SpotPass/StreetPass

MCS

Donkey Kong
Pronouns
He/him
What do you guys think of this new feature, StreetPass, with the 3DS? I haven't actually tried it out yet (seeing as I haven't taken my 3DS out of the house yet ;)) but have any of you tried it out? I might take it with me when I go on errands sometime and see what happens.

New Super Mario

Ghirahim
Pronouns
He/him
Re: StreetPass

For those who got it earlier, am I the only one who liked the old version better? I mean, I have to go all through stupid spotpass people just to get to people I actually know.

UltraMario

Donkey Kong
Pronouns
He/him
Yes. In a matter of fact, I kept it in my pocket in school, but supposedly I can't even have it in my pocket even though I'm not even playing it...

Vinnie927

King Bowser
Pronouns
He/him
I took it to the mall My brother got a new person and I got no one :mad:

A Little Chinese Lesson said:
I somehow got 25 new people in StreetPass
Now I know why

I played MK7 wi-fi

Weasel

Donkey Kong
Retired Forum Mod
Pronouns
He/him
I've had my 3DS since around July and take it everywhere with me. To this day I've only gotten 1 StreetPass tag. And that was today.

Mario4Ever

A price for everything.
Retired Wiki Staff
Pronouns
He/him
I never use it (the 3DS to random person ratio is incredibly low in most places).

MCS

Donkey Kong
Pronouns
He/him
Mario4Ever said:
I never use it (the 3DS to random person ratio is incredibly low in most places).
Well, I saw a girl at Legoland with a 3DS yesterday. I didn't bring mine, though. But the 3DS just came out this year, so chances are a few people here and there will have it.

'3K said:
I've had my 3DS since around July and take it everywhere with me. To this day I've only gotten 1 StreetPass tag. And that was today.
Wow, really?

Pinkie Pie said:
Yes. In a matter of fact, I kept it in my pocket in school, but supposedly I can't even have it in my pocket even though I'm not even playing it...
Did you get any StreetPass notifications while at school?

ToxBox

Power Star
Pronouns
He/him

Now I know why

I played MK7 wi-fi
Do I play MK7 wifi and I will get more people?

Mario4Ever

A price for everything.
Retired Wiki Staff
Pronouns
He/him
King DDD said:

Now I know why

I played MK7 wi-fi
Do I play MK7 wifi and I will get more people?
They'll show up in your Mii Plaza, but you can't use them in Find Mii or Puzzle Swap.

UltraMario

Donkey Kong
Pronouns
He/him
Mario4Ever said:
They'll show up in your Mii Plaza, but you can't use them in Find Mii or Puzzle Swap.
Oh, so that's why I got a crapload of random Miis in my Mii Plaza. :rolleyes:.

Mariomario64

Shine Sprite
Pronouns
He/him
I've gotten quite a few people on my 3DS. I always take it out with me because you never know who's going to have one. When I was in NYC a few weeks ago, I got StreetPass from this random guy from Iowa. Again, you never know.

MCS

Donkey Kong
Pronouns
He/him
When you pass by someone with StreetPass, do you get a notification that you passed someone with a 3DS? Like, what happens? I'll have to bring it around sometime.

Mariomario64

Shine Sprite
Pronouns
He/him
When your 3DS in sleep mode passes another 3DS in sleep mode, info is exchanged and the little notification light in the top-right corner turns green, which means that you have new StreetPass data. Similarly, it turns blue when you have new SpotPass data.