The Forum Reading List

Utsuchao Reiuji said:
Additionally, there's The Ear, The Eye, and The Arm, by Nancy Farmer. That one deals with three detectives and their attempt to find a trio of kidnapped children in Zimbabwe in 2194 - but that's an incredibly oversimplified plot summary and I don't think I could describe it well. Anyhow, yeah, very good sci-fi stuff.

I read that several years ago. It was good, but some parts were really weird...

Dr. Javelin said:
Eh, that book was alright but it really doesn't compare to other contemporary books. Eragon beats it in every way.

I know, but before Eragon it was cool and awesome.

Mario4Ever said:

I have the book in my house, but I'm going to be reading Inheritance and I have two big Poirot Omnibuses to read as well. I'll probably read Animal Farm after Inheritance if I don't find another book to distract me.

Inheritance comes out TOMORROW!..... and I won't be able to get it until Saturday ;_;

Ah, I just finished re-reading Skulduggery Pleasant. Excellent book.

I mean seriously this guy is hilarious.

The book Inheritance released today, and has lived entirely up to my lofty expectations through 350 pages.

11/22/63 released today...I'd love to get my hands on it. In other news, I'm almost done with The Eye of the World, the first in the aforementioned 14-part Wheel of Time series.

I've read the short story, not the novel. Not bad, if memory serves.

I finished it last night. There were a ton of loose ends. I still can't decide whether I'm satisfied with it or not.

Finished it now. I think it was pretty good, and he did mention that he would like to go back sometime and tie up some of those loose ends. Reading Animal Farm now, so Mario4Ever can stop pestering me. :-\

I have extensive experience with the hardcore Inheritance fans, and the fan outrage over certain things is enough to make it awesome, but the fact that he completely blew all theorizing out of the water with his ending totally owned everything.

Bec Noir said:
Finished it now. I think it was pretty good, and he did mention that he would like to go back sometime and tie up some of those loose ends. Reading Animal Farm now, so Mario4Ever can stop pestering me. :-\

:lol:

Enjoy.

I tried reading Eregon or whatever once but I just couldn't. It was mostly gibberish and not very well written.

Nabber said:
I tried reading Eregon or whatever once but I just couldn't. It was mostly gibberish and not very well written.

THIS IS BLASPHEMY! Read the LOTR Trilogy and then find and read the other 9 related books, dammit. You must atone for your crimes..... :mad: :mad: :mad:

Back