Official Zelda timeline revealed?

Nathan Fielder

Business Expert
Chat Operator
Retired Forum Mod
Retired Wiki Staff
'Shroom Consultant

Go to 5:00 to see.

At long last. I always wanted to see the real timeline.

zelda_timeline_official.jpg

Here's the timeline, apparently 100% confirmed.

Sweet, uh...makes sense?

So if the Hero of Time is unsuccessful, the last game in the timeline is Zelda II?!

This is confusing. If Minish Cap is the 2nd game in the timeline, what happened to his hat previously in Skyward Sword?

It's probably a different Link? >_>

I thought it was already confirmed that every games Link was a different Link, except for the handful of games which were direct sequels, iirc being the original two games, and Majora's Mask and OOT.

The timeline can be a tricky one to figure out. I was even involved with that discussion at one point.

Brock said:
I thought it was already confirmed that every games Link was a different Link, except for the handful of games which were direct sequels, iirc being the original two games, and Majora's Mask and OOT.
And the Oracle games.

Also I totally knew that Minish Cap came before OoT.

I'm surprised Bop hasn't posted in here yet, considering his obsession with interest in the series.

So the incident where they decided to name every princess "Zelda" happened after pretty much every game in which a Zelda appears?

Also, I'm pretty sure it was confirmed a few years ago that the Oracle games were supposed to reconnect the child and adult timelines.

SiFi said:
So the incident where they decided to name every princess "Zelda" happened after pretty much every game in which a Zelda appears?

Also, I'm pretty sure it was confirmed a few years ago that the Oracle games were supposed to reconnect the child and adult timelines.
Well, in WW and PH, Zelda was called Tetra.

Brock said:
Yiu missed WW and PH

I always thought that every game started fresh with a new 'Link' and they didn't follow the events of any other game in the series, like Pokemon.

SKmarioman said:
I always thought that every game started fresh with a new 'Link' and they didn't follow the events of any other game in the series, like Pokemon.
Almost took the words right out of my mouth. To add, I thought each game was an alternate reality of itself. Sometimes Link would be a child, sometimes an adult. Sometimes Link needs to save Zelda, sometimes he doesn't.

Back