What do you think about Rebbeca Black?

Captain Viridian said:
It's sad. The music factory is the one who should get the death threats.
Alternatively, no one should be getting any death threats.

Well, I have to agree. But if there have to be death threats (which there doesn't), then Rebecca certainly shouldn't be getting them.

Scarecrow von Steuben said:
Nabber Simpson said:
IMO, she's not exactly the best singer, but I'd take her over rap music.

Are you deaf or just trolling?
Neither. I hate rap completely, it's where people go when they don't have enough talent to make regular songs.
Wait, rap doesn't count as a song. So that would be, they don't have enough talent to make actualy songs.

Nabber Simpson said:
Nabber Simpson said:

Neither. I hate rap completely, it's where people go when they don't have enough talent to make regular songs.
Wait, rap doesn't count as a song. So that would be, they don't have enough talent to make actualy songs.

And even Rebecca Black is any different from that?

I understand having opinions. But saying one singer over an entire genre of music seems silly.

You all say she's a bad singer, then you go download her song on iTunes. Really?
Look, I just don't get the concept of rap. It just makes me shudder. And from hearing raps all day long in camp, I can say I would prefer to listen to Black.

You do realize hip hop is a very broad genre, right? Dismissing it entirely because of a few bad songs is a terrible idea.

Captain Viridian said:
It's sad...the music factory made her sing those songs, so it's not right she's getting the threats.

Shame on the general public, for hating someone for something that wasn't their fault, and giving them so much grief for it.
Um I'm pretty sure she chose to sing those songs. You make it seem like she made that video with her family at gunpoint by a cackling record executive.

Remilia Bloody Scarlet said:
You do realize hip hop is a very broad genre, right? Dismissing it entirely because of a few bad songs is a terrible idea.
I'm not takling about hip-hop. I'm talking about rap.

Even tho they're one and the same?
Meh. I don't really know the difference between hip-hop and rap; I just know that there is a genre called rap and that I don't like it.

There is no separate genre called "rap", tho. It is just another name for "hip hop". What in Bunjil's good name are you on about?

I don't know. I'm not interested enough in rap to bother finding out whether it's different from hip hop.

Personally, I think Rebecca Black isn't too bad. "Friday" is quite catchy, and at least she wrote it herself, something a lot of artists today can't truthfully claim.
On the subject of rap:
Some rap music isn't too bad. Most of it is terrible, yes, but a few songs can be above that.

The only rap you can make me like is if its by Gorillaz, Snoop Dogg or De la Soul. And Gorillaz arent really 'Rap'

Nabber Simpson said:
Nabber Simpson said:

I politely submit that you are full of shit.

[quote author=Dictionary.com's Definition of Song]A short metrical composition intended or adapted for singing, especially one in rhymed stanzas; a lyric; a ballad.
[/quote]
And where's the singing in most rap songs? Only in the chorus, usually by other artists.

Wiktionary's definition of Rap said:
A song, verse, or instance of singing in the style of rap music.
See? I can pull out loose definitions in place of an argument as well!

By your argument, all instrumentals are terrible songs because there's no "singing" in them. Just because you don't like rapping, doesn't mean it's not a legitimate vocal style. 'sides, have you ever tried rapping yourself? It's actually really difficult to do properly.

Wiktionary's definition of Rap said:
A song, verse, or instance of singing in the style of rap music.
See? I can pull out loose definitions in place of an argument as well!

By your argument, all instrumentals are terrible songs because there's no "singing" in them. Just because you don't like rapping, doesn't mean it's not a legitimate vocal style. 'sides, have you ever tried rapping yourself? It's actually really difficult to do properly.
I never said I only like songs.
I said that I don't like rap, and that I don't consider rap a type of song.
Also, Wikipedia? Really? Who do you really think is going to be editing the rap page more, people who like rap or hate it utterly?

You said it in the most forceful, douchey and elitist way possible. Maybe next time, try not being a closed-minded douchecanoe.

And it was Wiktionary, not Wikipedia. My point was that definitions are loose and flowing and can't really be used as technicalities to prove your argument.

Look, I'm going to say this one more time: All that I am saying is that I, personally, do not like rap. I am not trying to start a huge war here (though I easily could.) So please stop arguing with me and let's get back on topic.

Nabber Simpson said:
I never said I only like songs.
I said that I don't like rap, and that I don't consider rap a type of song.
Also, Wikipedia? Really? Who do you really think is going to be editing the rap page more, people who like rap or hate it utterly?

So you like instrumentals, which have no vocals, but you hate rap, which does have a vocal, because you think it's lazy or talentless or something...? How is that any lazier or more talentless than not singing at all?

Eh, in my opinion most rap these days is just terrible but some of it is actually quite entertaining.

The problem with most art forms is that once it gets popular because it's good, people instantly start copying it but the quality goes straight down because they're lazy and don't care about making it good. If you listen to rap from older eras, it's usually much better than modern-day rap.

Dr. Javelin said:
Eh, in my opinion most rap these days is just terrible but some of it is actually quite entertaining.

The problem with most art forms is that once it gets popular because it's good, people instantly start copying it but the quality goes straight down because they're lazy and don't care about making it good. If you listen to rap from older eras, it's usually much better than modern-day rap.
This, I only like Snoop Dogg, De la soul or other artists that have collaborated with Gorillaz when it comes to rap.

Back