The Official AH NEE MAY Topic

I finished the Fruits Basket manga today and I'm probably gonna watch the anime soon. I nearly cried.

Also Fruits Basket is now being called Feels Basket by me for anyone who cares

I just noticed that Shokugeki no Souma went from something like #400 on mal's ranking to #95 over the past few months. I think I said back around the episode 6-7 mark that it isn't as good as it could be but once it hit episode 8 onwards it started getting really good. Episode 14 might be the best single episode of anything I've watched.

Kinda off topic question, but does Avatar: The Last Airbender qualify as an anime?

I've been wondering since a while now.

I'm guessing it doesn't qualify as an anime in a classic sense, but more like a cartoon with an asian animation style?

Blue the Raptor said:
Yeah it's a Western Animation, so no it's not an anime.
This basically
I mean I know why some people can make that mistake as it does have an anime style about it and is based of easter culture, but its an american cartoon so its not anime

Also I finished s2 of Utapri, s2 was better than s1 and the finale as wild and I loved it when the entire cast started singing 1000% love. Ren and Masa are my fave STARISH members and Reiji and Camus are my fave Quartet Nights members. i will start s3 tomorrow

Also the other day i watched 5 episodes of love live with an irl friend (as we both were planning on seeing eventually), despite my scepticism, what i saw was good, my fave girl is Nico (NICO NICO NII) but I also really like Nozomi and Rin too, in fact I think the only muse member I dislike is Kotori. I have put it on hold for now as there are a few others animes I have been meaning to watch for ages and wanted to watch before I even started love live, but after I have finished those I will pick it back up.

Porky Minch said:
Snake said:
but I also really like Nozomi and Rin too

Rin doesn't have any personality/time in the spotlight though except for in 2 episodes.
Eh, I just thought she was sweet from what I have saw of her in the 5 episodes I watched, plus maybe there may be a tad bit of bias as I do have an ultra rare of her in the smartphone app (that app was the main reason I actually decided to give it a go)

Watched the first 5 episodes of Shimoneta to Iu Gainen ga Sonzai Shinai Taikutsu na Sekai. Super enjoyable show. I'd highly recommend it to anyone who doesn't mind 18+ material. The OP and ED are also very boppin'

Snake said:
Blue the Raptor said:
Yeah it's a Western Animation, so no it's not an anime.
This basically
I mean I know why some people can make that mistake as it does have an anime style about it and is based of easter culture, but its an american cartoon so its not anime

[insert bad king of the hill/cory in the house is my favorite anime joke]

Finished Elfen Lied.

I don't know why but for some reason it became one of my favorite animes. Maybe if they took certain stuff out it would have been a lot better, but besides all that, I really enjoyed it.

started kokoro connect, its pretty interesting and humorous at times
theres also some really darksides to it like when iori almost died and everyone was scared
i was scared too cause shes like the best character
speaking of iori i keep hearing yui from k-on whenever she talks cause theyre the same va and its like nothings changed cause they even act the same
i also really like the ending

also started spice and wolf, rly good. pretty unique story, setting, and choice of characters. holos a good businesswoman

need to read more of nico's diary and catch up on my favourite anime this season:
6N5riJJ.jpg

I just finished Ping Pong the Animation, everybody should watch it. It's really awesome. All the characters are great, I can't pick a favourite. Soundtrack was great, art was surprisingly godlike. I just thought it was pretty fucking amazing. The last episode really put a huge smile on my face.

Shokugeki better get a second season or there will be riots. Volume 1 of the OST came out a while ago, I really hope the episode 14 tracks are in there. The whole thing has been good to listen to so far. I didn't give the music enough credit.

little witch academia 2 w/ crackin
this was double the length of the first one and double as good too
robo was mvp
i hope they make a 3rd one cause im really diggen these

also good smile company had something to do with it
i dont know if thats a subliminal message for me to buy more nendos or wat

Just saw H2o Footprints in the Sand

Not a lot of people have heard of this anime, which is sad because this is one of the most beautiful animes I ever seen! I cry everytime I watch the last episode!

watched the first five episodes of soul eater

it's pretty good so far, it has a good mix of action and comedy while having interesting characters (though I hate make's dad a bit)

speaking of which, death the kid is the best character of all time. if anyone says otherwise you're wrong

So I watched episode 10 of Gakkougurashi.

I didn't sign up for this shit.

A lot of people were talking about how the megu-nee being the one to bite Shovel Knight was the big 'wow' moment, but to me the scene with the biggest impact was when Yuuri pulled out the knife and contemplated ending Shovel Knight. That shit is horrifying to think about. Kill your best friend and then find out there's medicine in the basement. ugh.

Preview makes it look like Yuki goes down to the basement herself to find the medicine, with a bat even. Maybe she's going to get shit done and save the day. Kill the megu-nee please.

Soul Eater said:
watched the first five episodes of soul eater

it's pretty good so far, it has a good mix of action and comedy while having interesting characters (though I hate make's dad a bit)

speaking of which, death the kid is the best character of all time. if anyone says otherwise you're wrong
See I remember when I first started watching Soul Eater and I was like this is great.
Then I learned just how wrong I was when it continued to get worse and worse.
Except Excalibur he's amazing in every way.

i started nichijou
80% of the time its hilarious but sometimes i find it kind of stale
i feel bad for the robot girl cause she always gets bullied :(
mai is best girl
she always does something really stupid or epic and you never know wtf shes gonna do next

haruhi (a bit of everything), samurai champloo (action/comedy, rly good story), and toradora(more of a romance/drama thing but its still really funny here and there) are good beginner ones
the little witch academia movies are pretty good too if you want something short to start with

shy said:
I've been thinking about giving anime a try.
I don't really know where to start though.
you have to watch fullmetal alchemist brotherhood at some point (as its my all time fave), even tho idk if that is the best anime to start off with

The final episode of Gakkou Gurashi was delayed, I stayed up so I could watch this asap because I really want to know what happens but now I probably won't get to watch it before I got to sleep. Sad.

So instead I'm watching Nisekoi, for some reason. I have no idea really.

finished season one of soul eater

overall, it was pretty good. I'm bummed out that death the kid didn't get a major arc, though, he wasn't even in the finale

Back