Hey You

EctoBiologist

Best cat themed touhou. I love touhou and DR.
Banned User
have you tried using any of the methods for getting a Shiny Pokémon?

I am soft resetting for a shiny Giratina.

Honestly, I've never really heard of any techniques to increase the chances of finding a shiny Pokemon.

So what's the "soft resetting" method?

It's when you reset your game without turning off the system. Useful for catching legendaries or receiving starters with a desired nature or if you want it shiny.

I used to do that all time time for a completely different reason.
I never knew it was useful for catching shiny Pokémon.

I don't usually try any methods of gaining shiny Pokemon except by using cheat codes. The only times I get shiny Pokemon is because I was lucky.

Giratina said:
have you tried using any of the methods for getting a Shiny Pokémon?

I am soft resetting for a shiny Giratina.
Psh good luck to you my friend.

I've only come across one shiny Pokémon in my entire gaming history. I had to trade for the other two.

And getting a legendary one will be ridiculously hard.

@Vanillite

Hey you're not the only one (well at least in the newer games). I've actually only seen two shinies in Silver (excluding the Red Gyarados) and all of them appeared by chance. Though I Ko'd the Shiny Rattata as I thought it was a glitch when I was younger, but I did manage to capture the shiny caterpie (a pink butterfree later on).

Anyways, back on topic. No, I don't use any methods of trying to find shinies (I've actually given up on searching for them). I'd probably only encounter them by random chance if I ever did see one in the future.

I have, in the course of my 11 years of Pokemon playing (although catching a shiny was only possible in 10 of those years), happened upon three shiny Pokemon and one case of Pokerus. The chances of shiny Pokemon encounters are ridiculous, and the chances of encountering a Pokemon with Pokerus AND transferring it to your Pokemon are very near impossible.

Soft resetting increases the chance for a shiny Pokemon? Or does it just make it easier trying to look for one?

PandaSoul said:
Soft resetting increases the chance for a shiny Pokemon? Or does it just make it easier trying to look for one?
It makes it easier, because it simply sends you back to the title menu instead of rebooting the system.

Back