• Fire Shield

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Lightning Shield

Votes: 7 70.0%

• Total voters

Master Crash

The Dragon of the West
Chat Operator
I've been playing Sonic the Hedgehog a lot lately, and I was just curious what other's thought.

What is your favorite shield found in "Sonic the Hedgehog 3"/"Sonic & Knuckles"? I'm aware that certain shields work better in different environments (Like the fire shield in Lava Reef Zone, or the water shield in Hydrocity Zone). But ignoring it's elemental defense, which shield do you prefer to use?

I personally like the lightning shield the best, the double jump is definitely handy, and it's ability to attract rings makes it even better.

I'd have to say the fire shield if only for it's special attack. It makes boss battles a heck of a lot easier.

However, for elemental defense purposes, I'd have to say that the water shield is most useful.

Water Shield.

I hate underwater levels with a passion, they simply aren't done right in 2D games. They're okay in Super Mario 64 and great in Galaxy, but otherwise they're just so annoying.

And Sonic games make it even worse by giving you a time limit. At least with the Water Shield, it makes the level tolerable.

ghostyTrickster said:
Dr. Javelin said:
I hate underwater levels with a passion,

Hey, Javelin and I finally agreed on something.
I agreed too. With the Water Shield, it will make the water levels a breeze. And the fact that it can reflect projectiles is also awesome.

Pinkie Pie said:
ghostyTrickster said:
Dr. Javelin said:

I agreed too. With the Water Shield, it will make the water levels a breeze. And the fact that it can reflect projectiles is also awesome.

I don't like underwater levels either. But, I think that all the shields can deflect projectiles. ( At least the lightning one can.)
I voted for lightning.

Epic Nitwit said:
Pinkie Pie said:
ghostyTrickster said:
Dr. Javelin said:

I don't like underwater levels either. But, I think that all the shields can deflect projectiles. ( At least the lightning one can.)
I voted for lightning.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure all shields have that ability.

Lightning Sheild but the Water shield is helpful in Water levels.

I liked the Lightening Shield the most, because it gave Sonic an extra boost with his jump AND it attracted rings to him! Second favorite is the Bubble Shield, because Sonic can breath underwater (somehow).

I never really liked the Fire Shield, I didn't find it especially useful.

Back