Fads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jack Noir said:
NintendoQueen said:
I'm one of those people who isn't blinded by conformity!
Gosh, I've been getting so much crap for NOT have a pony avatar anymore! I also want to ask, WHY I am getting crap from you guys saying that my Garrett theme is not as good as the pony one? I know I know you have your own opinions, but don't make me feel stupid about it.
And the ponies supposedly pride themselves on not being obsessed and not attacking others.
I don't really have anything to say about people mindlessly joining fads (besides the fact that it's incredibly silly),

but I think everyone would appreciate it if you would leave the brony hate out of this. We're all sick of hearing about how you hate the show and its fanbase, and you need to stop bringing it up in every one of your posts.

Yoshiwalker said:
NintendoQueen said:
Gosh, I've been getting so much crap for NOT have a pony avatar anymore! I also want to ask, WHY I am getting crap from you guys saying that my Garrett theme is not as good as the pony one? I know I know you have your own opinions, but don't make me feel stupid about it.
Seriously?

I mean, I honestly liked the other one better, but it's okay for you to change it.
Yeah I have been getting some people saying the bolded part. Oh the pony one was so much better! Why? Because it is a fad? Or you do like MLP much better than Garrett? Well I know the answer is the latter and I don't go around judging others themes *that's why I stopped playing that game Rate User's Avatar/Sig Above.* b/c I don't judge people's interests.

Just gonna throw this out there, joining one of these stupid fads is an almost sure sign of noobness.

Turboo said:
Jack Noir said:
NintendoQueen said:
And the ponies supposedly pride themselves on not being obsessed and not attacking others.
I don't really have anything to say about people mindlessly joining fads (besides the fact that it's incredibly silly),

but I think everyone would appreciate it if you would leave the brony hate out of this. We're all sick of hearing about how you hate the show and its fanbase, and you need to stop bringing it up in every one of your posts.

That's another thing--this isn't about anyone versus anyone. There is no Homestuck vs. MLP. This is just more "STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE" and people just being stupid for the sake of being stupid. And Javelin, I don't see why you take so much pride in yourself because you're so rough and tough and mean and stuff, as if that's some sort of trait that's fantastic. You hating MLP has absolutely nothing to do with this topic, and as Turb put, "leave the brony hate out of this". The point of this topic is to figure out why people incessantly change their nicks and join fads, not for you to display your hate for everything except yourself once again.

It was more directed against UM and not really towards the bronies in general but whatever, it seems I can't even mention MLP without being backlashed.

And I actually was being relevant in the post, and responding personally to NQ, but apparently no, the "brony hate" is bolded and in giant text so no one read the on topic stuff.

Here, let me do that for you so you can actually have an excuse for calling me off-topic.

Jack Noir said:
I don't join fads, but when my interests align with the fad then it appears that I joined it.

You won't be seeing me leaving the Homestuck fad for a while because I'm actually interested in it.

NintendoQueen said:

And apparently everyone who's mean is a stereotypical bully who's proud of it.

Now since this post is ridiculously off topic, and I only typed this because I felt the need to defend myself, I'll leave this thread to save you all the trouble of chasing me off.

Adios.

Jack Noir said:
It was more directed against UM and not really towards the bronies in general but whatever, it seems I can't even mention MLP without being backlashed.
It also seems you can't mention MLP without being negative about it.

When your personal text is "Bronies' Bane", I don't think you're allowed to go "I'm not being antagonistic! I'm not, I'm not, I'm not! Leave me alone!"

Jack Noir said:
Just the fact that you always seem to be bugging people about whatever. I know that several people (not me) are annoyed by it, and definitely NQ. But...

Jack Noir said:
Hey Javelin! I agree with what you are saying, yes certain people can get quite snotty about their fads. And I don't like getting crap for changing my avatar/sig. So yes, it does bother me. I am on your side, bro.

OK, so you're a self-righteous faux-snarky little brat instead.

Alright then, fair enough. You're still a prick.

Remilia Bloody Scarlet said:
OK, so you're a self-righteous faux-snarky little brat instead.

Alright then, fair enough. You're still a prick.
Okay.

That just sounds too simple, I feel like I need to make a big post agreeing with you or something.

Since this topic has pretty much become everyone showering Javelin with attention in whatever form, totally missing the point I'm trying to make, I'm going to lock this. I even stated that I was trying to leave Brony Hate out of this as it had absolutely nothing to do with my question, but of course it turns into yet another Javelin-fighting-with-everyone attention fest.

Jack Noir said:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back