Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode II

They combied one of my favourite Sonic Stages(Chemical Plant) with an ok stage(Oil Ocean) with a stage I hate(Sandopolis).

Hey look, UM's back.

UltraMario said:
Toad85 said:
Hey look, UM's back.
Hey look, an off topic post.
Hey look, another off topic post.

The sand zone looks pretty cool. But the ice theme park still is the best looking zone in the game so far.

So... The word on the street is that a copy of the game was leaked on Steam earlier today, but unfortunately, it ended up getting taken down, most likely by Sega's request. On the bright side, though, there are people who managed to download it before that happened, and there's some video footage of both Episode II and Episode Metal uploaded on Youtube:

That is weird of Sega. Anyway the gameplay looks awesome especially in the Mad Gear zone. I love that those enemies that shoot spikes out from Metropolis zone reappear. I can't wait to get this game.

Bump.
I am downloading this game right now along with Episode Metal. I can't wait to play this game for myself :)

Yoshidude99 said:
What was that in the trailer about google?
Google Play, which used to be Android Market.

Now that I've gotten a good chance to play the game it's time for me to give some of my opinions on it. As for the new physics engine, I don't really notice too much of a difference in gameplay, with the exception of the Spin Dash which I think has lost pretty much all of its power from Episode I. In Episode Metal it is still possible to do a 'standing walk' on walls (although it isn't possible to stand directly on the wall). For the levels, I think that the level design can make the levels a bit confusing to complete. The bosses are also a harder than in Episode I, and the final boss is significantly easier than the rest of the bosses in the game. The last segment of Death Egg mk.II Zone definitely gives a nice reference to Stardust Speedway Zone 3 from Sonic CD. The special stages are also a lot easier to control than in Sonic 2 and Episode I.

Yoshidude99 said:
Which boss is it that has a load of tentacles and looks like a plant?
The first boss, "Dueling Eggman's New Creation".

Yoshidude99 said:
So can you fly with Tails at any point or just when you are prompted to?

At any point in the game once you unlock the move itself after the level is completed.

Also, is it just me or do the world maps from Episode 1 and 2 connect?

Map--article_image.jpg
Sonic-4-Episode-2-Stage-Select.jpg

Back