Can Town (The Official Homestuck Thread)

Favorite Troll?

• Aradia Megido

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • Tavros Nitram

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Sollux Captor

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • Karkat Vantas

Votes: 24 38.7%
  • Nepeta Leijon

Votes: 15 24.2%
  • Kanaya Maryam

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Terezi Pyrope

Votes: 21 33.9%
  • Vriska Serket

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • Equius Zahhak

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Gamzee Makara

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Eridan Ampora

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Feferi Peixes

Votes: 9 14.5%

• Total voters
Re: R41NBOW RUMPUS P4RTYTOWN (Spoilers ahead!)

Latula's a fairly interesting character... By troll standards, anyway. :rolleyes: She has an awesome theme song, but then again, Vriska has good themes and she is the worst of the worst.

I agree I think I might like Latula the most out of all the prescratch trolls.

Latula is the Pyrope, right? I can't stand her.

the best one is kankri

NO

DO NOT TELL THE BEST PRE SCRATCH TROLL TO SHUT UP

THE THINGS HE HAS TO SAY ARE IMPORTANT

The only useful things that came out of his mouth were all those 69s.

Also: We've finally found a worse name than "Renesmee", and it's "Porrim".

Why does everything related to Kanaya have to be fucking terrible.

Kankri is definitely the best.

ALSO OMFG MORE ROLES LET ME LET ME LET ME

Marioguy1 said:
Hey everybody! Stop what you're doing, I was bored so I made some speculation about active/passive classes:

Note: Passive first, then active

• Rogue/Thief - Confirmed; a Rogue steals for others, a Thief steals for self.
  • Bard/Prince - Confirmed; a Bard allows destruction, a Prince causes it.
  • Maid/Knight - Maids and Knights are both medieval figures who are often related to eachother (moreover "maidens" I guess). In homestuck, Aradia (maid of time) seems to be more of an aid to the rest of her team, not taking any active role and just giving them information (could be related to time?). Another point would be Jane, who seems to have healing abilities - healers aren't usually active players on a team. Meanwhile Dave (and Karkat I guess) seem to be the much more active on their teams being as they are (Dave) a warrior and (Karkat) the leader.
  • Page/Heir - Both Pages and Heirs are something to be. I can't really find any points as to why Tavros and John are active/passive, but in history, Pages usually serve (retrieve things for their masters) and Heirs usually are served (they have servants).
  • Seer/Mage - Both are related to getting information (Rose can often see the future, Sollux has visions of his death) however Rose uses the information to help her team (Terezi too I guess) but Sollux uses it for himself.
  • Sylph/Witch - A Sylph is a manifestation of an element, a Witch can manipulate an element. Sylphs are that which is manipulated (passive), Witches do the manipulation (active).

So yeah, I'm pretty sure those are the pairings of the classes.

For brownie points, here's my theory on genders:

Sylph - Female only (usually defined as female spirits) | Witch - Female only (I've never seen a male witch (female wizards =/= male witch))
Rogue - Mostly Female (conf.) | Thief - Mostly Female (conf.)
Bard - Male only (conf.) | Prince - Male only (conf.)
Page - Mostly Male (Pages are usually male, though female pages have been seen) | Heir - Mostly Male (same as Page)
Maid - Female only (Maids are only ever female) | Knight - Male only (I have heard of female knights, but I already used up all my "Mostly Males" - plus in the medieval sense (which I am basing these two on), then Knights are males)
Seer - Mostly Female (I used up all my "Female onlys" plus seers are usually female) | Mage - Mostly Male (Mages and Sages are the male users of magic)

I matched the genders with the class pairings, if you're wondering.

Now respond :D

And most likely, point out flaws

tl;dr speculation, either read it or don't
Marioguy1 said:
Slight speculation ramification:

-Heir: Passive
-Page: Active

It used to be the opposite. The reason for it is that Heir being active leaves the first group of kids with three active members (Heir, Knight, Witch) and one passive. Likewise, it leaves the second group of kids with three passive members (Maid, Page, Rogue) and one active.

Doing this balances it out perfectly. And, like many things in homestuck, yo can make it work out: Heirs are being trained so that they may help the people (kind of like a benevolent prince) while pages seek simply their own glory.
Following through on what Hussie said about Prospit dreamers being passive classes and Dersite dreamers being active classes, I've correlated that with my speculation.

