Why do you think Bowser....

YoshiMonsta

Yoshi! Yoshi!
Why do you think Bowser is becoming more of a figurehead in some games? I mean in some games Bowser Jr has his face on a ship but in most games you don't even see him until the end. Like in New Super Mario Bros. Wii BJ flies a ship with his face on the front but you don't see him, let alone fight him, until the very end. If you agree with me and dislike it, say so, but if you don't, say so, but most of all, do you think Nintendo has a good excuse or reason? I want to know if you think so, so if someone does have a really good reason, we'll know why (until someone posts a better reason).

I personally think that it should be kept this way as Bowser is regarded as the mastermind of the plans. Once one thwarts the leader, the rest of the baddies will simply diminish and turn into nothingness. Bowser does not need to appear until the end because he has so many minions to sent out to stop Mario while devising a plan to stop the hero.

I only remember SM64, its remake, and NSMB DS to actually having Bowser fight Mario in the earlier levels; however, just repeatedly battling him or beating him in the first level makes him seem less threatening than what he actually is. Thus, it just takes away the notability of fighting the leader. At least as a final boss, one can take him more seriously as opposed to seeing him as a joke.

^Haha so true. I especially remember Bowser as the comedian of the Paper Mario series. I still remember the scene where he literally breathed fire on a bomb during the battle in Twilight Town (which never actually happened due to Bowser's "mistake").

I think it's because he's the most notable villain in the series. He has been the main villain in at least 100+ games and I doubt they'll take him out

Bowser may be the main villain of many Mario series games, but he's not exactly pure evil. Ganondorf is a perfect example of a pure evil villain.

MnSG said:
Bowser may be the main villain of many Mario series games, but he's not exactly pure evil. Ganondorf is a perfect example of a pure evil villain.

Probably because the Zelda series is more story-oriented, so its characters need to be more fleshed-out.

Every Mario game can't just phone it in and have you fight him 8 times like Mario 1 did. More variety.

I'd like to see Wart in one more game. Although he's not originally in the Mario series, SMB2 is where he is most commonly known and I think he at least deserves one more new game

Perhaps if Wart joined Bowser it would work out, Wart could use it as a chance to get back at Mario, while, Bowser could have a valuable ally, because Subcon would be another good place for Bowser's castle.

Back