Awesome Mario Pumpkin

Mario4Ever said:
YamiHoshi.nl said:
>>melonwad
Proxies might help?
I'm actually no fan of Facebook, because of its limits.
Everyone is like "zOMG! Facebook! You have to *bleep*ing try it out!!!!!111!!!ONEONEONE!!".
I thought, okay.
So I tried to fill things in, where I live, where I work, what school I'm studying at, etc., but Facebook refuses to let me fill that in.
What do I have to do? Lie about myself?

It's not like I don't want to help you, but I just refuse to touch Facebook, because of these reasons.

Off-topic personal bias: Facebook is for people without lives.

On-topic: I am incredibly impressed by this pumpkin. Did you trace something, or was it all free-hand?

So you are saying that i dont have a life?

melonwad said:
Off Topic: Why quit using facebook. I use it to keep in touch with family member that live in other areas that I can't see to often.

On Topic: How awesome is this pumpkin I mean come on people lets get Mario a WIN1!!!!!!!11!!!!

I totally do the same thing :P

And yes SM25, I agree with you too! So you other people hating on facebook say that I don't have a life? Well seems to me that those who are on here ALL THE TIME then have no life as well...What is the difference between going on here and going on facebook? Hm?

Mario4Ever said:
We're no longer talking to people; we're only responding to words on a screen.

Isn't that what we're doing here?

Mario4Ever said:
Off-topic personal bias: Facebook is for people without lives.
Without Facebook I would have no personal life IRL but okay. (Every single person I know IRL, including my friends, family unit and both of my Grandmas, has a Facebook.)

>>NintendoQueen
I know, these information are free to be viewed by friends and family, and that's where I limit to most of the time.
Plus there are so many alternatives to it, like Google+, Diaspora, some regional networks, etc.

Forums are different stuff, as on most Forums, you'll get well known by anyone soon enough, as anyone can easily find the thread they like to read.
And besides, many parents, grandparents, and even most of your school friends are most likely not on the Forums you're at, or not on a Forums at all.
In my case, I'm on Forums since I was young, so I'm more likely to go to Forums than most mothers in my neighborhood, unless it's something like a health Forums, or an foreigner Forums.
While that's said, I'm from the good old email generation, that didn't know what social media is, and it even took me a long while to take Twitter seriously, before I've started to use it sometimes.

Edit:
It's ironic to know how things can be misunderstood if you forget only 1 word.

It's cool you guys have any other ideas that haven't been listed to get word out on my pumpkin? I don't want to spam our boards here. Any suggestions?

melonwad said:
It's cool you guys have any other ideas that haven't been listed to get word out on my pumpkin? I don't want to spam our boards here. Any suggestions?
I'm sure you have tried facebook...but I honestly can't think of any other ideas that would help. What's the prize if you win?

Px3 turtle beach headset! http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/ps3-gaming-headsets/ear-force-px3.aspx

Could you please try to contribute to the forum more? If there's anything that irks me, it's an inactive user. You've only made two posts out of your own pumpkin threads and one of them was about your pumpkin too. I'm not going to deny, it's an awesome Jack-o-Lantern and I would totally buy one if I could, but I'd prefer if you would be more active outside of Fan Creations. If we were all allowed to advertise our stories and comics whenever we could... this place would be really shoddy.
Read Nabberture Science today!

Nabber, you're not helping. There's nothing wrong with inactive users, so shut up. You haven't even said a good word about the pumpkin here.

Unless he wants to be active, he doesn't need to be.

On the public front, y'ever thought of YouTube, maybe? Filming it for a while and asking people to post in the comments what they think could get views. Making it a video response to something related also helps views.

Great Idea hadn't thought of that one yet. @nabber I hope i have now been active enough to earn your respect!

Is that pumpkin for sale?
God that is awesome. Sadly I don't have Facebook. Nor will I ever. Is there someone who can like it for me?

melonwad said:
@nabber I hope i have now been active enough to earn your respect!
You don't need to worry about earning his respect. (No offense Nabber.)

I think it's a good pumpkin, but I didn't know if you were willing to listen to a little critique -- Mario's face seems a little tall. Not quite Luigi-like, but just a little too tall. I still like it though. I would never have the patience to carve a Jack-o'-lantern myself -- let alone a Mario one.

However, I think calling your own art "awesome" is pretty conceited. Okay... I'll try to leave this thread alone now. Something keeps drawing me to it.

Mason said:
melonwad said:
Great Idea hadn't thought of that one yet. @nabber I hope i have now been active enough to earn your respect!

I think it's a good pumpkin, but I didn't know if you were willing to listen to a little critique -- Mario's face seems a little tall. Not quite Luigi-like, but just a little too tall. I still like it though. I would never have the patience to carve a Jack-o'-lantern myself -- let alone a Mario one.

However, I think calling your own art "awesome" is pretty conceded.

And a bit vain aswell

Well as much as I appreciate the critique this was hand drawn I wanted to use most of the pumpkin space. I wouldn't considered myself conceited but you can think what you want. The pumpkin itself I think is awesome which is an opinion which I believe everyone is entitled to. So be it as it be I still think it's awesome and people should like it if they can. Thanks for all of you who have helped!

Mason said:
melonwad said:
@nabber I hope i have now been active enough to earn your respect!
Yeah, earning my respect is as much as earning Mason's respect earning a rock's respect.
A rock with an obsession with stabbing.

I'm not mad at the critique of mario's face or anything but that you called me conceited which is something im not. Or vain in the matter.

I would say "I was calling what you said conceited, not YOU conceited" but every time I say that, someone says "derp derp calling someone's actions a word is the same thing as calling that person the word." Spoilers: it's not.

I want to drop it though so I deeply apologize.

Hey melonwad (haha such a funny username)
I'm sorry if I was like many other people and assumed you were spamming.

I was once new to this and got so much shit from people, but I would enjoy having you here on the forum!

And yes, you're pumpkin is GREAT :) Have you done any other Mario related ones?

Back