The Fourth Wall

Nabber

Artisanal Cheese Taster
Don't you love the fourth wall? It is consistently broken, pleasing the audience since who knows how long.
You can stop breaking the fourth wall now.
~Nabber from Nabberture Science

What do you think of this mysterious fourth wall?

I personally don't see the point of breaking the fourth wall in a non-comedy story, so I don't plan to in mine.

I love it when characters break the fourth wall. Especially if they say something along the lines of "This is almost like a comedy movie!" or "We must be stage performers, so much stuff happens at once".

I love having the fourth wall broken. Which is probably part of the reason I love Fran Drescher so much ;D

I think it was cool until everyone learned what it was and it started getting abused (even more.) Whoever's writing my life just loves to annoy me.

Mason said:
I think it was cool until everyone learned what it was and it started getting abused (even more.) Whoever's writing my life just loves to annoy me.

Whoever is writing my life is out to get me, I just know it...

Breaking the fourth wall isn't a recent practice. I think The Magic Flute broke the fourth wall.

Ah. Well, technically it's still breaking the fourth wall.
Phineas and Ferb does this ALL THE TIME.

Monogram: Oh wow, what are the odds?
Carl: Well it is a cartoon, sir.
Monogram: What did I tell you about breaking the fourth wall, Carl?

I will admit that fourth wall breaking can be quite funny. One example is in The Lion King, where Timon stops Pumbaa from saying something that's not acceptable for the kids.

MnSG said:
I will admit that fourth wall breaking can be quite funny. One example is in The Lion King, where Timon stops Pumbaa from saying something that's not acceptable for the kids.

That's not really breaking the fourth wall...

Back