Mariowiki / Userpedia deviantART Group idea

Like I said, I was going to make you cofounder so you can make all these changes. Don't worry about it too much - you, me, and BLOF can all try to fix any flaws in this group and make it strive.

MCS said:
Like I said, I was going to make you cofounder so you can make all these changes

Politoed said:
but perhaps some foresight could've been used and like...asked if people wanted this before you jumped into it.

I don't want co-founder, at least right now, so I hope me taking over wasn't planned from the start.

MCS said:
New Super Mario said:
MCS said:
Is this you?

http://www.newsupermario.deviantart.com/
Dude, that says jose on it.

I'm pretty sure my name is like NewSuperMario22 or something. I'm really not sure, but you can search for that, maybe.

Eeyup, found ya:

http://www.newsupermario22.deviantart.com/
Yep, that's me. I'll have to see if I remember my password.

Politoed said:
I don't want co-founder, at least right now, so I hope me taking over wasn't planned from the start.

I considered it. But that's cool, no worries. You don't have to join right away (or even at all) so take your time to decide :P.

Politoed said:
Baby Luigi said:
Any other suggestions to make the MarioWiki page look pretty flashy and not bare? :p

Well my suggestion is that to make it flashy you should make it not literally flashy. Remove all of the plz accounts and blinking images because it makes the page look a bit cheap and uhhhhhh childish? Set up more things for various types of art types or themes or something and have those on the page in focus at the top.

I also think there's an option to make discussion threads or something like that. Perhaps do something about that.

I'll try those. I'm just experimenting with things that's all :P

All of those icons that used to be there on the custom area to the right. I agree they may be a little bit too flashy so I think just the fan buttons will do

MCS said:
What does he mean by "plz accounts", anyways?

A plz account is a throw-away account with a name that goes like "[random subject]plz" (marioplz, bowserplz, toiletpaperplz), and an icon that depicts whatever your subject is. That way, by typing :iconmarioplz: or :marioplzicon: (I forgot which one is correct), any dA user can use an image of Mario or whatever else in their comments.

Caliborn said:
:iconmarioplz: or :marioplzicon: (I forgot which one is correct)

It would be :iconmarioplz:.

this is by no means the "official" group, so do you mind changing that to unofficial if possible

I don't think it makes a difference either way

Baby Luigi said:
I don't think it makes a difference either way
actually it does

if it's labeled "official" people will think the mariowiki has endorsed this

"unofficial" shows that hey it's just some people who got together

it's kind of an important distinction

There's nothing i can do about it then. I can't change the name of the group, and making it "unofficial" is misleading enough due to the name, so the only solution is to close the group, in which I am not the founder of.

But hey, it's not as if anything happened in that group yet that's why I'm saying it doesn't make much of a difference at all.

You should be more than capable of changing the Group Info text where it says "The official group of the MarioWiki community, the official wiki of all things Mario. (...)" You also should be able to change the tagline under the group name because "#MarioWiki" is the group name and not "The official MarioWiki group". I like the phrase "official unofficial" personally, but if you don't like using "Unofficial" even though that's exactly what this is, you can just say something like "A group for members of the MarioWiki community".

And it doesn't matter if anything has happened yet. You should be wanting to prevent things from happening rather than fixing a problem that has already happened.

Changed.

If we ARE planning to have an official group, I don't know what we're going to call it since you can't have two groups of the same name.

I still think two groups dedicated to the MarioWiki is redundant, official or not, so when an official group is actually made, I'll convince MCS to close this one and let all users know that the group has changed.

I don't think there will ever be an official group because why would there be, so there's no reason to make a 2nd one.

Said some of this in a PM but I'll say it here too because it's appropriate:

I am not going to take the founder position because I never asked for the group to be made in the first place. This topic has been dead for a year by the time mcs posted and he immediately made the group without any consensus or asking anyone. If the only way to make this work well is to force the founder position onto me I would rather the group just be completely disbanded and removed. I know doing this probably had good intentions, but putting just a little thought and foresight into this would have solved a majority of the problems.

This opinion may change in the future and I may want to run a group, but not any time foreseeable so no one should be sitting and waiting for it to change. If BLOF wants to run the group then she can go ahead and do that, and I hope it goes well. I guess I can still provide some advice if it's desperately needed but I really don't want to be the go-to guy for every single thing.

I'll run it, but I also question MCS's decision about simply jumping in and making the group without any sort of real planning. Still, I'll do my best to manage the group. :P

Baby Luigi said:
I'll run it, but I also question MCS's decision about simply jumping in and making the group without any sort of real planning. Still, I'll do my best to manage the group. :P

I didn't really think it needed any planning on the first thought. I just wanted to make a group for the MarioWiki that we could all enjoy. My intentions were good, but I didn't realize it would arise all these problems. :(

I'm completely fine with just being a member, though. It's a lot to manage a group anyways

Back