The Official Fire Emblem Thread

Dr. Javelin

Nathan Latsk
Okay am I the only person on here who's played these games recently? I'm in the middle of Chapter 9: Fort Rigwald in Sacred Stones as we speak.

Kirby said:
Is it a nintendo series?
Yeah, it's created by Intelligent Systems but sponsored by Nintendo.

Kirby said:
So what's it like?
Basically, combine a turn-based strategy game and a RPG. You get Fire Emblem.

[quote author=Wikipedia]However, the genre (strategy role-playing game) did not become prolific until Nintendo released and published the game that set the template for tactical wargame RPGs, Fire Emblem: Ankoku Ryū to Hikari no Tsurugi, created and developed by Intelligent Systems for the NES. Released in Japan in 1990, Fire Emblem was an archetype for the whole genre, establishing gameplay elements that are still used in tactical RPGs today, though some of these elements were influenced by earlier RPGs and strategy games. Combining the basic console RPG concepts from games like Dragon Quest and simple turn-based strategy elements, Nintendo created a hit, which spawned many sequels and imitators. It introduced unique features such as how the characters were not interchangeable pawns but each of them were unique, in terms of both class and stats, and how a character who runs out of hit points would usually remain dead forever.[/quote]

It's a great game.

Though I'm stuck on Chapter 11 right now because those stupid Mogalls keep killing Vanessa. Who has almost the most Resistance out of all my characters.

Ugh.

Uh, I guess so.

Basically, you command about a dozen units on a map. Each unit can get its own level ups, has their own personality and name, different stats, etc.

You eventually learn more about their personalities as you continue and it's actually rather sad when one of them dies.

Especially since the game has a clever design to it: when one of your units dies, they're dead forever. You'll have to restart the entire chapter if you want to continue with them. And you can't continue from an earlier point because the game auto-saves and then shows you whether your character died or not.

It's just a rumor...

But I heard the Wii version was really bad.

You might want to try the Gamecube version, supposedly it's better. Oh, by the way Ike from SSBB is from the Gamecube and Wii versions.

I currently have Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones, and the only other US release I believe is simply titled "Fire Emblem" and Roy makes a cameo. Sacred Stones is regarded as easy compared to the others, but it has a couple features that Fire Emblem didn't have so I keep playing it. Both of these are for the Game Boy Advance.

Well, I suppose if you want it then...

But like the article said, you could just get the Gamecube version for 30 less dollars.

Though Radiant Dawn has likely dropped in price since then.

And at any rate you could just get the Game Boy Advance versions for 10-20 dollars.

Dr. Javelin said:
Well, I suppose if you want it then...

But like the article said, you could just get the Gamecube version for 30 less dollars.
I rent

Dr. Javelin said:
And at any rate you could just get the Game Boy Advance versions for 10-20 dollars.
I have a Emulator

Ah. Well an emulator would work.

Also Fire Emblem stories usually take a loooooooooooooong time, be warned.

Kirby said:
how long?
Sorry I missed this.

It takes a good while, I don't know exactly how long but I would estimate if you do both Eirika and Ephraim's campaigns it would take about as long or longer than Paper Mario TTYD.

Yeah, unfortunately it's not that common. And even in the US there have only been four releases, most of the series has been Japan only.

I actually plan on making my own Fire Emblem sprite soon.

Why is the official Fire Emblem thread in the handheld gaming section? There have been Fire Emblem games for home consoles.

Anyway, Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance is one of the best games ever made. It's immediate sequel, Radiance Dawn, makes a valiant effort to continue the story, and has a lot of improvements gameplay-wise, but doesn't hold a candle IMO.

I am SO looking forward to the new Fire Emblem game coming out 3DS! It's been TOO long since the last new Fire Emblem game that WASN'T a remake.

Smashgoom202 said:
Why is the official Fire Emblem thread in the handheld gaming section? There have been Fire Emblem games for home consoles.
Eh, I couldn't decide exactly where to put it, and the first US releases were on handhelds, so I decided to put it here.

Yeah, a 3DS Fire Emblem game is going to be great.

Going to bump this it is "Official" and there is a FE theme fad and FE is now more popular that what it was nearly 2 years ago.

I know you guys are still on Awakening, but I am content with Sacred Stones. It's really easy so far, especially with that arena in Chapter 5, in which I did some massive grinding and got 5 units up to level 10 along with making some serious money.

bought Shadow Dragon today

I wanna get Radiant Dawn too but I don't feel like saving up for it for now lol

Back