Pizza is a Vegetable, Suggests Congress

Oh, I think I heard something about this earlier. Okay, pizza tastes good and everything, but it's certainly not a vegetable. It does have tomato sauce, but that doesn't mean that the pizza is a vegetable; it contains plenty of stuff that isn't so healthy. Just a very small portion of the pizza is actually made of vegetables.

Of course, the frozen pizza lobbyists are behind this. Everybody knows that pizza is a fruit, not a vegetable! Let's just look at the facts here: what's on a good pizza? Tomato sauce, yes, of course! I know a lot of people are under the misguided impression that tomatoes are vegetables, but let's just look at even more of the facts here: what else's on a good pizza? Pineapple! I don't think there's a single one of you who is going to deny the fruithood of pineapples, considering they're just about the tastiest fruit there is.

In all seriousness though, of course I don't think all good pizza requires pineapple, considering the best pizza out there is chicken parm with extra brocolli and mushrooms.

In all actual seriousness, this is pretty low. It's actually kind of funny that people are actually willing to debate that pizza should be classified as a vegetable. I mean, how much money do you need to get paid to say that with a straight face? These guys are raking it in, bros.

Pizza is not in any food group. It is rather a mix of food groups together. So, technically, they are partially right if the pizza has vegetables in it. Still, pizza is not a vegetable per se.

Congress thinks pizza is a vegetable.

I think that Congress has simply been eating too much pizza instead of fixing our problems.

New Super Mario said:
I only have mine with cheese, so the only vegetable part is the sauce
You should try some new toppings some time! You don't need to get pepperoni if you don't like, you could try mushrooms or sausage or anchovies or all sorts of other things.

Baby Luigi said:
Pizza is not in any food group. It is rather a mix of food groups together. So, technically, they are partially right if the pizza has vegetables in it. Still, pizza is not a vegetable per se.
xQk9E.jpg

Dr. Javelin said:
Congress thinks pizza is a vegetable.

I think that Congress has simply been eating too much pizza instead of fixing our problems.

Before they stop eating pizza, they need to get it out of the space between their ears.

Nabber said:
Yup. Now anyone who likes to fatten themselves up with pizza will be healthy!!!
Well, it's not like that isn't how it's going already. In part thanks to that food pyramid Mason posted, the idea that grain is some kind of miracle food that makes you healthier the more you eat it has entered common knowledge despite the facts. It's going to be like this until there's somebody in the food industry bigger than the grain farmers.

Since Uniju appears to no longer respond to everything with semi-relevant anime girls, I have chosen to do so in his place.

triwhat.png

I'm sorry, SiFi. I'll try to live up to your expectations from now on.
E4jFa.jpg

Well, all I eat on my pizzas is cheese, so only tomato is a vegetable on my pizzas.
And pizza is so not a vegetable.

Goombella said:
Well, all I eat on my pizzas is cheese, so only tomato is a vegetable on my pizzas.
And pizza is so not a vegetable.
And actually, I realized a mistake I made in my earlier post; tomato is actually a fruit, not a vegetable. Unless you have mushrooms or some other vegetable on your pizza, you have no vegetables on the pizza.

Noah, please, I know you're trying to help but it just ain't workin'! Mushrooms are even further from vegetables than tomatoes are, considering they're fungi. I think a Mario fan should know this kind of thing. Fungi != vegetables, it's that simple! None of them are vegetables, not mushrooms nor molds!

Noah said:
Unless you have mushrooms or some other vegetable on your pizza, you have no vegetables on the pizza.
Well, I only have cheese on my pizzas.

Back