Anton

kero?
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Copy/Pasted from another topic

Hypnotoad said:
tentacleTherapist said:
Olol.
This weekend saying bye to homestuck theme, for now, but I may rejoin the fad if the fad becomes a fad again as its being destroyed by that stupid pony show.

"but I may rejoin the fad if the fad becomes a fad again"

So, what you're saying is--you're going to say you like something because other people are also saying that they like it, and you guys all view this as some measurement of popularity? I have no idea why any sort of fad ever takes hold, beyond the fact that people enjoy mindlessly following other people that they deem to be cooler than they are, and believing that by associating their own preferences with their idol's preferences, that they may get some of the coolness that flakes off of the other person.

"as its being destroyed by that stupid pony show."

Actually, from what I take of it, the Homestuck fad is being destroyed by those people who are joining the fad simply because it's a fad, as you stated you did, or to simply achieve the honk rank. The fact that a group of people likes something else should not make it impossible for you to have something that you like. There is no way that it could possibly infringe on it except perhaps if you don't actually like what you're saying you're liking, and only using it to gauge popularity.

btw this goes for everyone~

I would seriously like to know why you guys enjoy fads so much. It's not me being totally rude, but it's just something I've been curious about that no one has ever answered.

SuperMario25 said:
just how everyone can join in

lol this sounds like school

Even though that's a vague comment, it makes some sense :P I've been seeing it as some way for people to be like "OMG I LIKE THIS YOU SHOULD LIKE IT TOO" or "OH HEY LOOK SOMEONE CHANGED THEIR NICK TO SOMETHING, I GUESS I SHOULD COPY THEM SO I CAN FEEL LOVED AS WELL". It being some sort of group things isn't as, uhh...bad? Perhaps that's just how you view it as, though, so yay you!

I actually don't like conforming, I like beating to my own drum. People can say I'm obsessed with Garrett or w/e, but I don't care. It's something I enjoy, so yeah.
And yes, this does sound A LOT like high school/middle school (conformity, that is).

NintendoQueen said:
I actually don't like conforming, I like beating to my own drum. People can say I'm obsessed with Garrett or w/e, but I don't care. It's something I enjoy, so yeah.
And yes, this does sound A LOT like high school/middle school (conformity, that is).

I say this b/c there are a few members on here who were upset that I got rid of my MLP avatar/signature. If I want to change it I can. I don't give a crap what you guys put as your avatars and sigs, they are YOURS, not mine. So I want you guys to respect that.

NintendoQueen said:
NintendoQueen said:

I say this b/c there are a few members on here who were upset that I got rid of my MLP avatar/signature. If I want to change it I can. I don't give a crap what you guys put as your avatars and sigs, they are YOURS, not mine. So I want you guys to respect that.

That's exactly what I'm saying, pretty much ;D

@Hypnotoad-Yeah! I agree with you, and I just think it's stupid that there are those out there who were saying "You got rid of Scootaloo?! :(" Acting as if it were the end of the world. It's just really silly to act like that.

@SM25-I wasn't referring to you.

I like what you're saying Anton. Name Changes and/or Profile themes are meant to be fun that you want to change it to that. If a group of friends want to try to get other people to go along with a supposed fad that's fine just don't go after somebody if they say no or they change their theme too quickly for you guys. Also if something shows up where people are changing their names or themes to something you don't like don't insult whatever it is in front of their faces.

And be aware there are people in here that are not a fan of changing names at all here.

SuperMario25 said:
i know but i do respect your avatar and sig sorry

:-\
Thanks :) And I wasn't talking about you, there are a few members who I am not going to mention, that were "upset" that I changed it back to Garrett Hedlund; which I think is silly to get upset about stuff like that.

As far as fads go, yes they come and go, so people don't be mad when your Homestuck and MLP dies out, more fads will come.

Another generalizing statement from me:

What I'm kind of complaining about isn't that people are changing their nicks for fun with their friends and stuff. I'm complaining that fads are fads because they're fads. I don't understand why people feel that they need to constantly changes their names just to stay consistent with whatever fad is determined to be The Fad Of The Month. If you like Homestuck, go ahead and make your nick about it. Same with MLP, and everything else.

Don't join a fad just because it's a fad because, to me at least, and I suspect it looks like this to other people, you look desperate for attention and trying to feel as if you belong when you're actually just pathetically trying to fit in (again, this is a general statement, not directed at anyone).

If you're someone who joins fads, tell me why. It's not like I'm going to belittle you, well I might if it's a silly reason, BUT STILL, I'd just really like to know if there's actually sentient people on this forum that don't blindly conform to what everyone else is doing simply because everyone else is doing it.

I'm one of those people who isn't blinded by conformity!
Gosh, I've been getting so much crap for NOT have a pony avatar anymore! I also want to ask, WHY I am getting crap from you guys saying that my Garrett theme is not as good as the pony one? I know I know you have your own opinions, but don't make me feel stupid about it.

I don't join fads, but when my interests align with the fad then it appears that I joined it.

You won't be seeing me leaving the Homestuck fad for a while because I'm actually interested in it.

NintendoQueen said:
Gosh, I've been getting so much crap for NOT have a pony avatar anymore! I also want to ask, WHY I am getting crap from you guys saying that my Garrett theme is not as good as the pony one? I know I know you have your own opinions, but don't make me feel stupid about it.
And the ponies supposedly pride themselves on not being obsessed and not attacking others.

I hope loads will join the Link fad.

Dr. Eggman said:
I hope nobody joins the link fad (not including those who have already joined the link face)

Jack Noir said:
Dr. Eggman said:
Um, no.

How about: People join fads they like, and not join them just because it's popular.

This isn't middle school, folks.
Most people are in either early high school late middle school

NintendoQueen said:
Seriously?

I mean, I honestly liked the other one better, but it's okay for you to change it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back