[New question] An extreme plan for "Paper Mario - Thousand year door"

I have beat the game! the final battle is incredible...

Now I can go back to X-Naut Fortress, but I realize that there's no X-Naut enemies anymore...
Goooooood! I need X-Naut PhD to steal D Up P Down!!!!!!! Now I have only one choice: Dark Craw in pits of 100 trails...
Any better idea? I should have stolen enough from X-Naut PhD before the base exploded...

===================================
Finally I've got this wonderful game I've dreamed of for 10 years half a month ago...

Let's get back to the topic.

I've beaten the monster on train and got the 6th star from that detective and my Mario has reached level 20. I have only upgraded HP and FP twice each, and upgraded badge point with the rest of upgradings. I set 2 Power Plus badges, 2 Power Plus P, 1 Defend Plus, 1 Damage Dodge, 1 Spike Shield, Heart/Flower Finder, Lucky Star and other neccessary special move badges. My Mario is an overwhelming destruction machine with up to 5 bounce attack power and 6 hammer attack power. His weakness is low HP. However I can finish battles as soon as possible thanks to his/his partners' high attack power and avoid most of the damage with perfect guard.

Now I've read the badge list and enemy list on mario wiki, and I've got a good plan to upgrade Mario's abilities.

1. P-Down, D-Up badge: it decreases 1 damage to both Mario and enemy (precisely speaking, Mario's attack-1 and defense+1). Side effect? Yes, but it consumes much less BP than Defend Up badge!

2. Power Rush badge: it increases Mario's attack power by 2 if Mario's HP is not higher than 5. A reasonable method to keep Mario's HP under 5 is to let the wizzard underground to move Mario's HP upper limit to FP/BP 5 by 5. Yes it's too dangerous to walk in the world with only 5 HP, but don't forget the badge I've mentioned above...

Both of the badges above can be "mass producted" either by stealing from enemey or buying from shop.

===================================
My plan:

1. Ask that wizard to lower Mario's HP upper limit to 5.
2. Equipe 9 P-Down, D-Up. (+9 def, -9 atk, cost 9 BP)
3. Equipe 20 (or more) Power Rush. (+40 atk, cost 20 BP)

Now they costs 29 BP, increase 31 atk and 9 def totally.
Why is there 9 P-Down, D-Up? Because the highest atk of enemy is 9 (Piranha Plant). Amazee Dayzee? Yes its atk is 20 but I can beat it in one turn with so high attack power before it attacks Mario. Two or more Amazee Dayzees? (maybe in 100 pits) No problem, i have Multibounce.

Isn't that amazing? I just can't wait to try it.
But, however, there are some factors that i'm not so sure about...

My question:

With the plan above, can poison/fire/freeze status damage Mario each turn? though it only hurts a little but since Mario's HP is 5 I have to be more careful. (I think I can use "Feeling Fine" to void this kind of risk)

Re: [Game Cube] An extreme plan for "Paper Mario - Thousand year door"

Uh... Yes?

Uh...Yes what? Poison still hurts Mario even when his def is as high as 9?

----Or maybe I should have changed my description: If Mario's def is as high as 9 that poison attack itself cannot hurt him (no damage number popped up), can Mario be poisoned by this poison attack?

I got a Power Plus Badge/P, Defense Plus Badge, Flower Saver, Flower Plus, HP Plus, couple extra FP Plus and HP Plus and a ton of special move badges. I upgrade each equally so whatever is lowest gets upgraded, if theyre all equal, it goes HP --> FP --> BP

beibeiking said:
Uh...Yes what? Poison still hurts Mario even when his def is as high as 9?

----Or maybe I should have changed my description: If Mario's def is as high as 9 that poison attack itself cannot hurt him (no damage number popped up), can Mario be poisoned by this poison attack?
I don't know. Try to figure it out yourself. It is your plan after all.

Mario still gets hurt by poison, no matter what defense you are. It always does 1 Damage though.

The low health, lots of strength thing is risky, but if you stock up on Boo's Sheet's, you won't have to worry about it much. I watched some guy play until after the train level, save up money and bought tons of Mega Rush Badges. So many that he did tons and tons of damage, like 12 on the starting power bounce. He had tons of Boo Sheet's for the final battle too

Because she goes invincible at one point and her attacks are beast

Feeling Fine actually won't protect you from freezing or burn for some reason. And I can kinda see another reason why you'd use P-Down D-Up rather than Defend Plus. P-Down D-Up also increases your defense against defense piercing attacks(such as Gloomtail's breath, HP Draining attacks, etc.) (But I don't remember ALL defense piercing attacks :P) while Defend Plus doesn't. I also think you should put Zap Tap on as well. That's just me though, it's all up to you.

Yoshi8984 said:
Feeling Fine actually won't protect you from freezing or burn for some reason. And I can kinda see another reason why you'd use P-Down D-Up rather than Defend Plus. P-Down D-Up also increases your defense against defense piercing attacks(such as Gloomtail's breath, HP Draining attacks, etc.) (But I don't remember ALL defense piercing attacks :P) while Defend Plus doesn't. I also think you should put Zap Tap on as well. That's just me though, it's all up to you.

Good suggestion. I will try Zap Tap as well.

To be honest, I haven't thought about def piecing attack...thanks for your reminding. That means the effect of P-Down D-Up is to decrease the damage other than to increase def.

So sort of a variation on the old Danger Mario build?

I have beat the game! the final battle is incredible...

Now I can go back to X-Naut Fortress, but I realize that there's no X-Naut enemies anymore...
Goooooood! I need X-Naut PhD to steal D Up P Down!!!!!!! Now I have only one choice: Dark Craw in pits of 100 trails...
Any better idea? I should have stolen enough from X-Naut PhD before the base exploded...

Back