Should Halloween be on a Saturday Every Year?

Should Halloween be on a Saturday Every Year?

• Yes

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters

DaisyGaga

Da f***, Rosalina?
I doubt the State of Connecticut can decide when a holiday can be celebrated.

You can apply the same argument to pretty much any holiday, it's always Fixed Day of the Year vs Fixed Day of the Week. The yearly ones are much easier to calculate, so they get points there, while the week ones can be planned around more easily.

It depends on your opinion.

Can't just randomly change a holiday like that. It would be convenient, I guess, but why not just make it so there's no school on November 1st every single year?

And since when has it been the government's job to decide when we celebrate our holidays? Especially when you consider Halloween is a shortened version of All Hallows' Eve, meaning the day before All Saint's Day (November 1st). Which, by the way, is a religious observance and therefore no business of the government.

Why doesn't this genius do the blatantly obvious thing that every town in my area does and make trick-or-treating the last Saturday in October? No one ever said trick-or-treating had to be on Halloween. I know that's basically what he's planning but you can't just change the date of the holiday completely. These people are lucky they even get to do it at night; my town's is in the middle of the afternoon.

I think making October 31st a day off school would be more logical.

I'm on half-term usually at Halloween anyway.

Captain Viridian said:
I think making October 31st a day off school would be more logical.

I'm on half-term usually at Halloween anyway.
Well, kids are up late that night. My logic went as their parents would let them stay up late if November 1st had no school.

No. The three most important thing in life: Tradition, Tradition, Tradition. Tradition can never be compromised. FDR tried to do this with Thanksgiving (he moved it up a week to help with the depression vis more time for consumerism) and everyone wanted to lynch him with it. October 31 is All Hallowes Even, NOT whatever the last Sat. of October happens to be.

Dr. Javelin said:
Yeah, really the only person who could do that is the President.

It's Monday this year, which is what I hate. Also, I was gonna do a Halloween marathon with my sister where we play Halloween I-Spy and watch Halloween Episodes of TV Shows, which I can't do any more.

So hell yes.

(Flashback to October 30, 2009. It was raining at the time in the afternoon)
*Fire alarm goes off*
Everybody: Really? It's raining!
*Goes out*
Everybody: It's freezing cold!
(We were out for a long time. The fire alarm happened because of smoke from a machine used for a party)

If that has to happen to me every single time because Halloween is on Saturday October 31, then no. And 2009 had Oct. 31 on a Saturday.

No, Halloween should be always on the 31st in my opinion. Just make school off that day or something.

Davesprite said:
Dr. Javelin said:
Yeah, really the only person who could do that is the President.
You totally missed my point. I will now spell it out for you.

No one can decide when a holiday is celebrated after it's already been celebrated on a certain date. No one is ever going to change the date of Christmas or Halloween. It's just not possible. There are always going to be people who celebrate it on the old day simply out of tradition.

The last major time this was done I recall is when the New Year's Day was moved from April 1st to January 1st. They only managed to get people to switch by calling them "April Fools". And we still celebrate something on April 1 every year.

Change the date of Halloween? Change? Neeeever! Tradittttttiiiiioooonnn!!!! TRADITION! Were it not for tradition, we'd all be like a fiddler on the roof!

Back