Who wants their fiction/comic reviewed in The Disconnected?

I would ask him to review Wikiland: Rise of the Prophecy, but only the Prologue is done, and Chapter 1 probably won't come out until December 1st at earliest.

Due to the usage of the "Wiki-" prefix and "Prophecy" in that title, I'm doubting that story's quality. No offense.

Hey

what would happen if someone predicted something in a prophecy

and it ended up being fake?

That would be awesome.

Background:

Tabuu has personally told me he hates stories revolving around prophecies. That is why he can never stomach my first story without mentally barfing.

Fi said:
Background:

Tabuu has personally told me he hates stories revolving around prophecies. That is why he can never stomach my first story without mentally barfing.
Info:

Pretty much anyone with literary sense (and some people who don't) hates prophecies. They're one of the oldest freaking cliches around, people need to do something new for once.

Dr. Javelin said:
Fi said:
Background:

Info:

Pretty much anyone with literary sense (and some people who don't) hates prophecies. They're one of the oldest freaking cliches around, people need to do something new for once.

Because that explains why the Zelda franchise is doing SOOOOOOO bad.

But in all seriousness, prophecies are really good plot-makers as long as it is very original. It's not the prophecies itself but how the prophecy is formatted that makes it cliched. Sometimes they make the best stories, as long as you know how to use them. Remember, the more vast the object, the more risk there is at its success.

Prophecies can be done right. But when a story completely revolves around it, and God forbid, it makes the main character a messiah figure? Hell no.

And on Userpedia, it typically results in egotistic little shits giving themselves undeserved power in their own stories. Look at me! I joined a week ago, but I'm considered the Wiki's sole hero and I'm perfect and Porplemontage calls me his successor!

Don't Fear said:
Due to the usage of the "Wiki-" prefix and "Prophecy" in that title, I'm doubting that story's quality. No offense.
It was honestly the best I could come up with. And the story actually does not whatsoever revolve around the prophect, it's just telling that there is one. The full contents aren't even known until the third episode which may or may not be made.

Don't Fear said:
Prophecies can be done right. But when a story completely revolves around it, and God forbid, it makes the main character a messiah figure? Hell no.
Oh god this. That automatically makes for a terrible story. That's also why I didn't even make myself a major character in the story;
I'm even plannig to kill myself off around Chaper 4 so there's no way I can make myself hog too much spotlight.

Don't Fear said:

And on Userpedia, it typically results in egotistic little *bleep*s giving themselves undeserved power in their own stories. Look at me! I joined a week ago, but I'm considered the Wiki's sole hero and I'm perfect and Porplemontage calls me his successor!
If you read this and didn't laugh, you have no soul.

(Or haven't read Venture of the Wiki.)

Let me just explain.

Venture of the Wiki was never intended for Userpedia. It was just a little story I sent to FunkyK38, then Gamefreak and Fawfulfury, then some of my own real life friends. The main reason why I put it on UP was because Ralphfan said I should.

My story was already halfway done when I posted it, and changing 100 pages was not only my list. Just because I placed myself as the main character, that doesn't really mean that I'm egotistic. My entire story is just from my pov, but I have other characters that I have made equally important. Having a story with you as the main character is not a flag for "He's self-centered!"

P.S. - There are stories like Corrpution that do not seem egotistic at all, and I would use The Three Mushketeers as an example, but that one's hard to say.

Nabber said:
Too be fair, Tabuu, most of your stories are about you.
No, they're not. In them, I make a point to be less powerful than anybody else, I make a point not to come off as egotistic, and I make a point to ensure that other characters play a bigger role in the plot than I did. The real main characters of Resolutions were Nalia, Alex, Stooben, and Ruin, all of whom actually played a much larger role in the grand scheme of things than my character could ever hope to.

Oh, and Aviate's about the main character trying to kill the author, Safety's about Stooben, and Typical Tragedy is actually more about a not-yet-introduced character and his fall from grace.

So shut the fuck up, Nabber.

Don't Fear said:
Nabber said:
Too be fair, Tabuu, most of your stories are about you.
No, they're not. In them, I make a point to be less powerful than anybody else, I make a point not to come off as egotistic, and I make a point to ensure that other characters play a bigger role in the plot than I did. The real main characters of Resolutions were Nalia, Alex, Stooben, and Ruin, all of whom actually played a much larger role in the grand scheme of things than my character could ever hope to.
So are you going to say that you're not powerful?
Don't Fear said:
Oh, and Aviate's about the main character trying to kill the author, Safety's about Stooben, and Typical Tragedy is actually more about a not-yet-introduced character and his fall from grace.

So shut the *bleep* up, Nabber.
I said most of your stories.
In fact, I never even said that you were some all-powerful person. I just said that they were about you. You are the main character.
And you double posted, you could have just edited your post.

My stories are not about me, Nabber. I'm just the narrator. I may be a main character in some of them, but, news flash, I'm not the only one and the story is, once more, not about me. Resolutions was about Ruin's lust for vengeance, not Tabuu.

I don't know how you planned to make the story, but it didn't come out with Ruin as the main character. He was A main character but it wasn't about him.

I have to pop in here and say that you do tend to overdo it on trying to not make yourself the main character, Tabuu.

I mean it's fine as long as you aren't overpowered or prophesied to do anything or whatever.

Back