• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Suicide League (Superhero fan story) New Whose Who

Cell said:
Discord said:
You are a disgrace to authors.
It's his story, not yours. Why don't you just stop reading it?
Because I'm a critic. I read stories unless they are unbearably horrible to read.
You see, the problem is that while GS is good at comedy, that's really the only skill he has yet. There's practically no plot, character relations are forced, and the writing is flat. Given time, he may be able to become a full-fledged author, but right now he's just rambling on.

Discord said:
Cell said:
Discord said:
You are a disgrace to authors.
It's his story, not yours. Why don't you just stop reading it?
Because I'm a critic. I read stories unless they are unbearably horrible to read.
You see, the problem is that while GS is good at comedy, that's really the only skill he has yet. There's practically no plot, character relations are forced, and the writing is flat. Given time, he may be able to become a full-fledged author, but right now he's just rambling on.
Nabber than i'm doing my job correct i'm writing what is largely a comedy story based around silver age comic books which don't have one large plot they have multiple little plots you idiot

That's another one of your problems. You're writing a comic story in the form of a fan fiction. They're two majorly different things! While in a comic it's okay to have a flat plot and corny characters, that's not the thing that I look for in a story. Even so, you need to know how to spell in both instances and you can barely string your sentences together.

Discord said:
That's another one of your problems. You're writing a comic story in the form of a fan fiction. They're two majorly different things! While in a comic it's okay to have a flat plot and corny characters, that's not the thing that I look for in a story. Even so, you need to know how to spell in both instances and you can barely string your sentences together.
Than why do you read it if you already know your not going to like it. It's not going to change nor will my spelling and grammar ability it's just not i'm writing a story based off of the Suicide Squad which is a comic books series and you reviewing my story based off anything but comic books is flawed.

I read your stories because I'm a critic. And refusing to change is never a good thing. I will read your story as a story and nothing else.

Discord said:
I read your stories because I'm a critic. And refusing to change is never a good thing. I will read your story as a story and nothing else.
Than i honestly don't give a fuck what you think

Again. You are a disgrace to authors. You close your eyes to constructive critiscism and won't believe that you have any flaws at all.
You make me sad.

Discord said:
Again. You are a disgrace to authors. You close your eyes to constructive critiscism and won't believe that you have any flaws at all.
You make me sad.
No i've closed my eyes to someone who reviews a story like a drama and not like what it really is a comedy based off of a superhero team. And that pisses me off that you would review something using a flawed system that doesn't change from story to story

I'll change my system. I just won't completely revamp it for you. Let's take this one flaw at a time. Please explain why I should excuse your horrible grammar.

You can criticize it all you want i just don't care cause it's not a big deal to me

Basically, you don't have an excuse but are too lazy to actually do anything about it? So, you're admitting that the story is flawed in that way?

Discord said:
Basically, you don't have an excuse but are too lazy to actually do anything about it? So, you're admitting that the story is flawed in that way?
Actually it's cause i have no idea how to use proper grammar (also right now i don't have spell check)

So, your story is flawed in the way that it has bad grammar. Glad that we have that down.
Next; is there an actual plot here?

There will be but it's mostly seperate arcs (although i'm planning on having at least 2 multi volume arcs)

Okay, I will give you the benefit of the doubt that there will be some plot.
Now, how come you can't put backstory in the actual story? How come you have to have whole chapters where you break the fourth wall to tell us who is who?

Well it's quicker and this isn't from a lazy stand point it's from a i can create 4 back stories at one time and i don't have to waste actual chapter time explaining them

It is being lazy. Because you randomly make up these back stories on the spot, they have nothing to do with the actual story and so they are effectively pointless.

Lazy would be not writing them at all

That would be the full course of laziness, yes. But this is still being lazy; you are taking an easier way out rather than a more well-thought out, sensible way.

Nabber it's clear that nothing is going to be accomplished right now so if you have any more questions bring them up

Okay, you're resigning to the fact that the Who's Who chapters are a bad idea. Now, a general question: besides having teleportation, does Ambush Shoe have any other powers?

Nabber i still think Whose Who are a great idea. And yes he can hold objects :P

Discord said:
It is being lazy. Because you randomly make up these back stories on the spot, they have nothing to do with the actual story and so they are effectively pointless.
You haven't read a silver age comic have you?

Review:

Who's Who 2 at the first part was a bit funny, but after that it went down to the nitty gritty, serious information, but I do complain the transition in that is confusing and the grammar/tense is incredibly off because I assume it was in Ambush's POV. Overall, it is good although I'm having this nudge saying it's not as good as the previous.

4.7/7

Nabber you need to resign yourself to the fact that Goomba's Shoe really doesn't care at all about the criticism he recieves.

I'm still half convinced that this entire story is an elaborate trolling setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back