Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Yes, its a bad game

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Its underrated

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters

SuperNick3DLand

nickicksbutt7 on the main SuperMarioWiki
I really think Donkey Kong Country Returns is overrated.

1.No Kremelings and King K.Rool
2.No Underwater and Snow Levels (Less Variety)
3.Less Animal Buddies
4.Diddy kong not playable in 1-player mode

SuperNick3DLand said:

3.Less Animal Buddies
Those reasons where not big and then it made up for the rest.

Returns was Amazing. It had some of the best looking levels ever and are just as good as they looked. Returns was certainly not overrated.

Yeah, it's a pretty good game. You may be a bit dissapointed but it's design is brilliant.

New Christmas Yoshi said:
SuperNick3DLand said:

3.Less Animal Buddies

Returns was Amazing. It had some of the best looking levels ever and are just as good as they looked. Returns was certainly not overrated.
Donkey Kong Country Returns is not an amazing game, and defiantly not the best Donkey Kong Country game, thats DKC2, what makes DKCR so ''amazing''?

and graphics dont necessarily make a better game

Defiantly. Har.
Because it's just good. What's so bad about it? You just don't like breaking tradition. And let's face it: the Kremlings sucked.

I personally think Retro gave Rare a run for its money with this one. Definitely my favorite in the series. I liked the shift in a new direction that Retro is known for.

SuperNick3DLand said:
3.Less Animal Buddies
It's not overrated, it's the most criminally underrated game ever to exist. It is a game I can say I truly love to the point of euphoria a man gets from loving a woman. It is great NOT BECAUSE of the things you mentioned, but IN SPITE of those things.

1. It's ok for him to face a different foe JUST THIS ONCE. Nobody complained about it in Jungle Beat. It would be good to have the Kremlings return in the sequel.
2. I hated Underwater levels like every other red-blodded video gamer. Snow, I see your point. Good for being included in the sequel.
3. A great game nonetheless, and they could all be in the seqel.
4. Who cares he's so inferior to Donkey Kong anyway
5. You forgot 5, no Funky or any other Kongs. Bring them back in the SEQUEL. Did I mention I think there should be a sequel?

SuperNick3DLand said:
SuperNick3DLand said:

3.Less Animal Buddies

Donkey Kong Country Returns is not an amazing game, and defiantly not the best Donkey Kong Country game, thats DKC2, what makes DKCR so ''amazing''?

You do know that's called an Opinion.

All of those looking areas and it was a very hard game which is why I loved it.

SuperNick3DLand said:
SuperNick3DLand said:

3.Less Animal Buddies

You do know that's called an Opinion.

All of those looking areas and it was a very hard game which is why I loved it.
Yes, the difficulty is my favorite thing about it. I will defend that game till death closes my eyes!

Marwikedor said:
It's not overrated, it's the most criminally underrated game ever to exist. It is a game I can say I truly love to the point of euphoria a man gets from loving a woman.
When an IGN review gives a Nintendo game a score of 9.5 or thereabouts, it's usually one of their favorite games for the Wii, and IGN tends to give more coverage to those big third-party games than Nintendo. It's not underrated by a long shot, and definitely not really underrated... And that last part is something I'd totally sarcastically sig if I had room...

Nabber said:
Defiantly. Har.
Because it's just good. What's so bad about it? You just don't like breaking tradition. And let's face it: the Kremlings sucked.
You need to support your reasoning why it is good. The graphics were mind blowing for the SNES series, and so was its gameplay and variability, and how did the Kremlings suck? The Kremlings and King K.Rool were so fun to battle. Now in DKCR we get these stupid Tiki enemies? Did Retro even play Donkey Kong Country 1 and 2, could have done way better.

I have no clue why anyone would say the Kremlings suck they kick they are a gazillion times better than Tiki Tak Tribe. But again, it's okay for DK to fight different enemies on occasion. Nobody complained when Mario had to fight the Shroobs or the X-Naughts for crying out fucking loud!

While it has received much praise, I wouldn't exactly say it is overrated, for it still has some criticisms from many. It is a great game, though, even with its flaws.

Regardless, there defiantly will be a better Donkey Kong Country like game in the future, why didnt Retro put in the Kremlings?

Iagree with Lario I may have done some things differently if I was the designer but it is so great irregardless it is still a perfect ten.

The Tik Tak Tribe are pretty cool IMO.
Anyways, DKCR isn't overrated and it deserves to get that much praise.

I have to say that the reason the new-er DKCR has a different villain is because the DK series has a new villain is because a new company made it, so it will probably not have the Kremlings nor ever have them. I think it is likely for the Tiki Tak tribe to return for another DK game. Although I think they make pretty good villains to. Not that I'm saying King K. Rool and his gang should be replaced though......
:dk:

Marwikedor said:
The Tiki Tak Tribe were good villains
Yeah, I liked how they turn Good Animals into Evil Animal Banana Stellers.

I think this game is okay in most playabilites and distinctive features if not comparing with past
if the staff want to have a experiment of going back to 2D just like NSMB

Marwikedor said:
1. It's ok for him to face a different foe JUST THIS ONCE. Nobody complained about it in Jungle Beat.
Oh, yes they did.

Honestly, I didn't think the Kremlings' exclusion was that big of a deal at first, until one of the developers had the audacity to outright say "Does K. Rool HAVE to come back?" That pissed me off to no end how they went out of their way to say something like that, knowing how much people wanted the Kremlings to return (after they were already left out once before in Jungle Beat). I think that was just downright disrespectful, and did nothing more than add salt to the wound.

Solar Blaze said:
Marwikedor said:
1. It's ok for him to face a different foe JUST THIS ONCE. Nobody complained about it in Jungle Beat.
Oh, yes they did.

Honestly, I didn't think the Kremlings' exclusion was that big of a deal at first, until one of the developers had the audacity to outright say "Does K. Rool HAVE to come back?" That pissed me off to no end how they'd went out of their way to say something like that, knowing how much people wanted the Kremlings to return (after they were already left out once before in Jungle Beat). I think that was just downright disrespectful, and did nothing more than add salt to the wound.

That's a legitimate question, though.

It was completely unnecessary, though. All they had to do was simply say that he wasn't in the game. Saying things like that implies that they don't ever have any intention of bringing him back.

You know, sometimes developers get bored developing the same thing over and over again and using the same villians, the same characters, the same plots. What's so bad about adding new characters and new bad guys to the DK series, and leaving behind old ones? Every other series does it. That's how developers stay entertained, how franchise remain interesting over years.

Is it so bad if the developers decide they dont want to bring back a certain villain? That would be like saying Batman is only ever allowed to fight The Joker. As good of a character as The Joker is, how long do you think that franchise would have lasted had he been the ONLY main villain? Just because he is YOUR favorite villain, means the developers have to use him EVERY time? That's hardly business smart, let alone boring for both fans and developers.

Solar Blaze said:
It was completely unnecessary, though. All they had to do was simply say that he wasn't in the game. Saying things like that implies that they don't ever have any intention of bringing him back.

So what if they don't? K. Rool's inclusion or absence (along with that of the Kremlings) has not impacted my enjoyment of any DKC game in the slightest.

Back