The Official AH NEE MAY Topic

jesus christ, the ghost stories dub is the best thing I've seen in a long time

if you don't know, the original subbed version was apparently awful, and when they dubbed it they pretty much winged it and rewrote the entire story, filling it with 2000s pop culture references and fourth wall jokes

I wholeheartedly recommend watching it, I believe the whole series is on youtube with a quick search

i watched super mari sunshine i mean love live sunshine which was interuped by me loving xenoverse opening

but anyway seems okay but the lack of mari saddens my heart

Samus Aran said:
so is it duke nukem forever of anime?
i think cencroll 2 is more deserving of that honour

Well I picked up re;zero again after reading some spoilers, and I must say it does get significantly better once the maids show up. It's still not great though, like a 4/10 at best. The whole respawn concept carries the show and the deaths of course. Emilia drags it down, she's a terrible character. Subaru goes from decent to unbearable the moment the two of them are on screen together.

and there was a new PV for Koe no Katachi, it looks really nice.

Jacques said:
daily reminder that there's appearently Season 2 OVAs of Nisekoi now which I haven't watched yet
which ones
there were a couple a watched and then a fanserv one but i think those were s2
#teamonodera

Widowmaker said:
Jacques said:
daily reminder that there's appearently Season 2 OVAs of Nisekoi now which I haven't watched yet
which ones
there were a couple a watched and then a fanserv one but i think those were s2
#teamonodera

saw it on mal, appearently its 3 like for s1 back when and they were released earlier this year

I feel like the author of re;zero must have got a lot of comments after the second arc like 'yeah there's no way he'd go through with that' and 'you don't have the guts to pull it off'. So then he wrote this next one as a 'fuck you bitch i'll do it, don't test me'.

I like this new direction it has taken.

I started the Danganronpa 3 anime (Mirai)

unlike the first anime, this looks really well done. i'm sad that monokuma had to get a new voice actor...

the atmosphere is even more creepy than in the first two killing games...

what the actual hell. Asahina died. noooooo i actually liked her

I've been keeping up with Love Live! Sunshine!! this season which is the first anime I've ever done this with.

This is turning out better than I expected it to be. The pacing is better, all nine of the characters are so likable I can't really decide my favorite, the music is still high quality, and even the CG during the songs improved.

The plots of these episodes are pretty similar to the original Love Live but since this is still early in that's what I'd expect. Thankfully, the way these plots play out is a bit different. I'm a bit disappointed we didn't see much of Mari in the first two episodes but episode 3 really turned that around. ChikaRiko is kind of a forced ship (you could argue that's pretty much the whole plot of the first two episodes) but I guess I don't mind that too much. Hopefully later on we get even better looks at most of these characters.

I can't see any specific problems with it so far but I'm sure they'll become more apparent in the late season.

Meanwhile, today I ended up watching the Love Live! OVA because I've been holding it off for about much a year and a half.

WutFace

My problems with this are immediately apparent because the OVA opens up with zero context, only for it to be revealed that it was Hanayo telling a story to Maki a minute later. Context or not, she was alluding to a much more interesting story than the one this OVA just told.

Maki meets up with her past self which is pretty fucking weird but my problem with that is a consistency issue we get to later. After that I guess Eli goes through a rave party to chase child Maki and ends up back outside with the other seven girls. Oh, right, they're here too. They don't really serve any point though. Child Maki transforms back into her present self and this is where that issue comes into play. At first, Maki met up with her past self, but here, they're one in the same. Sure, it could be explained with "Oh, it's just a dream.", but I still feel like the dream should have some consistency to it.

I guess I came in expecting too much, because I was expecting some character development. The closest thing we got to that was child Maki saying "I've always liked the group (before it was even a group)!" at the end but she could have just said "I'm gay for Honoka!" and got the same message across.

The music segment was pretty good but it put too much spotlight on Honoka for her having done absolutely nothing in this OVA. You wouldn't expect this to be a problem for me, but it is.

I still think this was an ok OVA but it really has a knack of leaving things unexplained.

ah yes, the ova where everyone was probably high af

So I'm just gonna assume the author purposely made the main character the way he did, because it's at a point where the characters in the show are literally pointing all his flaws and the issues i had with him, it's great. He kind of made negative character development but I like this new Subaru that actually seems like a real character compared to the white knight weeb he was before.

I bumped it up to a 5/10 but those early dozen episodes really were a drag to get through even if they were necessary for the pay-off in 13.

Shokugeki S2 got a quality upgrade I think, though some parts the manga put emphasis on were kinda sped past like they weren't that important.

Back