Which Assist Trophy character should be playable in the next Super Smash Bros.?

^

• Andross

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Barbara

• Devil

• Dr. Wright

• Excitebikes

• Gray Fox

• Hammer Bro

• Helirin

• Infantry & Tanks

• Issac

• Jeff

• Jill

• Kat & Ana

• Knuckle Joe

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Lakitu

• Little Mac

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Lyn

• Metroid

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Mr. Resetti

• Nintendog

• Ray MK II

• Samurai Goroh

• Saki

• Shadow

• Starfy

• Tingle

• Waluigi

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters

Gumball Machine

Celestial Guide
The Assist Trophies were meant to feature characters who ALMOST made the cut for Brawl's playable roster, so which of these characters should be playable in the next Super Smash Bros.?

Re: Which Assist Trophy character should be playable in the next Super Smash Bro

This is a tough choice. Wish this one had multiple votes. But I went with Little Mac since it would provide another retro Nintendo series. Honorable mentions to Waluigi and Samurai Goroh.

I know this isn't the point. But the one I'd like least out of the Assist Trophies is Shadow. The chances of a 2nd 3rd Party character from the same series are incredibly slim. But I'd be pissed if it did happen and Shadow got in over Tails or Knuckles

If the poll was multiple choice, it would make things easier for me. Anyway, Samurai Goroh, Isaac, Starfy, and Saki, are pretty much my biggest picks.

Well my good man that is because F-Zero is, in my experience, a game about driving vehicles very similar to cars while Smash Brothers is a series based very strongly around not being in cars.

Star Fox is a game based around flight combat. Yet, it has 3 characters.

But Star Fox Adventures....!
How many elements of that game show up in Fox's moveset arsenal? That's right, none.

I vote anyone not named "Tingle".

Knuckle Joe. Knuckle Joe. I mean the same company (HAL Laboratory) that makes Kirby makes SSB so, why not give Kirby more Spotlight. I mean Knuckle Joe is entirely for fighting I mean he even gives you the fighting ability!

Re: Which Assist Trophy character should be playable in the next Super Smash Bro

Don't think Knuckle Joe really has that much of a chance. I think the Kirby series being represented is just fine with Kirby, Meta Knight, and Dedede. Part of the reason we didn't get either Dedede or Meta Knight earlier then Brawl was because Sakurai didn't want his own series being represented more then others just because he made it. The Kirby series in terms of characters is fine as it is IMO.

Knuckle Joe really does not need to be in Smash (even though he was made for fighting) just because he is an assist trophy. In fact, most of these characters can be considered to being equal to the Pokeball Pokemon characters in terms of being playable (sorry I had to bring this out, but it seems to me that quite a few people believe most Assist Trophies have a chance of being playable in SSB4).

Anyways, Knuckle Joe is just another enemy in the Kirby series, so there is not much going on for him to make him as important as the three we already have in Brawl. I think that if we were to get a fourth Kirby rep it would Waddle Dee (aka Bandana Dee) from Kirby Super Star and Kirby Returns to Dreamland. He has potential to being unique with his spear and waddle dee has been playable a few times in the series.

Aside from that, I'd say that Little Mac, Issac, Starfy, and possibly Tingle and Samurai Goroh have good/solid chances. The first three can rep their own series as no matter how small their franchises may be, we are lacking the number of actual nintendo all-stars to being playable in SSB4. Tingle? To be honest, I think his chances have diminished in recent time (seeing how he was removed in the latest Zelda games); however, he is capable of repping not only the Zelda series, but also his own series (these games were not realeased in America only). Samurai Goroh has his chance; however, is F-Zero deserving of another rep to Nintendo's eyes (even though Mother/EB got another rep)? We'll have to wait and see...

Tingle

Seriously, I voted for Waluigi. I want to to matches of Mario vs. Luigi vs. Waluigi vs. Wario for once.

Back