What were the Typos you found in videogames?

Mega Man X3:

"Damn! It's dead end..."

I'm surprised that nobody managed to find the typo in Lylat Wars (Star Fox 64), where Fichina was misspelled as Fortuna in the English version.
Ironically, Fortuna is a tropical planet in Assault, while Fichina is a very cold planet in Assault and SF643D.

I've been playing TTYD a lot lately and when your partner tries to convince Bobbery to be your ship's navigator so you can go to Keelhaul Key, Bobbery reponds "Awfully sorry dear boy, but when I say "no", I mean "no"!" Bobbery will still say "boy" even if your partner is female.

I distinctly remember encountering one when playing the American version of Super Mario 64 but can't remember what specifically it was. I think it was one of Yoshi's lines?

Christian Brutal Sniper said:
I distinctly remember encountering one when playing the American version of Super Mario 64 but can't remember what specifically it was. I think it was one of Yoshi's lines?
"Mario!!! It that really you???"

a_winner_is_you.png

best quote of all time

(EDIT: its from that one NES game ProWrestling its a classic guys come on really)

Michelangelo said:
I've been playing TTYD a lot lately and when your partner tries to convince Bobbery to be your ship's navigator so you can go to Keelhaul Key, Bobbery reponds "Awfully sorry dear boy, but when I say "no", I mean "no"!" Bobbery will still say "boy" even if your partner is female.
It's possible that he was saying it to Mario. Mario's partners act as translators for his grunts and "ah-hah"s.

^
Even so, Mario didn't really "talk" at all during that time, so the partners had nothing to translate.

BTW, that reminds me. Eggman/Robotnik has a similar typo in Sonic Heroes after beating the Robot Carnival/Storm bosses.

I forgot the exact quote, but it was similar to what Bobbery said. What Eggman/Robotnik says makes sense if you're using Teams Sonic/Chaotix, but if you're using Teams Rose/Dark...

In the Mario Power Tennis bloopers, Mario accidentally hits Luigi in the face with a tennis ball. You can clearly see that Luigi got hit in the eye, yet he's complaining about his nose.

How about that? I found a mistake within a mistake.

Bump and double post. In Kirby Mass Attack, when I went to Stage 3, it was listed as Stage 4... And Stage 5 is listed as Stage 3... WHAT IS THIS WITCHCRAFT?!

In the Mario Kart DS instructions, it says that Blooper sprays ink "on the all the karts in front of you." Unlike the "perfprm a mini-turbo" error, which was fixed a few months after original release, this one was never fixed. Also, the back of the box for early Canadian versions say that it's "A Mario£Kart fan's dream". Makes no sense. On the British keyboard, Euro isn't even CLOSE to the SpaceBar.

Not necessarily a typo, but whatever. When Goombella's on the Crystal Star pedestal at the beginning, watch her mouth. You guessed it, it isn't moving.

Surprised no one's mentioned this error in SuperStar Saga. During his pre-battle speech in Bowser Castle, Fawful says he was basically behind "Cakletta's revival". Also, when Mario's chatting with Lady Lima on the runway, he uses Luigi's gibberish, and when Luigi finds Peach has been kidnapped, he uses Mario's. The last one I can understand, because his hypnotism had just ended. Also, when he's hypnotised, he still says "GO WEEGEE!" to start battle. Wait a minute. GO WEEGEE!? 0_0 SON OF A BI-

In Partners In Time, if you save right before Shrowser, the little save message says "The Shroob's have been beaten!"

This one's from Super Mario RPG. That little shroom that heals you by 30 and causes the Mushroom status that the Goombette Triplets sell, y'know that one? The description says it "Recoers 30HP, but..."

From No More Heroes. The subtitles spell Rank 4 Harvey's last name as Volodarsky. It's actually Volodarskii.

Last one, from Pokemon Platinum (unsure about Diamond and Pearl). One Black Belt's losing message is:
D
o
n
e

i
n

Spacing fail anyone? He's located on the little extra section of Victory Road.

Speaking of Pokemon, in Black and White, I found a little something. Set your text speed to either medium or fast. Head to I believe Driftveil, and go to one of the houses. You'll find a lady that talks in one text speed SLOWER than the one you've set. Well, she's old, so I'm not exactly surprised. But here's the thing. There's also an old man there who talks in the text speed you've set. Why would an old man and old woman live together? Probably because they're married. Chances are, the guy's older. (I would say it's a two out of three shot he's older.) So what's wiyh that?

Pinkie Pie said:
Oh wait, I think the numbers on the levels might represent the number of Kirbies you need...
They do. Read the manual. And it's Kirbys not Kirbies, according to the game.

Strange, I thought any word that ended with a y would have an ies if you were talking about more than 1.

Anyway, in the first battle against the Shadow Sirens, Beldam has a typo in one of her lines. The line was "Shiny mustache or not, you can't be too bright if you came here looking for us!"

Pinkie Pie said:
Strange, I thought any word that ended with a y would have an ies if you were talking about more than 1.

Anyway, in the first battle against the Shadow Sirens, Beldam has a typo in one of her lines. The line was "Shiny mustache or not, you can't be too bright if you came here looking for us!"

There are exceptions to every rule.

Boozooka said:
(I would say it's a two out of three shot he's older.) So what's wiyh that?
Irony much?

anywho I don't remember any typos besides those of the Xero Wings or whatever the hell it's called.

Back