I NEED suggestions!

OK, so my PS1 sometimes reads games and sometimes not, mostly not. It can't even read a brand new game. I'm trying to figure out the problem, and I think it may be the spinner, because sometimes I open it while it's playing, and it just sits there.I tried cleaning the laser with alcohol, but I don't know if it did anything. Sometimes if I put the brand new game in, it goes to the Memory Card screen which is SO annoying. So, I want you guy's suggestions on how you think I should fix it. I saw spinners online for like 7 bucks, so I might try that, but if that doesn't work I don't want to spend 30 bucks for a user system again.

So, yeah, help me out here.

Well, my PS2 has backward compadibility, and I don't have many PS1 games anyway. I'm not sure how you should solve this, as I have no idea whether PS2's still are backward compadible. My problem is more that my PS2 is about 5 or 6 years old, and goes reaaaaaaally slowly.

Depends on how much you love it.

Epic Nitwit said:
Well, my PS2 has backward compadibility,
Funny. Mine isn't.

ghostyTrickster said:
Epic Nitwit said:
Funny. Mine isn't.
Mine does. And yeah it sounds stupid, like why couldn't I just play them on there but the thing is I can't save all my games, which makes it boring.

I ordered a new spinner. Hope it will work than

New Super Mario said:
Mine does. And yeah it sounds stupid, like why couldn't I just play them on there but the thing is I can't save all my games, which makes it boring.

Well, good luck. But what do you mean by "I can't save all my games"? All you need to do is put your PS1 memory card into your PS2. Easy as pie.

ghostyTrickster said:
Epic Nitwit said:
Funny. Mine isn't.

Yeah, well, mine is also chipped to play both regions, so that might make a difference. And they may not make them backward compadable anymore.

Epic Nitwit said:
New Super Mario said:

Well, good luck. But what do you mean by "I can't save all my games"? All you need to do is put your PS1 memory card into your PS2. Easy as pie.
Thanks. The memory card won't fit in it or something, so yeah

New Super Mario said:
Epic Nitwit said:
New Super Mario said:

Thanks. The memory card won't fit in it or something, so yeah

Thats a shame.

ghostyTrickster said:
Epic Nitwit said:
ghostyTrickster said:
Epic Nitwit said:
Funny. Mine isn't.

Yeah, well, mine is also chipped to play both regions, so that might make a difference. And they may not make them backward compadable anymore.
I got mine in 2001.

Oh, well, I don't have any explanation for you, then.

Back