Songs Your Local Radio Stations Play Way Too Often

DaisyGaga

Da f***, Rosalina?
We all know those songs that we hear on the radio every car trip, no matter how short. Some we don't mind and could listen to all day, others have us reaching for the dial the moment we hear that opening line or riff.

These are mine:

"Rolling in the Deep" - Adele

Don't mind it at all. I love belting out "WE COULD HAVE HAD IT AAAAAAAAAAAAAALL!!!"

"The Edge of Glory" - Lady Gaga

Love it, but when my parents are in the car, I'm forced to turn the dial before they can complain about it.

"For The First Time" - The Script

Ugh. >_< More like "For The Fifth Time This Week." It's not a bad song or band at all, but just before a song is about to come on, I always sing to myself "She's all laid up in bed with a broken heart" and half the time I predict right. It's like our local stations have a policy that this song must be played at least 3 times a day. Today, the clock/radio in my parents' bedroom down the hall had it tuned to our usual station, but then that song came on. I tried to ignore it, but hearing that "oooooOOOOoooOOOOooOO" part, which I both love and hate at the same time (IDK why), made me walk all the way over there and turn it off.

"Don't You Want to Stay" - Jason Aldean/Kelly Clarkson

Same story. Don't hate it, and I love Kelly, but do I want to stay a little while? No thank you.

"Need You Now" - Lady Antebellum

This song isn't played as much anymore, and I love Lady A, but..."It's a quarter after one, I'm getting annoyed and I need a new station now..."

"Perfect" - P!nk

Love this song, even if it is bowdlerized. At least it's tolerable, unlike the radio edit of "Poker Face" that removes a very subtle subliminal message and makes the song sound weird.

"Falling For You" - Colbie Caillat

Too overplayed, but good song. It doesn't have me changing the station right away like "For The First Time."

"Stereo Love" - Edward Maya/Vika Jigulina

I didn't even know what this song was called at first. I just had to Google "that French-sounding song on the radio" and I found out right away. :P

"Party Rock Anthem" - LMFAO

Meh

"Just Can't Get Enough" - Black Eyed Peas

I didn't know that song was BEP at first...and Fergie sounds so different than in other songs. I prefer her "Big Girls Don't Cry" voice.

So what songs do you hear at least once a day on the radio, and do you mind them?

Not really music, but the entire radio station "Radio 538" keeps repeating the exact same music over and over again, every 30 minutes, but I really like their shows, these are funny.
For music, I prefer SkyRadio, as their music never repeat during office hours, but they don't have any shows at all.
A good allrounder in shows and music, is Radio Veronica.

The classic rock station I listen to plays "2 Tickets to Paradise" at least once a day and a song by Van Morrison once an hour it seems.

I got a feeling- Black eyed peas
Its a pretty ok song but it is so overused

Rolling in the deep-Adele
this song is now stuck in my head, but luckily Caramelldansen overshadows it

Dont stop beliving-Journey
SOMEBODY KILL THIS SONG ALREADY!!!

Party Rock Amthem-LMFAO
Every day Im shuffl'in
I quite like this song.

I only ever listen to the classical stations (or me own CDs) when I'm in control of the radio, but when I was working at a cafe a few months ago, Nova would not stop playing that 'marry you' song that everyone seems to love so much these days. I requested the manager change the station, but the tweenie employees just loved their bop-pop too much...

Radio's Don't play Gorillaz enough, isn't superfast jellyfish like the ideal song to play every morning!

Another song thats overplayed
Dynamite-catchy tune, but the Donkey kong version is soooo much better.

You guys are probably going to make fun of me once i say this. I ussually listen VG music and chirstian music. I hate most of the stuff on the radio, I feel like it's mostly crap.
I found this app that said that there was a study that if you listen to classical music It might make you smarter so I'm listing to that.
I just listen to the music on the my local chirstian radio station. They don't overuse any songs, though

Dynamite and I Got a Feeling.

It plays so many times my brother knows the songs by memory.

:shifty:

This makes me really different from other people, but I HATE Katy Perry.

There. I said it.

Sure, Hot&Cold was okay, but then she started going downhill. All her song reflect Hot and Cold in some way - and they're all autotuned, so I don't really know how well she can actually sing. All her songs are overplayed. And ET was just horrible. Plain out horrible. TGIF is also okay, until you realize that the verses are short and the refrain is about 5-6 lines.

I'm done with my rant now.

I don't really listen to the radio, but I have a jazz station that I enjoy

@Nabber
Yeah, California gurls is ok, just because of the swearing gummy bears and Snoop Dogg. My Brother fancies Katy Perry. I fancy Jack White.

The station I used to listen to often really overplayed "The Joker" by Steve Miller Band and "Come Sail Away" by Styx. I admit they're amazing songs, but they played them quite often.

Now I've switched to a station that plays a huge variety of genres, so I don't have to worry about overplayed songs. 8)

Nega-Man said:
Ew, I hate modern music stations. I don't even know these songs you guys are talking about.

I only listen to modern music radio because whenever I am in the car with my dad, I am in control of the radio and that's the only music that plays around in my area. That, and Spanish/country/70s & 80s music which I do not happen to be fond of.

Back