, and I'm sure there's a place for being smarty.

also, people exaggerate the cis scum thing too much. i don't see it often, if at all. anyone who does call everyone cis scum is an outlier adn should not have been counted

I wasn't being serious with the "wrong" thing, and I'm sure Javelin picked up on the facetiousness.

Also, I've encountered that sort of mindset a lot back then when I still had a Tumblr account, it's why I got rid of it. Sure, they didn't outright yell "die, cis scum!" at you, since that's an exaggeration made to make fun of that particular subsect of the website. However, "intolerance born from warped attempts to be tolerant" is a prevalent theme on Tumblr. I've seen posts of people demonising a man for daring to hold a door open for a woman. I've seen posts trying to campaign that all men should be judged and treated as rapists by default. I've seen posts celebrating bisexuality being replied to with "Take that, cis gays!". And all of these posts get reblogged and adorned with replies upon replies agreeing with them.

If you have not encountered the full extent of this side of Tumblr yet, be glad. You're lucky. There are some dangerous, extremist mindsets roaming on Tumblr, and some of them are good at disguising their warped doctrine. The human mind is an impressionable thing, and it's especially welcoming to change if that change happens slowly and subtly. It makes me insanely worried knowing that some of my friends hang around in dangerous proximity to those circles, and every time this comes up I fear that they might eventually get dragged into that scene.

i've encountered it, i just know how to deal with it. everyone section of the internet - nay, the world - has its extremists. it's not really unique to the tumblr social justice scene

Seadramon said:
I wasn't being serious with the "wrong" thing, and I'm sure Javelin picked up on the facetiousness.

Also, I've encountered that sort of mindset a lot back then when I still had a Tumblr account, it's why I got rid of it. Sure, they didn't outright yell "die, cis scum!" at you, since that's an exaggeration made to make fun of that particular subsect of the website. However, "intolerance born from warped attempts to be tolerant" is a prevalent theme on Tumblr. I've seen posts of people demonising a man for daring to hold a door open for a woman. I've seen posts trying to campaign that all men should be judged and treated as rapists by default. I've seen posts celebrating bisexuality being replied to with "Take that, cis gays!". And all of these posts get reblogged and adorned with replies upon replies agreeing with them.

If you have not encountered the full extent of this side of Tumblr yet, be glad. You're lucky. There are some dangerous, extremist mindsets roaming on Tumblr, and some of them are good at disguising their warped doctrine. The human mind is an impressionable thing, and it's especially welcoming to change if that change happens slowly and subtly. It makes me insanely worried knowing that some of my friends hang around in dangerous proximity to those circles, and every time this comes up I fear that they might eventually get dragged into that scene.
I have stumbled across a few of those blogs, one which I actually reported as a result.
When I do stumble across anyone, I usually block them and blacklist their url, I also have the 'sj' tag blocked as well (even though not too many people tag it and i don't like asking people to tag stuff)

Hahhahaha, reminds me of the time when a straight person hater followed me (their description stated it) and I obviously didn't follow back, and blocked them to prevent them asking me to follow back, it was kind of ironic that they followed me in the first place, they unfollowed me soon after though (must have realised I was straight :smug:)

I am pretty lucky that I have never got any real 'anon hate' either. I mean, when I first started I got an angry anon message, as I didn't tag a spoiler because I didn't know how spoiler tagging worked, and that was it.
Either I'm not famous enough to get any anon hate or everyone just thinks I'm fab

I also remember there was once an incident where you got involved with some tumblr cis hater, and you seemed very distraught about it from the way you posted about it.

Was that the same incident?

Seadramon said:
I also remember there was once an incident where you got involved with some tumblr cis hater, and you seemed very distraught about it from the way you posted about it.

Was that the same incident?
That happened earlier, as I stumbled across their blog and it made me just feel really REALLY uncomfortable as it was the first run-in I had with that side of tumblr, I never actually interacted with them though.

Seadramon said:
Yeah, I got it. I know you well enough to separate the silly from the serious.

Seadramon said:

So I've been mulling over this post since making it, and looking at other things I said recently and not so recently, it seems to be the peak in a series of unnecessarily vitriolic posts made by me. I don't know if this is just me or if anyone else has noticed this (or if they even care, lol), but recently the majority of things that come out of my mouth seem to be some sort of hate towards whatever thing I lay eyes on. This period of walking around thinking "I hate this" and "I hate that" has been going on since the end of February, and I don't know what is wrong with me, but I keep acting strangely and making horrible decisions. I am also totally derailing this thread with this blurb, but I figured since this is the strongest case of me flying off the handle so far, this would be the best place for a reactionary post concerning this whole four month fiasco.

Anyway, I want to take back the vitriol I dispensed here and in other places. I've demonised things others enjoy out of some petty fit of meaningless anger, anger without any logical base at that, and I've also been sassy and smartassy a lot more, and this sort of behavior is inadequate and only serves to ruin the days of everyone who has to put up with it. I sincerely hope this hasn't been too much of a nuisance.

Back