Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode II

The badnik artwork looks great so far. Sonic 4 episode I was fun; however, I'm glad that they're reworking on the physics.

I really do hope Tails is playable in this game. His playability is the feature I am looking foward to the most for this game.

The thing on the side of it reminds me of that thing that jumped out the water at you in the Oil Ocean boss in Sonic 2.

As always, like they've been doing every Friday for the past two weeks, new Badnik concept art has been revealed:

6808484417_65292bf13e.jpg

408834_10150563390702418_23050342417_8802256_1194771485_n.jpg

This sandworm Badnik definitely hints at there possibly being a desert level in the game. I just hope it'll take after the scrapped Dust Hill and Desert Dazzle stages, rather than Sandopolis.

I don't mind as much as most people probably will, but that boss looks more like something out of the Rush or Rivals series than it does something from the Genesis games.

In my humble opinion, I think SEGA loves Nintendo, since they spared the Wii an '06 game, instead opting for a game in the Sonic Storybook series. I think SEGA has something big planned for the Wii (and possibly the Wii U).

It REALLY sucks that they're not releasing this game for WiiWare, but then again, the Wii U is comign soon, so maybe Sega thinks releasing anymore games of the Wii is a lost cause or something.

Still, it's kind of a stab in the back, the way I see it, and they're already dumping a third of their possible sales by doing this.

But, whatever, if they can improve the physics, I'd be inclined to like this game more than the first one, which kind of sucked, IMO.

Re: S4: Ep. 2 screenshots leaked!

q9EME.jpg

IeqvH.jpg

SBnIz.jpg

YPjkv.jpg

MtBjj.jpg

LGFxT.jpg

6jhWb.jpg

petue.jpg

LMIcQ.jpg

pE4b5.jpg

Also, this game is apparently going to feature an online co-op mode. So far, things are already shaping up to be better than Episode I. I just hope they were telling the truth about fixing the physics.

It looks like a level based of Ice Cap is in it. Also it looks like Sonic and Tails can perform special moves together. I wonder if it works like the Sonic Advance games.

I just hope there's single player Tails mode. I want the chance to finally transform into the beta Super Tails from Sonic 3. (although, it should be renamed to Turbo Tails to fit the theme of alliteration that Super Sonic, Super Shadow, and Burning Blaze had.) Also, the 2nd to last pic reminds me of the Ruined Zoo from SSBB.

I LOVED the Sonic 2 special stages, though I hated going through them with Tails, because Tails CONSTANTLY runs into obstacles and loses his rings!

Still, I'm looking forward to seeing Metal Sonic and his involvement with this installment.

Wow, the screens look great! It is really nice to see Tails playable again in a recent Sonic adventure game, and the game overall is shaping nicely!

I really do hope Tails is playable in single player mode as well. That would be just perfect for this game. :)

Smashgoom202 said:
I LOVED the Sonic 2 special stages, though I hated going through them with Tails, because Tails CONSTANTLY runs into obstacles and loses his rings!

Still, I'm looking forward to seeing Metal Sonic and his involvement with this installment.
How did you get into them?

All you have to do is collect fifty rings (just as you would in Sonic 1), and then touch the Star Post. After that, sparkling stars will show up, and by jumping into them, you'll enter the Special Stage.

A release date has been confirmed:

episode2date.png

This was listed on this page at first, but ended up getting removed. Luckily, someone at the Sonic Retro forum managed to screencap it before it was taken down. Looks like the 360 version will be heading our way on May 16th. The Playstation 3 version and the others will probably be getting released about a week or so later, much like the Sonic CD remake.

This is exactly why I try to tell my friends at school to get an Xbox 360 instead of a PS3 like me. I currently have no Xbox Live friends because of this.
Solar Blaze said:
So far, things are already shaping up to be better than Episode I. I just hope they were telling the truth about fixing the physics.
I can see in the fifth screenshot that Sonic has a different running animation, more like the Genesis games, so it's probably true.

SKmarioman said:
This is exactly why I try to tell my friends at school to get an Xbox 360 instead of a PS3 like me. I currently have no Xbox Live friends because of this.
Solar Blaze said:
So far, things are already shaping up to be better than Episode I. I just hope they were telling the truth about fixing the physics.
I can see in the fifth screenshot that Sonic has a different running animation, more like the Genesis games, so it's probably true.
Which ones where those games?

More screens are up at Sonic Retro:

http://www.sonicretro.org/2012/02/more-sonic-4-episode-2-shots-straight-from-the-source/

Not only that, but it also reveals that we'll be seeing an actual gameplay trailer next week, on the 23rd.

I forgot to post these from Friday's update:

i6pbI.jpg

MheOi.jpg

Also, according to a translation of this Famitsu magazine scan, the Aquatic Ruin/Marble Garden throwback and the snow carnival stage are called "Silvania Castle Zone" and "White Carnival Zone".

Back