Wikiland: Chapter Two Released

What did you think of the story so far?

• Total voters
Re: Wikiland; Episode 1: The Return of the Prophecy

Really the only ones I think are corny are ones that are based on video games, movies, etc.

And cliche plots like this.

Yoshiwalker said:
Really the only ones I think are corny are ones that are based on video games, movies, etc.

I was actually going to make a story based on random tropes.

New Super Mario said:
Perosnality: Nice and friendly.

Name: New Super Mario
-_-

That's it?
Yoshiwalker said:

It sounds cliche-er than it actually is. I'm a very good writer, so I can make it worth your while if you stick around. I have already agnowleged that it's corny, no offense is taken, but at least wait for my prologue before making a judgement.

New Super Mario said:
Doofenshmirtz Evil said:
New Super Mario said:

-_-

That's it?
What else do you want? I wear the same clothes as my avatar. Do you need weapons?
I was just looking for a little more detail behind your character, like Javelin and Brother Love (through PM) did. I would prefer it if you added weapons and special abilities, but it's not really mandatory. Your character is one of the five vital characters of this trilogy, so I would like some more detail in the personality and history. No offense.

As you said, you're the story writer, you should decide the personality if they don't want to make one.

Doofenshmirtz Evil said:
New Super Mario said:
Doofenshmirtz Evil said:
New Super Mario said:

-_-

That's it?
What else do you want? I wear the same clothes as my avatar. Do you need weapons?
I was just looking for a little more detail behind your character, like Javelin and Brother Love (through PM) did. I would prefer it if you added weapons and special abilities, but it's not really mandatory. Your character is one of the five vital characters of this trilogy, so I would like some more detail in the personality and history. No offense.
Alright, I can throw fireballs, and use my dog, Jake (look it up on Userpedia "Jake the Facepainted Dog") to chase away my enemies. Jake only respects me, and my family. I can also transform into the different kinds of Pikmin. That enough?

Yoshiwalker said:
As you said, you're the story writer, you can decide the personality.

I guess, but it's really his character. I just write what they do, and make any neccessary edits to the character to make them fit the situation.

I think I could add to his personality to make him flesh out more.

EDIT: Wait, he just posted more.

Could you change my title to Lord Javelin?

It just sounds more imperious and formal.

Jack Noir said:
Could you change my title to Lord Javelin?

It just sounds more imperious and formal.
I agree. Changing.

Dr. Javelin said:
Made a minor fix.
Thanks for that. I didn't know that it was "Goomba's Shoe15", and not "Goomba's Shoe 15".

Hey, Can I Join as a Minor Hero?

Name: OJ Afoongus Toad (OJ Toad)

Personality: Not too brave, not to shy; likes to draw; can turn cartoons alive for 60 minutes; rides in a Cloud named Allen.

Forms:

Orange Toad>Lakifruit>Koopa>Blonde Mario w/out Mustache>Various Orange Pokemon

OJ said:
Hey, Can I Join as a Minor Hero?

Name: OJ Afoongus Toad (OJ Toad)

Personality: Not too brave, not to shy; likes to draw; can turn cartoons alive for 60 minutes; rides in a Cloud named Allen.

Forms:

Orange Toad>Lakifruit>Koopa>Blonde Mario w/out Mustache>Various Orange Pokemon

YAY!

Re: Wikiland; Episode 1: Rise of the Prophecy

Well, it's certainly interesting. I still don't get the whole "we" point of view, and who it's being told by, though. Yeah, the prologue's kind of confusing. However, this is a prologue, so it's still all good and dandy as long as you can fix up these problems. But since I wasn't in it, it's horrible. I'll give it a 9/10.

Re: Wikiland; Episode 1: Rise of the Prophecy

Nabber Simpson said:
Well, it's certainly interesting. I still don't get the whole "we" point of view, and who it's being told by, though. Yeah, the prologue's kind of confusing. However, this is a prologue, so it's still all good and dandy as long as you can fix up these problems. But since I wasn't in it, it's horrible. I'll give it a 9/10.

The "we" is between a disembodied narrator and the reader, by the way. But your point is valid, since I didn't really say it.

A 9/10 is more than I expected.

Re: Wikiland: Rise of the Prophecy (Finally got a UP page)

It was really good Toad85! I give it a 9/10

Also advice:

Don't get to caught up about saying "The Prophecy is blah bla h blah" in every chapter, cause it'll make it sound cliche

It was a bit confusing to read and hard to follow, but your writing style is interesting.

But since you decided to write me into a position where I can just sit on my food surplus and play Pokemon all day, I'll rate this a 15/10

Um, I suppose I'll have to say 7/10 because it had:
+ Fairly interesting writing style
- Slightly confusing
- a bit short, but good enough length for a prologue
+ slightly intriguing plot

In the story, i'm OJ, but my full nickname is OJ Afoongus Toad

New Super Mario said:
Don't get to caught up about saying "The Prophecy is blah bla h blah" in every chapter, cause it'll make it sound cliche

I'm probably not going to even mention a prophecy until Chapter 2 at earliest, and only about 4/5 of the content will be revealed at all by Chapter 20 (the final one).
Dr. Javelin said:
Um, I suppose I'll have to say 7/10 because it had:
+ Fairly interesting writing style
- Slightly confusing
- a bit short, but good enough length for a prologue
+ slightly intriguing plot

That's fair enough. I appointed you as editor in a PM, so you can make any changes necessary to make it clearer.

OJ said:
In the story, i'm OJ, but my full nickname is OJ Afoongus Toad

I know, I just decided to write your character's full name.

Also, if you're wondering when you'll appear, I have a time table set up:

Me: Already seen
NSM: Already seen
Javelin: Already mentioned, first seen Chapter 4
Goomba's Shoe: Chapter 1
Nabber: Around Chapter 3
Supremo: Mentioned Chapter 3, first seen Chapter 5
OJ Toad: Chapter 5 or 6

If you want, I can be editor when he's out. I'm very good at spotting grammatical and spelling erros, and what's wrong with the chapter (was confusing, etc.)

I highly doubt a second string editor will be needed.

But sure, I guess.

Back