Official Zelda timeline revealed?

NSY

Celestial Guide
At long last. I always wanted to see the real timeline.

MrConcreteDonkey

Noisemaster
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Forum Mod
Retired Wiki Staff

Here's the timeline, apparently 100% confirmed.

Brock

Credit to Mudkip
Chat Operator
Sweet, uh...makes sense?

Mario4Ever

A price for everything.
Retired Wiki Staff
So if the Hero of Time is unsuccessful, the last game in the timeline is Zelda II?!

UltraMario

Donkey Kong
This is confusing. If Minish Cap is the 2nd game in the timeline, what happened to his hat previously in Skyward Sword?

Brock

Credit to Mudkip
Chat Operator
I thought it was already confirmed that every games Link was a different Link, except for the handful of games which were direct sequels, iirc being the original two games, and Majora's Mask and OOT.

MnSG

Cosmic Beauty
The timeline can be a tricky one to figure out. I was even involved with that discussion at one point.

ShyGuy27

The Cardinal is dead -- long live The Cardinal!
Brock said:
I thought it was already confirmed that every games Link was a different Link, except for the handful of games which were direct sequels, iirc being the original two games, and Majora's Mask and OOT.
And the Oracle games.

Also I totally knew that Minish Cap came before OoT.

Mario4Ever

A price for everything.
Retired Wiki Staff
I'm surprised Bop hasn't posted in here yet, considering his obsession with interest in the series.

SiFi

Benjamin Judd
So the incident where they decided to name every princess "Zelda" happened after pretty much every game in which a Zelda appears?

Also, I'm pretty sure it was confirmed a few years ago that the Oracle games were supposed to reconnect the child and adult timelines.

Nabber

Artisanal Cheese Taster
SiFi said:
So the incident where they decided to name every princess "Zelda" happened after pretty much every game in which a Zelda appears?

Also, I'm pretty sure it was confirmed a few years ago that the Oracle games were supposed to reconnect the child and adult timelines.
Well, in WW and PH, Zelda was called Tetra.

Lily x

Goodbye
Brock said:
Yiu missed WW and PH

SKmarioman

King Bowser
I always thought that every game started fresh with a new 'Link' and they didn't follow the events of any other game in the series, like Pokemon.

DragonFreak

Everything that drowns me makes me wanna fly!
SKmarioman said:
I always thought that every game started fresh with a new 'Link' and they didn't follow the events of any other game in the series, like Pokemon.
Almost took the words right out of my mouth. To add, I thought each game was an alternate reality of itself. Sometimes Link would be a child, sometimes an adult. Sometimes Link needs to save Zelda, sometimes he doesn't.