Hardest PKMN Gym Leader/E4/Champion

Pyro

Power Star
Since I've only played White, I'd have to say Cynthia. She's horribly easy but I haven't fought Alder yet. Still training.

Percy said:
Since I've only played White, I'd have to say Cynthia. She's horribly easy but I haven't fought Alder yet. Still training.
Alder is about the same level of difficulty, except he won't let you set up for six turns with Volcarona like Cynthia did.

Yeah, I'm almost ready for the E4. Only 1 more level on Krookodile and Braviary and I'm ready.

I remember getting stuck at Lance when I was a noob. My only good pokemon were Blastoise and Articuno. I even traded them over to my bro who only had a good Charizard and Zapdos.

Bugsy and Whitney in HeartGold/SoulSilver. X_X

Steven in Ruby/Sapphire

And with the exception of Brock and Falkner, I always lose to the first gym leader in every Pokemon game. *facepalm* Really pathetic of me.

Raphael said:
Bugsy and Whitney in HeartGold/SoulSilver. X_X

Steven in Ruby/Sapphire

And with the exception of Brock and Falkner, I always lose to the first gym leader in every Pokemon game. *facepalm* Really pathetic of me.
Bugsy? She was darn east

Jack Noir said:
Pandapow said:
Bugsy was a tad bit hard for me and I didn't have a single Pokemon with a move super effective against bugs.
Against Bug?

Fire
Rock
Flying
The only Pokemon I caught was a Belsprout and a Mareep. I like to fill my team slowly.

Pandapow said:
Jack Noir said:
Pandapow said:
Bugsy was a tad bit hard for me and I didn't have a single Pokemon with a move super effective against bugs.
Against Bug?

Fire
Rock
Flying
The only Pokemon I caught was a Belsprout and a Mareep. I like to fill my team slowly.
In generation II? I suppose you could catch a Pidgey, level-grind with it until it knows Gust, and sweep. But only if you choose Chikorita. Totodile and Cyndaquil should be able to win easily.

At least in the Emerald version, you can get a level 70 Rayquaza to make the Elite Four a bit easier to take down. My history with the Elite Four has often been a tough one, because I don't want to overlevel my Pokemon to a point where they're not usable at the Battle Tower or the Battle Frontier.

Fortunately, in the Diamond/Pearl versions, if your Pokemon are over level 50, their levels will temporarily drop to 50 for all Battle Tower matches.

In Pokemon Yellow, I found Blue/Gary to be the most challenging. It was difficult to face him after facing off against Lance. In Silver, I found the first three gym leaders to be difficult (especially Whitney). After these guys, it was smooth sailing.

Yoshiwalker said:
Also, in Emerald, you can do Open Level.

True, but the minimum level of your Pokemon has to be 60 if you expect to stand a chance with the Open Level mode.

When I was young and playing the original Gold, I could never beat Jasmine. Stupid Steelix >:[ . Now that I'm old and stuff and actually know type advantages, the most difficult person I've faced was Grimsley/Shauntal--mainly because I was stubborn and wanted to keep my team of pretty much all ghosts.

Yoshiwalker said:
Yep, so if you're between 50 and 60 you're pretty much screwed.

The generation 5 Pokemon pretty much bring back that overleveled dilemma. Hydreigon is a perfect example, since you can't have one that's under level 64.

Back