WII HELP!

Boidoh

King Bowser
Banned User
I just got a wii a week ago and i got a few problems.

1.) When downloading stuff from the Wii Shop Channel i notice it moves kinda slow, then all of a sudden it moves super fast and finishes and it wont work, then when i donwload again it says updated what to do? (P.S. The internet i use isnt my internet..)

2.) New Super Mario Bros Wii., the game my wii came with has alot of mini-scratches on the back, is that the way how the wii writes info on it? Because ive seen alot of it. (i keep the disk in those cardboard things that those free wii games come in.)

PS. On a side question is there an age limit for this forum..

No, there isn't an age limit.

Even if there was one, it would be quite hard to enforce.

2.) New Super Mario Bros Wii., the game my wii came with has alot of mini-scratches on the back, is that the way how the wii writes info on it? Because ive seen alot of it. (i keep the disk in those cardboard things that those free wii games come in.)

I don't think that matters. As long as the Wii runs it fine, you don't need to be worrying about it.

Boidoh said:
The Wii doesn't write any data on the discs, it saves all your data on its hard drive or any SD cards you use with it. A few scratches don't usually break a game though.

Herr Shyguy said:
Boidoh said:
The Wii doesn't write any data on the discs, it saves all your data on its hard drive or any SD cards you use with it. A few scratches don't usually break a game though.
That's the great thing about wiis, if you wreck the disk, you can buy a new disk any carry on the game from where you left off.

Boidoh said:
1.) When downloading stuff from the Wii Shop Channel i notice it moves kinda slow, then all of a sudden it moves super fast and finishes and it wont work, then when i donwload again it says updated what to do? (P.S. The internet i use isnt my internet..)
What do you mean "it won't work?" Does the channel not start up, or does it plain not appear? Or something completely different?

Boidoh said:

Actually, if anything, the cardboard box is the thing scratching the disc, especially if it was bumped around a lot during transport. As Shyguy said, though, it shouldn't really cause an issue.

Creeper said:
^I think that actually might be illegal, but idk.

I think it is if the person whose internet is being used is unaware of it.

Back