The Official Dragon Ball/Z/GT/Kai/Super Thread

Dragon Ball Super is over. What did you think of it?

• Indifferent

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Disliked it

• Hated it

• Total voters
A new character's name is given
The fat Beerus's name is Shanpa based on an alcoholic drink just like BEErus and WHis(key)

Plot synopsis from Toriyama,
“Dragon Ball Super” is a complete continuation of the Majin Buu story arc. It’s got a bit of post-battle aftermath, continues with the “Battle of Gods” arc where the God of Destruction Beerus appears and the “Revival of ‘F'” arc where Freeza comes back to life, and then, I’ve written a strange new story where they finally depart from this universe. They’re fighting against their neighbors, Universe 6! They’ll yell at me if I give away too many spoilers, so I’ll keep the rest a secret, but they’re chasing after giant Super Dragon Balls; I think things will unfold in a bright and simple way, that will be really fun and exciting!

Since it’s another universe, loads of new characters will turn up. I’ll do my best to draw the tons of character designs necessary, so I’m looking forward to this too.

You know, it suddenly occurs to me that somewhere along the line the Dragon Ball anime has become quite a huge story. Since I’m the guy who drew the thing, it’s a bit weird for me to say this, but when I first started out I never dreamed it would have a universe as a setting (laughs). Don’t worry though, it’s still going to be the same sort of easy-to-understand content as always. Please be sure to watch Dragon Ball Super on TV!

That explains the timeline placement. Looks like the movies are just part of this saga. And we're going to on of the other universes. Cool!

My comment to previous spoiler:
Giant Dragon Balls? I am curious of how will they function and how does the dragon looks like. I am losing my fear that the series will backfire.

Just watched the first episode of Dragn Ball Super. I had no subs though. Thank god I read that manga chapter for a basic idea of plot. It was a fun start, and that episode preview looks promising.

GalacticPetey said:
Just watched the first episode of Dragn Ball Super. I had no subs though. Thank god I read that manga chapter for a basic idea of plot. It was a fun start, and that episode preview looks promising.
I like those moments where we get to see the characters do stuff when they are not fighting. Did you see the preview video for episode 2? I bet it would be a funny episode.

Second episode of Super:
I love seeing Vegeta in uncomfortable positions. Really fun episode. Whis talking with the alien was also pretty funny. Looks like we're going straight into Battle of Gods now.

GalacticPetey said:
Second episode of Super:
I love seeing Vegeta in uncomfortable positions. Really fun episode. Whis talking with the alien was also pretty funny. Looks like we're going straight into Battle of Gods now.
Where do you see the episodes?

Wow that Beerus is like a magical food critic who explodes every "restaurant" he sees. I wonder what will Shampa going to do in the series. Perhaps he invaded the 7th universe because he did his job too well.

If you google it, you'll be sure to find website hosting the episodes. Of course, they're all in Japanese with English subtitles.

i want to watch super so bad but im used to the dub and japanese voices just sound so weird for people like goku
i dunno, would you say its worth watching with subs? i dont even know if theres gonna be a dub or not lol

Is the entire series manga in addition to anime or is the manga just adapting the beginning to get people hyped? Because if they're running side by side then I'd recommend the manga (even if we no longer have to worry about one having more filler than the other or whatever)

I don't know. The manga has much less content. And it seems to have skipped the events of episodes 2-4 and went straight to episode 5. The manga is just a way to promote the show. If you want the actual story, watch the anime.

There's a fan translation which is accurate most of the time, but does occasionally screw up the dialogue and adds in "fucks" for no reason other than to make it seem edgier.

Got done watching episode three.

We've reached Battle of Gods. Goku is on King Kai's planet and Beerus is quickly approaching. All the other z Fighters and friends have arrived at Bulma's birthday.

This was also awesome:
11755927_1017203041634066_3488805447925717697_n.jpg

People who hadn't seen the Beerus film yet (if any) avoid this:
Oh boy, I haven't seen it yet but I am hoping we get to know more about the Pilaf Gang and if we will get an explanation for Launch's absence. I hope the anime will change some parts of the movie rather than repeating it.
I am on my quest to search this episode before they try to take it.

Few minutes later...

I like it.
1. Was Goku always that rude? or is this some temporary character flaw he has to overcome during the Beerus saga due to the result of not having anyone to fight with?
2. I really like how Beerus and Whis can be taken into comical levels rather than being played serious. I can easily see them go to McDonald's and have Beerus receive a happy meal.
3. I seen the preview for episode 4 and it made me want to see it more.

I'm just itching to get to the new stuff, but it looks like we have quite a few weeks of Battle of Gods material before it starts.

GalacticPetey said:
Got done watching episode three.

We've reached Battle of Gods. Goku is on King Kai's planet and Beerus is quickly approaching. All the other z Fighters and friends have arrived at Bulma's birthday.

This was also awesome:
11755927_1017203041634066_3488805447925717697_n.jpg
Piccolo's frustration with the picture is probably a nod to his reaction of losing to a game of Bingo.

I am not able to order the tickets... but I did watch episode 4.
My favorite part of the episode is every scene with the Pilaf Gang. It actually made me feel sorry for them when they were sitting and starving together. I get the feeling Pilaf is not as bad as he used to be, he decided to let Shu and Mai eat.

According to Wikiped I have to wait until September to see it. Better late than never I guess.

My thoughts on episode 5... I like it.
Somethings seems off in Goku's personality, well I'm not sure if he was always like that but here it goes. For some reason Goku decided to fight Beerus on King Kai's planet despite the fact that it is too small for such a huge fight. When he went to fight the saiyans, he decided to fight in a desert in order to avoid killing someone. But to be fair, Goku was overestimating himself and was always expecting to hit Beerus but he didn't.
For the Episode 6 Preview
1.Yamcha is stronger than Super Saiyan 3 Goku, he managed to hit Beerus.
2.Vegeta has 2 left hands for some reason.
3. I am too excited for this episode.
People who watch the videos complain too much. Are they better animators? They should be happy that Dragon Ball Series had been more alive than before. I don't even care if the show is retelling the movie because to me it's something different and it's good because it is longer.

I just caught up. I'm sorry, but the animation for episode 5 was dreadful. It got a little better once Goku went SSJ3 but that first half was still bad.

Just watched the new episode live.

Oh my lord, Chef Vegeta is the funniest damn thing. I loved the way this episode was handled. Buu got fucking demolished too.

Back