The Official Dragon Ball/Z/GT/Kai/Super Thread

Dragon Ball Super is over. What did you think of it?

• Indifferent

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Disliked it

• Hated it

• Total voters
Re: The Official Dragon Ball/Z/GT/Kai Thread

ahh nothing like more frieza

I still don't get why Frieza buuuut it looks really exciting nevertheless.

I think because even though he was outclassed in power by later villains, compared to them he was a special kind of evil, and that's part of what made him so much more frightening. Cell and Buu were created to be destructive, and in the former's case sadistic as well, but with Freeza it's more nature than nurture, and it's more fun for him too.

Haven't clicked play yet because I have an illogical aversion to listening to Japanese audio without headphones but oh man is that Master Roshi looking ready to fight I sure hope it is.

The trailer shows shirtless Roshi firing a Kamehameha.

This is gonna be good.

I'm getting surprisingly excited for this now. Right now, it's reminding me of the second Cooler movie - a villain coming back, with Goku and Vegeta fighting the villain while the other fight off the other minions.

I just realized you guys

When they get around to abridging Battle of the Gods, they have to have Wiz and Boomstick voice Whis and Beerus.

That guy punching out Piccolo reminds me of Satan from that Tenacious D movie.

I hope they justify Piccolo getting punched. Remember, this is the guy who went toe to toe with Imperfect Cell and could likely defeat Semi-Perfect Cell by the end of the Cell saga. He should not be on the same tier as Krillin and Tien.

This movie definitely looks like it's shaping up to be a lot more "serious" than Battle of Gods, which is fine by me. I really enjoyed the comedy-centric aspect of the previous film (especially in the dub, some of FUNimations jokes made me laugh out loud) but I'm always a fan of when Dragon Ball takes itself a tad more seriously, ie. the King Piccolo Saga.

I also can't wait to know more about Whis and Beerus's role in the film. I hope we get to see them fight Frieza alongside Goku and Vegeta!

We know that Goku and Vegeta are training under Whis and that Beerus is getting woken up early for something.

GalacticPetey said:
We know that Goku and Vegeta are training under Whis and that Beerus is getting woken up early for something.
So Vegeta may be able to go God too?

ernesth100 said:
So Vegeta may be able to go God too?

That would be really cool, though I don't know if he would qualify as a "pure-hearted Saiyan". Wasn't that one of the requirements for Goku receiving the God power-up?

A pure heart was also needed to reach Super Saiyan. Besides, Vegeta has definitely changed. He may be cocky and arrogant, but he's not a bad guy.

GalacticPetey said:
A pure heart was also needed to reach Super Saiyan. Besides, Vegeta has definitely changed. He may be cocky and arrogant, but he's not a bad guy.
Thatvwas proved when Bills hit Bulma.

I'm getting pretty excited for this movie. Those recent pictures are making me confused, though. Freeza's minions wouldn't be a threat to Piccolo and especially Gohan. After Battle of Gods, where everyone who wasn't Goku and Vegeta were proven to be completely useless, I hope the supporting cast gets some love in this movie.

Something to notice in one of those last pics. It looks like Vegeta is standing in front of a fallen Goku. If you notice, it seems their may be a hole in Goku's shirt, similar to when Frieza shot Vegeta on Namek. Could we see a similar scene but with the roles reversed?

So to promote the film in Japp'n they're releasing a manga version of the movie's first few scenes and I don't think there are scanlations but I did find a plot summary for the first part.

So apparently the Pilaf Gang managed to gather the Dragon Balls without any hassle two years in a row. It's just the "making a wish" part he screws up, but you have to wonder what would happen if he didn't.

Back