Votes: 2 7.1%
  • a red plumber as a prince consort

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • other solution?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Dorayaki

King Bowser
Some complaints are contradictory if Peach must be kidnapped or there would be no main games. But is such a formula reasonable for a ruler of a kingdom to be kidnapped everday? if Mushroom kingdom is a "normal" nation.....

1, helpers: Mario is not the only one who wants to save Peach, especially Daisy, Toad and Toadette who appear or play in no recent main games.

2, military: Peach has to train useful sodiers to fight Bowser if there are many minions in Bowser's troop. At least make security guards so no one can easily intrude her castle.

3, technology: seeing Bowser's amasing spacecrafts and tanks, where are the royal engineers and scientist in Mushrrom Kingdom? (are they busy designing karts?) especially Dr. Gadd and Crygor are not recurring in recent games.

4, magic: mostly we know that Kamek is a tough rival and minion in Bowser's troop, so it's also useful to hire a wizard advisor even without the forces above. Wait..... what's Merlon family's duty in Mushroom kingdom?

5, combat capability of the ruler: Peach is getting further from damsel in distress during her performance in spinoffs. Even Smash is excluded, some other sport techniques are still useful.

basically I think at least they can say that Peach's measures are all useless, or let her be captured in special situations (ex, RPG stories or in traveling), or make more efficient ways to menace her (poison, other hostages), then there is no need to find flaws in the formula.

I personally think that Peach keeps getting kidnapped because her guards are complete buffoons. And I'm saying that as a Toad fan, so you know I have to mean it.

I think Peach gets kidnapped because she refuses to have a military force. Also, the toads make no attempt to rescue her, if they did Mario would have to do less work.

It would help if they had an army.

Also, Bowser would easily win if he organized his forces into proper invasions instead of patrolling random meadows. In fact, he could even do that if he just got rid of all the ? blocks. :P

The Toads make incompetent bodyguards. I think she should request aid from the Beanbean Kingdom.

EDIT: Actually, Toads would work if they acted like this.

Peaches Castle needs Grads.

Peach's castle doesn't exactly have good security if Bowser's troops are able to easily bypass it. It's also bad enough that Peach has a hard time defending herself; she should take a lesson from Rosalina.

Yoshidude99 said:
or she could just go into space like Rosalina

That wouldn't work. Bowser's already proven that he can take the airships into space.

Mario4Ever said:
Yoshidude99 said:
or she could just go into space like Rosalina

That wouldn't work. Bowser's already proven that he can take the airships into space.

Unlike Peach, however, Rosalina is capable of defending herself from harm, which makes it extremely hard for Bowser to capture her.

Yeah, but I can't think of a reason Bowser would want to capture Rosalina. She's only in the vicinity of the Mushroom Kingdom once every hundred years (or whatever the number is).

I think that if Peach had actual soldiers protecting her, she'd have a much better chance of not getting kidnapped. Of course, she could always just keep Mario, Luigi, or Yoshi nearby as guards to protect her. It's not like Mario seems to recreate much without her anyway.

Mario4Ever said:
Yeah, but I can't think of a reason Bowser would want to capture Rosalina. She's only in the vicinity of the Mushroom Kingdom once every hundred years (or whatever the number is).

Maybe Bowser tried, but was unable to, due to Rosalina's defenses. Due to this, Bowser soon decided to go after Rosalina's home, since it contained the Power Stars he was looking for.

Well of course, Bowser's army is a force to be reckoned with. The Toads are generally peaceful characters who are innocent in nature. Bowser's might would easily overrule the Toads. However, this does not mean that they are bad guards in any way as they still serve Peach very well.

Also I doubt the Mario Bros. could do any better as guards. Remember the introduction sequence to New Super Mario Bros. Wii? The Koopalings literally kidnapped Peach under the noses of Mario and Luigi. Peach was simply kidnapped by Jr. when Mario was distracted in New Super Mario Bros. DS. Bowser and his minions are clever when executing the initial plans; however, they generally fall to the heroes by the end.

Super Princess Peach was another example when even Mario, Luigi, and Toad were all kidnapped by Bowser's minions.

Cell said:
But Toads can't do *bleep*.

Let me help Toad85 in this issue.

images
images
images

Play these before saying that about the Toads.

Propeller Toad said:
Also I doubt the Mario Bros. could do any better as guards.

At least when a giant Bowser rampages the Mushroom Kingdom, the Mario Bros.' first reaction isn't "Panic and fear! Panic and fear!"

^True, but the Toads didn't panic in some games such as NSMB Wii. The Mario Bros. usually just run into the scene once the disaster had finished, so it is natural that they wouldn't be as panic-stricken as the Toads who experienced the initial effects of Bowser's terrifying appearance.

I'm not sure about Mario, but I'm sure Luigi would probably be in a state of fear similar to the Toads if he encountered a gargantuan Bowser in first sight (it's happened before). :P

I'd say both the Mario Bros. and the Toads are a weakness of Mushroom Kingdom.

One reason I said the Mario Bros. was Super Mario World and New Super Mario Bros.. In Super Mario World, the Mario Bros. LITERALLY abandon her. In New Super Mario Bros., Mario leaves Peach behind as well.

The Toad forces are also guilty. They usually simply panic PEACH GOT STOLEN! and expect you to save her. No more action.

Propeller Toad said:
Also I doubt the Mario Bros. could do any better as guards. Remember the introduction sequence to New Super Mario Bros. Wii? The Koopalings literally kidnapped Peach under the noses of Mario and Luigi. Peach was simply kidnapped by Jr. when Mario was distracted in New Super Mario Bros. DS. Bowser and his minions are clever when executing the initial plans; however, they generally fall to the heroes by the end

Let me help Toad85 in this issue. Play these before saying that about the Toads.
in the prologues, I still think these techniques to catch Peach are a little rigid if Peach is still free for her hands and legs without resistence or escape. They should put her in a cage all the way or attack her.

Toad Brigade is another kind of example, the only pity is that they're not using the main toads and Daisy in recent main games.
in toads' case, I think some games are saying that they're not as brave or all-round as Mario, but try to do what they can. The only problem is can they show it in the prologue before Peach is captured?

Mario4Ever said:
In Galaxy, Bowser stole some power of stars from Lubba and Rosalina, so if Rosalina holds some important power, Bowser should kidnap her. The probelm is there are seldom other victims that Bowser kidnap recently when Mario's world is getting bigger and bigger (ex, Daisy, leader of DK's jungle, mayer of Diamond city). Maybe that means Peach is the best target?

Baby Luigi said:

One reason I said the Mario Bros. was Super Mario World and New Super Mario Bros.. In Super Mario World, the Mario Bros. LITERALLY abandon her. In New Super Mario Bros., Mario leaves Peach behind as well.

The Toad forces are also guilty. They usually simply panic PEACH GOT STOLEN! and expect you to save her. No more action.
Um in Super Mario World they were on vacation and had no idea that Bowser was there. And in New Super Mario Bros. the castle was getting attacked by a thunder cloud and Mario had no knowledge that Bower Jr. was there and that he would kidnap the princess. Also there are only what 10 Toad guards compared to the 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 Goombas Bowser has :posh:

Lips said:
Baby Luigi said:

Um in Super Mario World they were on vacation and had no idea that Bowser was there. And in New Super Mario Bros. the castle was getting attacked by a thunder cloud and Mario had no knowledge that Bower Jr. was there and that he would kidnap the princess. Also there are only what 10 Toad guards compared to the 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 Goombas Bowser has :posh:

AH HA! ANOTHER WEAKNESS! The mushroom kingdom doesnt maintain a large enough military force!!!!

Back