What advertisments do you see often on this site?

Pyro

Power Star
Long title. :P

I see a lot of MARIO VS. SONIC PLAY NOW and SUPER MARIO KART XTREME adds.

This is not complaining, I'm just curious.

I'm looking at a Pizza Hut ad right now. Don't the ads show up based on the content though? So why is it pizza? No one has mentioned Italian goodies.

99.9% of the time it's Liberty University Online.
I know I have a stupid and boring one, you guys seem to have cooler ones! :)

cuttlefishCuller said:
I'm looking at a Pizza Hut ad right now. Don't the ads show up based on the content though? So why is it pizza? No one has mentioned Italian goodies.
I don't think it's based on content, b/c I always get this Liberty University Online one.

I don't see any Ads, as I have Ad Blocker Plus enabled (mainly to not see the Ads on YouTube).
At the other hand, these Ads keep this site running, as Porple gets money from it to finance the servers and domains.
But if I view this Forum with Firefox 8, I see XS4All, which is a really good Internet Service Provider (ISP) in The Netherlands.

Gary Oak said:
99.9% of the time it's Liberty University Online.
I know I have a stupid and boring one, you guys seem to have cooler ones! :)

cuttlefishCuller said:
I don't think it's based on content, b/c I always get this Liberty University Online one.
It's cause your Gary Mother fuc kin Oak

Advertisements are based on what you search on Google, YouTube, Maps, Blogger, Picasa, and all the other stuff from Google, your IP Address's location, and your website history.
This in combination, Google can provide you Advertisements to your preferences.

Well, that's a bit tricky to say, as you can make up to a certain amount of keywords in your Ads.

I see

Wait I have adblock I don't see

YamiHoshi.nl said:
Advertisements are based on what you search on Google, YouTube, Maps, Blogger, Picasa, and all the other stuff from Google, your IP Address's location, and your website history.
This in combination, Google can provide you Advertisements to your preferences.

Well, that's a bit tricky to say, as you can make up to a certain amount of keywords in your Ads.

But I never searched for Liberty University Online: The world's largest Christian university on Google, Youtube, etc! It's just too random!

But you maybe did search for "Education", "School", or something simular.
I mean, someone that mostly search for "Games", get ads for Habbo, Mario, Sonic, and other stuff related to games.

I have NoScript for Firefox, so I don't see any ads.

What ad is being shown to you?

Right now it's flipping back and forth between Gmail and woolen socks.

I really would enjoy some nice woolen socks, if anyone would like to buy me some :]

Re: What ad is being shown to you?

Save 35%-70% on Women's Socks

It's not in Mindless Junk because I didn't really think it was that "mindless". If the mods feel it should be in there, go for it and move it.

Also, it still wants me to buy women's socks at a discount price.

I've got a Google ad that reads, and I shit you not, "MST3K Vs. The Devil".

Back