The official Inheritance Cycle thread

Yoshidude99 said:
I want to see the movie of the first film
Curb this wayward desire until you have finished the book and read a reputable review of the movie; you are coming close to one of those "cannot unwatch" situations.

Yoshidude99 said:
I am reading the first book at the moment. Galbatorix sounds like Darth Vader to me

I hate it when people compare Galatorix to Darth Vader. It's completey asinine. I can name 20 other villans like him too.

CharizardLover said:
Yoshidude99 said:
I am reading the first book at the moment. Galbatorix sounds like Darth Vader to me

I hate it when people compare Galatorix to Darth Vader. It's completey asinine. I can name 20 other villans like him too.

Galbatorix is the Emperor.
Murtagh is Darth Vader

So I got Inheritance for Christmas and read it for eight, nine hours straight until I was done.

All in all, pretty good.

Favorite moments?
Galbatorix's death was pretty well done. I was wondering how Paolini was going to pull off making him a good villain, considering how little we had seen of him so far, but the Nasuada interrogation arc managed to help it out so that by the time Eragon finally killed him, the reader honestly wanted to punch this guy in the face or something. The manner in which Eragon defeated him was not lame at all in my opinion, definitely showed how their nobility and morals that Galbatorix scoffed at were great. I thought the spell that allowed him to understand was a wonderful idea and much better than it could have been (coughVoldemortsdeathcough).

The Dauthdeart was also a good tool that allowed them to pierce Shruikan's defenses without seeming too easy, and Shruikan was definitely much more threatening than we had thought he would be.

Least favorite moments?
Okay, sue me for this, but Saphira just wimped out in the end when she just randomly fell for Firnen or whatever. It was downright pathetic, and really spoiled Saphira's character in my opinion. Some cheap shot dragon comes along and instantly Saphira has a bond with him? Please.

In my opinion, Firnen should have been introduced earlier or something so that we could actually know this character.

Dr. Javelin said:
So I got Inheritance for Christmas and read it for eight, nine hours straight until I was done.

All in all, pretty good.

Favorite moments?
Galbatorix's death was pretty well done. I was wondering how Paolini was going to pull off making him a good villain, considering how little we had seen of him so far, but the Nasuada interrogation arc managed to help it out so that by the time Eragon finally killed him, the reader honestly wanted to punch this guy in the face or something. The manner in which Eragon defeated him was not lame at all in my opinion, definitely showed how their nobility and morals that Galbatorix scoffed at were great. I thought the spell that allowed him to understand was a wonderful idea and much better than it could have been (coughVoldemortsdeathcough).

The Dauthdeart was also a good tool that allowed them to pierce Shruikan's defenses without seeming too easy, and Shruikan was definitely much more threatening than we had thought he would be.

Least favorite moments?
Okay, sue me for this, but Saphira just wimped out in the end when she just randomly fell for Firnen or whatever. It was downright pathetic, and really spoiled Saphira's character in my opinion. Some cheap shot dragon comes along and instantly Saphira has a bond with him? Please.

In my opinion, Firnen should have been introduced earlier or something so that we could actually know this character.

Ahaha, that's pretty much what I thought after reading it, Javvy. It was a bit weird to see her just go all soppy and stuff, but it was a little amusing.

I am far into Eragon. I just read the part where they escape from that place where Eragon meets the Wherecat

I agree with most of what you said, Javelin. I really liked the ending. Definitely one of the better he could have come up with.

Lord Ghirahim said:
I agree with most of what you said, Javelin. I really liked the ending. Definitely one of the better he could have come up with.
Eh... it was alright. Not awful, not amazing.

Would have been better if they could have removed the radiation and rebuilt Vroengard in my opinion, but the fortune Angela told in Book 1 sealed the deal and I doubt Paolini would have broke her prophecy even if he wanted to.

Dr. Javelin said:
Lord Ghirahim said:
Eh... it was alright. Not awful, not amazing.

Would have been better if they could have removed the radiation and rebuilt Vroengard in my opinion, but the fortune Angela told in Book 1 sealed the deal and I doubt Paolini would have broke her prophecy even if he wanted to.
After how he lead up to it, I don't think he really could have had any ending where he didn't leave Alegasia, and a return to Vroengard wasn't exactly "in the cards", so to speak.

Bump

I just finished Inheritance. I liked Ayra's Dragon. Saphira is a really good character so it is nice to see her happy.

I read the first two books a long time ago but just couldn't get into the third one. I'm not interested in reading them anymore and I really don't want to have to read those long books again to remember what happened.

I read the first three a few years ago, then I went on the internet and I realized how derivative the story is and how much of what I thought was really meaningful is just pretentious. Now I got the fourth one for Christmas and I haven't even started yet because I don't think I can actually enjoy it.

It's kind of depressing...

Yoshidude99 said:
Bump

I just finished Inheritance. I liked Ayra's Dragon. Saphira is a really good character so it is nice to see her happy.
Ah yes, the dragon that got absolutely no character development and could have just as easily been renamed "convenient plot point".

It does have some good points, but it doesn't have much originality and their attempts at introducing complicated moral dilemmas were either left untied, resolved too quickly, or resolved poorly.

Nosferatu Man said:
I read the first three a few years ago, then I went on the internet and I realized how derivative the story is and how much of what I thought was really meaningful is just pretentious. Now I got the fourth one for Christmas and I haven't even started yet because I don't think I can actually enjoy it.

It's kind of depressing...
The fourth one wasn't too bad, because a lot of stuff actually got done.

Fawfulfury65 said:
I read the first two books a long time ago but just couldn't get into the third one. I'm not interested in reading them anymore and I really don't want to have to read those long books again to remember what happened.
Well, there is a synopsis at the beginning of each book as to what happened in the previous ones...
Magus said:
Yoshidude99 said:
Bump

Ah yes, the dragon that got absolutely no character development and could have just as easily been renamed "convenient plot point".

It does have some good points, but it doesn't have much originality and their attempts at introducing complicated moral dilemmas were either left untied, resolved too quickly, or resolved poorly.
Paolini should have just stuck with the plethora of unresolved plot points he already had instead of starting new ones. New developments that didn't add more dilemmas, such as the Dauthdaert, were fine.

He got too much in love with what power he had and it consumed him until he was little more than a drunken ruler crazed with attempting to grab as much power as possible.

Back