The Spiked Red One said:
_ said:
The Spiked Red One said:
4.a. She's helpful.
http://www.platypuscomix.net/interactive2/princesszelda.jpg
Stating the obvious isn't helpful.
Without Navi:

What the HECK do I do next!?

What is this block and why does it have a moon on it?

Why did that pig just charge me with no warning?

Also, you wouldn't know about Wallmasters. How would that feel?

Also, Tatl is just as bad.
1. It was always pretty obvious what to do next.

2. She told you about the Song of Time blocks? I didn't know that. I just saw it and was like, "Hey, that's the logo of the Song of Time!"

3. If by pig you mean Ganon, because HE'S FREAKING TRYING TO FREAKING KILL YOU.

4. The first time she told me about Wallmasters, I was like, "The heck? Nothing's trying to grab me." It wasn't until a long time farther in the game that I actually discovered them and easily defeated them.

Nabber said:
4. The first time she told me about Wallmasters, I was like, "The heck? Nothing's trying to grab me." It wasn't until a long time farther in the game that I actually discovered them and easily defeated them.

Same. I was never standing still long enough to notice anything.

So really, if it wasn't for her, then I wouldn't have been all confused about the Wallmasters.
I can't really say anything on the subject of Tatl and Midna because I've never gotten far in TP and I only played about an hour of MM.

I think her quote, "HEY LISTEN" is just as exaggerated as the "HI I'M DAISY". I've heard way worse than that.

The Spiked Red One said:
Bop1996 said:
The Spiked Red One said:
1.Okay, everybody is entitled to their opinion. But she does not actually constantly shout HEY LISTEN LINK HELLO LISTEN HELLO LINK WATCHOUT at any point in the game.
2.... do the math? I don't know about you, but when I play a game, I play it through without turning it off and on a lot...
3.What?
4.a. She's helpful.
b. Admit it: without her, you wouldn't last 5 minutes.
c. Without a strictly defined character, the fanfic authors can go nuts.
d. She's easy to draw. Believe me, any character that's easy to draw is fine by me.
e.Tatl: voice sounds like 5,000 other sound effects in that game. Midna: Annoying idiotic jerk with an annoyingly fake-sounding language. Navi at least has a voice that's recognizably english and distguishable from other sounds.
f. I admire the fact that she fought with Link in the final battle.
1.That would fall under opinion at this point.
2.Try around 30-40 times.
3.Little to no character development for her compared to plenty for minor NPCs like Talon and Malon.
4.a.All she did was state the obvious. "The ceiling is falling!" she says. Since the ceiling is on the floor, it's reasonable to assume that it has fallen.
b.I would prove it using the Ganondorf battle, but it took less than five minutes without her and using the Biggoron's Sword, so I don't have direct proof per se.
c.Fanfic authors? TBH, I could care less what the fanfic authors can do with her. They could also make Tingle a character in a fancic, but I deeply hate him.
d.Also, I've never seen any artwork features on a major Zelda fan site based off Navi; most prefer to draw Link or Zelda or something.
e and f. Tatl: Better a generic ringing sound than a nasal voice complaining at you. Midna and Final battle: Can't find an image of her with that giant hand grabbing the Beast Ganon form, but that's about 25 times more useful than just allowing you to Z-target. Midna doesn't just fight alongside Link, she actively participates in the battle and nearly sacrifices herself to save Link and Zelda, which in and of itself is more character development than Navi gets all game.

Oh, and I don't really like Tatl or pre-Master Sword Midna, but both get more character development and are less annoying than Navi.

1. What? How does this fall under opinion?

2. Why do you turn the game on and off like a spastic reindeer?

3. Okay, I'll give you that.

4.a.Okay, how would you like not knowing how to push blocks or use the A button at all? Also, you wouldn't be able to talk to Saria without Navi. And you wouldn't know about Wallmasters.

b.I mean like in regular combat. Try to fight a miniboss battle that involves shooting or boomeranging without Z-targeting. The tentacles in Jabu-Jabu were a great example.

c.Well, I'm just saying that they are happy because they can basically have Navi be their own character while still saying that it's canon-based. Also, Tingle does have a (however repulsive) character and personality of his own, so the fanfic authors can't really do much with him. As a fanfic author myself, I'm kind of insulted at that comment about them, and I could say the same about you. Nobody likes a sociopath.

d. Ever been on DeviantArt? also, I'm not saying that everyone has to like Navi because she's easy to draw, but I like her because she's easy to draw. Circle: wings: sparklies. No real challenge there.

e/f. Tatl: But I don't even realize that she's trying to tell me something, because she sound like 5,000 other SFX in the game. Midna: Yeah, okay, Midna is better than Navi in the respect of what she does for you in-game, but if Midna controlled your z-targeting like Navi does, you wouldn't be able to do anything without her either.

Also, you still haven't told me why you pity NSM...
1.We're just arguing over personal levels of annoyment.
2.I had short, daily play sessions, and when I had long ones, she kept up the constant stream of reminders.
4.a.The A button matches the color on the screen, plus it changes to say "Push" if you can push blocks...
b.Dude, Ganondorf is more difficult than average enemies or minibosses... And I think I need to try a "No z-target" run of OoT sometime in the future...
c/d.I base 0% of my liking for a character on fan-based media, except Star Fox, but that doesn't count.
e/f.I don't remember any bell sounds at all except Tatl. Midna: That says more about TP than it does Navi or Midna.

Corollary: Just got Skyward Sword, and Fi makes even Navi's good actions look pathetic.

Baby Luigi said:
I think her quote, "HEY LISTEN" is just as exaggerated as the "HI I'M DAISY". I've heard way worse than that.
Like "Do a barrel roll! (Z or R twice)"?

Bop1996 said:

No. That alarm sound from a Spiny Shell from Mario Kart Wii. I used a code to make it so slow, so it doesn't hurt me, but the alarm just continues beeping until I either get hit by it, fall off a cliff, or die in Balloon Battle. It's fine to hear it, like once or twice, but when the sound persists the entire battle/race, it just makes me want to drive off a cliff.

Baby Luigi said:
Bop1996 said:

No. That alarm sound from a Spiny Shell from Mario Kart Wii. I used a code to make it so slow, so it doesn't hurt me, but the alarm just continues beeping until I either get hit by it, fall off a cliff, or die in Balloon Battle. It's fine to hear it, like once or twice, but when the sound persists the entire battle/race, it just makes me want to drive off a cliff.
Blue Shells are my enemies...

Baby Luigi said:
Bop1996 said:

What's the code?

Bop1996 said:
Baby Luigi said:
Bop1996 said:

Blue Shells are my enemies...

Well, I don't know what's worse, making the Spiny Shell hit you, or making it slow and hearing that beeping noise throughout the entire race. Navi's quote and the Hi I'm Daisy thing is NOTHING compared to that car alarm cacophony.

Navi's still annoying at times, but only when she wastes my sister's time to point out the obvious.

What's the code?

I have no idea right now. I need to look it up on my SD card.

Back