The Official Dragon Ball/Z/GT/Kai/Super Thread

Dragon Ball Super is over. What did you think of it?

• Indifferent

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Disliked it

• Hated it

• Total voters
Re: The Official Dragon Ball/Z/GT/Kai Thread

Cooooooooooool. Definitely going to watch this.

GalacticPetey said:
DragonFreak said:
Wait, is that like a different DBZ Kai than what is aired on like Nicktoons?
DBZ Kai on nicktoons was edited down to a Y7 rating. This has been restored to the TV-14 rating with blood and swearing.
Yeah, more testorone for me!

In the Abridged continuity, does Krillin quack when doing it with 18?

I pretend that the filler episode about Goku saving the eggs of a pterodactyl is the actual ending of Dragon Ball Z.

I finally got around to watching Battle of Gods.

OK, can I just say I LOVED that movie! From someone who likes Dragon Ball even more when they're not fighting, it was just great! I was just so surprised at how...mature it was. They brought up stuff I didn't expect, like Piccolo commenting on whether Goku really counts as pure-hearted. The fight scenes were epic, as usual.

Also, does Japan have a different view on alcohol? Because we got to see a tipsy Bulma and a tipsy Gohan. That was...very strange for a kids show.

The only problems I have are the continuity issues (Bulma's age, Goten and Trunks's appearance) and how vague the Super Saiyan God was in the first place.

So the next movie will apparently feature frieza.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-11-17/1st-key-visual-for-2015-dragon-ball-z-film-reveals-frieza/.81112

It would be strange and unexpected that Frieza revives only to get killed immediately because he was only revived instead of becoming stronger.

They'd have to somehow power up Frieza quite a bit if he's even going to be a threat in the movie. Cause by the end of DBZ, Frieza's power level is pretty much a joke compared to the strength of Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Piccolo, and a few other Z fighters like Majin Buu and Goten & Trunks (When they fuse of course).

I'd like to remind everyone that every single "Freeza got stronger in Hell but it wasn't enough" scene was anime-exclusive, and therefore not canon as far as Toriyama's concerned. The premise for this one could just be "Freeza got stronger in hell and it was totally enough" and it wouldn't matter if it contradicted Pikkon's introduction or Fusion Reborn or GT.

Oh. While that could be fun, Frieza already came back in Fusion Reborn. And he was oneshotted by Gohan. Ah, whatever. And, while we're at it, Frieza has definitely been dead for more than a year.

*sigh*. Guess that rule has been retconned out now.

EDIT: Ooh, unless it actually takes place during the wait for the Androids! Then he might actually be a threat if he got stronger during that time! If they run out of ideas, I'd love them to do more films during timeskips.

Sorry about the double post, but I found this.
00dra2.jpg
My thoughts:
I have so many questions about this. Who's the guy in the green? My guess is it's either adult Goten or Gohan with a haircut. But where is everyone else? Why is Krillin bald again? What is Goku wearing? If Beerus and Whis are back, what's to stop them from dealing with this?

EDIT: I worked it out, I think. The guy in the green is Gohan. They only put the Z-Fighters that fought Frieza the first time on the poster, which is a nice touch. It might also explain why Krillin's bald again.

Frieza's glow seems very Super Saiyan God-ish. He's gonna have to have a power up of some sort to deal with the buffed up Z Fighters. Since Piccolo is on the cover, I hope he gets a good fight scene.

The biggest head scratcher is why are Beerus and Whis are there? Why would they have to deal with Frieza, unless he got some uber power-up?

The guy in green is yamcha.

calling it.

The green guy has no scars. It's Gohan.

Actually, new theory. It was said Beerus would wake up in three years time. he's clearly awake for this movie. If three years have passed, that would make Goten 15. I doubt it's him but you never know.

Maybe Yamcha has a scar-removing cream.

Is it me or was the cat always named Beerus and not Bills?

I think the next film will have Cell from a different timeline who absorbs Android 16 and 19 and maybe Dr.Gero. Or gets revived, unlikely to happen.

I want to see Frieza behavior towards Majin Buu.

The DBZ timeline shit be whack, yo.

I'm interested to see if Frieza will have another transformation or something. Also I remember Toriyama saying the next DBZ story will be utterly funny so I'm looking forward to that.

I don't think Beerus or Whis would be obligated to help out just because they're in this. They're kind of "above morality", and I'm sure they'd be eager to see Goku overcome this on his own. Which is almost certainly what he'd want as well.

SiFi said:
I don't think Beerus or Whis would be obligated to help out just because they're in this. They're kind of "above morality", and I'm sure they'd be eager to see Goku overcome this on his own. Which is almost certainly what he'd want as well.

Of course, that just raises the question of what they're even going to DO in the movie. Unless they're more or less cameos, and the poster is trying to be misleading.

Guys I've figured out why Beerus and Whis won't just beat Freeza. Remember last time he went up against a god?

Back