October 4th, 2009

ralphfan

Thank you based god
Yeah I remember that. I'm just glad that for the most part things have cleared up since then. I really don't think the Nuke was that bad. Sure it took a little while to restore all those pages but besides user reputations what really else was destroyed in the long run?

I don't care how many people have their thoughts now that Jorge is a jerk or even a troll. His past contributions to Userpedia far outweigh anything he did with the Nuke and he's still my best friend in this community.

I am a bit older user but I don't remember that

probably cause i didn't know what userpedia was

The whole situation was rather scary at the time. I was one of the Administrators there that night, and everybody was freaking out on chat. Right when I went to block Tabuu's account to prevent any other damage, he started demoting everybody (starting with me). But then Stooben came on and started fixing up the user rights and everything, and then all of the clean-up was carried out.

Needless to say, I'm almost certain everybody that was there two years ago from today will not forget what had happened.

Northern Verve said:
Yeah I remember that. I'm just glad that for the most part things have cleared up since then. I really don't think the Nuke was that bad. Sure it took a little while to restore all those pages but besides user reputations what really else was destroyed in the long run?

I don't care how many people have their thoughts now that Jorge is a jerk or even a troll. His past contributions to Userpedia far outweigh anything he did with the Nuke and he's still my best friend in this community.
I myself don't hold a grudge against Jorge for what he did, but I don't think it's right to say that what happened that night wasn't too bad. Because it was pretty horrendous and started a pretty bad schism in the community and even in the administration. A lot of bad things came out of the event, and ultimately, it did far much worse for the community than it did good.

I guess I didn't see everything that came out of the day. And again I'm a bit biased because I still consider Jorge a good friend. But besides User relations or tightened Userpedia security as a result we recovered.

Well I suppose you're right with that: we don't really see the effects anymore and Userpedia has recovered in that sense. Also, I myself also consider Jorge a good friend. I wasn't trying to insult him with my comment above or anything.

am I allowed to say something in this thread

ok, well I think we should all settle down and forget about it and be friends! It's been 2 years, guys, let's put the past behind us!

Paper Jorge said:
am I allowed to say something in this thread

ok, well I think we should all settle down and forget about it and be friends! It's been 2 years, guys, let's put the past behind us!

TORCHES AND PITCHFORKS.

Well, I don't remember being there that day, so I guess I can't really comment.

Northern Verve said:

Per.

Back then I wasn't a member of Userpedia though, so yeah.

Was not around back then.

those were good times FE <3

I can't believe how many people have joined ever since that happened though

then again it was two years ago but you know, it makes me feel old

Back