Hardest PKMN Gym Leader/E4/Champion

MnSG said:
Yoshiwalker said:
Yep, so if you're between 50 and 60 you're pretty much screwed.

The generation 5 Pokemon pretty much bring back that overleveled dilemma. Hydreigon is a perfect example, since you can't have one that's under level 64.
Overleveled?

In generation V all Pokemon get brought to level 50, even if they're lower. So there isn't a problem.

Jack Noir said:
In generation V all Pokemon get brought to level 50, even if they're lower. So there isn't a problem.

That's good to hear. Ironically, I don't even own the Black or White versions.

Gym Leader:Gardenia in platinum (ONLY because I chose Piplup. It was the Cherrim that always got me. I WAS FOOLED BY YOUR CUTENESS CHERRIM. WHY THIS?!) Whitney's Miltank only annoyed me because of MILK DRINK. The gym leaders never really posed a problem for me in most games.
E4:Hmmmm.....I can't really remember who was hard, because although there Pokemon can be annoying, none of the ones I faced were ever really memorable.
Champion:Lance. By Far. Alder was damn easy, Cynthia's Milotic AND WATER ABSORB were the only really bad things, but LANCE HAS GYARADOS, AERODACTYL AND THREE UNDERLEVELED DRAGONITES. I TRUSTED YOU TYPHLOSION. WHY!?
...Mostly because Gyarados spams Waterfall, Aerodactyl spams rock slide, and I only got to the first dragonite. GAH. :mad:

Shiny Celebi said:
Gym Leader:Gardenia in platinum (ONLY because I chose Piplup. It was the Cherrim that always got me. I WAS FOOLED BY YOUR CUTENESS CHERRIM. WHY THIS?!)

Well, you could capture a Zubat or Starly.

Elesa from White.

FUCKING
VOLT
SWITCH

@ Master Koopakid
gender_confused_by_shinytotodile-d3ar38i.png

Hardest gym leader is sadly for me is Brock. Thats because I chose Charmanders and well nothing else at that point appealed to me. Its only for Gen 1 and its remakes. Gen 2 and its remakes was like this.
3 Water types One fighting, one flying ,one pure.
A grass type a defensive Normal Type and a Flying slave. :3

Brock was a lot harder in Pokemon Yellow. In this game, your starter was Pikachu, and all of its electric moves had no effect on Brock's Geodude and Onix. The only thing you could do with Pikachu was to get it to learn Quick Attack to do some damage (very minimal though). Otherwise, your best hopes were to catching the wild Pokemon (like Nidoran) to help you defeat Brock.

I kicked ass in FireRed.

I even defeated all of misty's pokémon with a level 28 charmeleon.

Propeller Toad said:
Brock was a lot harder in Pokemon Yellow. In this game, your starter was Pikachu, and all of its electric moves had no effect on Brock's Geodude and Onix. The only thing you could do with Pikachu was to get it to learn Quick Attack to do some damage (very minimal though). Otherwise, your best hopes were to catching the wild Pokemon (like Nidoran) to help you defeat Brock.
I overleveled the Pika.
:3
I spamed Reflect and Tail Whip I think. Then Quick Attacked the Onix and Geodude. I also stocked up on a bunch of potions. :D

I used to spam Pikachu all the time for (that is until I discovered about Nidoran's Double Kick). Good times of having Pikachu, Caterpie, Pidgey, Rattata, Nidoran male, and Nidoran female taking turns to defeating Brock. Potions? I never bothered with them when I was little (I did not realize how useful they were back in the day). ;D

Also reflect? I think you mean growl or double team because I don't remember Pikachu ever being able to learn reflect on level up (let alone at a low level). Pikachu was a bad match up to Brock; however, he made Misty's battle look like a piece of cake. Also Lt.Surge's Raichu was no match for Pikachu as well (I think I taught Pikachu Mega Punch from Mt.Moon's TM to counter attack Raichu's Mega Kick). :)

Pyro said:
Since I've only played White, I'd have to say Cynthia. She's horribly easy but I haven't fought Alder yet. Still training.

are you serious

Nonetheless, I'll have to say Clair, with Whitney and Jasmine close behind. I'll also add that I've never got past Lance, yet...

Shiny Celebi said:
Gym Leader:Gardenia in platinum (ONLY because I chose Piplup. It was the Cherrim that always got me. I WAS FOOLED BY YOUR CUTENESS CHERRIM. WHY THIS?!) Whitney's Miltank only annoyed me because of MILK DRINK. The gym leaders never really posed a problem for me in most games.
E4:Hmmmm.....I can't really remember who was hard, because although there Pokemon can be annoying, none of the ones I faced were ever really memorable.
Champion:Lance. By Far. Alder was damn easy, Cynthia's Milotic AND WATER ABSORB were the only really bad things, but LANCE HAS GYARADOS, AERODACTYL AND THREE UNDERLEVELED DRAGONITES. I TRUSTED YOU TYPHLOSION. WHY!?
...Mostly because Gyarados spams Waterfall, Aerodactyl spams rock slide, and I only got to the first dragonite. GAH. :mad:

Hah, Feraligatr crushed Lance. :3 Only time I liked ice. KOing dragons - not fun. :cry: Think I got Raikou to take care of Gyarados.

Whitney's Miltank was annoying, Clair drew her battle out. Blue was tough, but I'd say Red. His team are wiping the floor with my Lvl65 team currently. One day, I'll get him for that.

LONLINESS said:
I kicked ass in FireRed.

I even defeated all of misty's pokémon with a level 28 charmeleon.
At that point I have about Level 20 pokemon.
Misty was kinda easy, but I'd have to say the 5th gym from R/S/E

HI ME, I'M GOING TO UPDATE MYSELF.

I've now played Platinum, and the hardest gym leader besides Elesa...

Fantina.

Only because I was underleveled. Dear lord, she was hard.

The Sapphire Champion Steven was the hardest battle I've ever had. I was nuzlocking on emerald with a team of level 55s to 58. Cake walked my way through the Elite Four, losing only one pokemon too Drake (my linoone, rest in peace, my friend.)

Got up to battle Steven. Thought I had it in the bag, because his type was steel, and I had a couple type advantages... He kicked my ass, wiping out all but my starter (swampert) and my gardevoir. :'( If it wasnt for those two walling Steven, I'd never would have won. Four pokebros died that day. :'(

Back