Your favourite covers

Wario_Land_4_Coverart.jpg

I just love looking at this.

Now, lets go out and play, together, under the clearest of blue skies...

16599_front.jpg

23710_front.jpg

I've never played a single Psygnosis game, but what I've seen of their graphic design is wonderful.

221219-xeno1.jpg

Xenoblade's alt cover is very nice.

I've never played a single Psygnosis game, but what I've seen of their graphic design is wonderful.

Psygnosis' home computer stuff had their covers drawn by (or reused from an existing piece of) cult sci-fi artist Roger Dean, and they indeed looked damn good. When the Playstation came along though, pretty much every covers (sans the Wipeouts, since they collaborated with a graphic design company) became trashy and forgetable : (.

Glowsquid said:

Psygnosis' home computer stuff had their covers drawn by (or reused from an existing piece of) cult sci-fi artist Roger Dean, and they indeed looked dang good. When the Playstation came along though, pretty much every covers (sans the Wipeouts, since they collaborated with a graphic design company) became trashy and forgetable : (.

Thanks for the info. Having grown up accustomed to the rather uninspired cover Wipeout (in both its N64 and PS versions) had in its North American incarnation, I had no idea the PAL version used this badassery:

1270676-we_ps1_plat_cover.jpg

The original longbox release of Wipeout used the PAL art. It looks fantastic in that format, too.

24588_front.jpg

This is a pretty unique approach for a flight game cover... I like it.

309451_front.jpg

Back