Maid - Aradia (Derse), Jane (Prospit) = Neutral (Does not oppose my theory)
Knight - Dave (Derse), Karkat (Prospit) = Neutral (Does not oppose my theory)
Page - Tavros (Prospit), Jake (Prospit) = Highly Passive (Supports my theory)
Heir - John (Prospit), Equius (Derse) = Neutral (Active through process of elimination, supports my theory)
Seer - Rose (Derse), Terezi (Prospit) = Neutral (though Hussie kind of confirmed it passive, ruining my theory)
Mage - Sollux (f*ck) = Neutral (Active through process of elimination, supports my theory, but also ruins it)
Sylph - Kanaya (Prospit) = Highly Active (Opposes my theory, but see below)
Witch - Jane (Prospit), Feferi (Derse) = Neutral (though Hussie kind of confirmed it active, confirming my theory)

So, looking at this, I think everything holds water except Seer/Mage. As for that, I'm considering rearranging those to be Seer (Passive)/Witch (Active) and Sylph (Passive)/Mage (Active). In addition, I'd like to point out that in Calliope's session, she and her brother are the most passive and active classes possible. This implies that sessions need balanced passive and active players. So this theory also supports that.

Another possibility would be Mage (Passive)/Sylph (Active), which agrees with Kanaya being a Prospitian dreamer. Though Sylphs are healers and that seems unlikely...

EDIT: I forgot I switched around Heir and Page...now those also make less sense. I can't switch them back without unbalancing both the pre and post scratch kids' sessions, so I'm kind of stuck. The only possibility here to keep balance and follow continuity would be to switch Knight to Passive and Maid to Active, which seems so unlikely.
OK SO we now have our lovely friends, the Sylph of Light, the Thief of Life, the Knight of Mind, the Seer of Blood and the Maid of Space.

Following through with my theories, the Sylph of Light would be one who heals light. Light here could correlate with sight, foresight, fortune or actual light.

The Thief of Life would be one who takes lives for personal gain - pretty self explanatory. Life really only has one meaning here.

The Knight of Mind would be one who fights with mind. That is, either fights intelligently or uses her opponent's thoughts against them.

The Seer of Blood would be one who uses blood to see stuff. Blood could relate to ancestry, which may be way Kankri could see his ancestor's life.

Finally the Maid of Space would use space to help others. Don't ask me how that works, I still hate the entire element of space.

As a second part to my speculation, DAMN HUSSIE. He ruined it all! He stuck a damn FEMALE KNIGHT into the story. That ruins my male only thing X_X

Gonna have to completely redo that entire list sometime, but I'm not doing it now.

I am going to bet that Meulin and the yet to be named Zahhak are Black or some shit like that.

also I bet that the yet to be named Ampora is the ladies man.

Just rewatched Caliborn: Enter and I realized - the thing sucking up the red sun is Caliborn's Kernelsprite....does that mean that Caliborn prototyped the Red Sun? If the Red Sun really does become the Green Sun, then that could explain where Lord English's unlimited power comes from.

Marioguy1 said:
Just rewatched Caliborn: Enter and I realized - the thing sucking up the red sun is Caliborn's Kernelsprite....does that mean that Caliborn prototyped the Red Sun? If the Red Sun really does become the Green Sun, then that could explain where Lord English's unlimited power comes from.
Caliborn prototyped it, but the Red Sun became a dying Star, so either way he'd be extremely powerful

Also, loved the update. Not a big fan of Meenah though. Everyone else is perfect

The two kernelsprites attempted to prototype each other, which created a black hole, which prototyped Caliborn, the Red Sun, and the rest of the dying universe into what I assume to be Lord English.

Gray Mann said:
The two kernelsprites attempted to prototype each other, which created a black hole, which prototyped Caliborn, the Red Sun, and the rest of the dying universe into what I assume to be Lord English.
That makes sense.

They're all awesome except for Redglare the R4D

I like how the music stops randomly and doesn't want to start back up.

In seriousness, I like Meenah's theme.

That's Fuschia Ruler. Yeah now that I hear it in a Flash it's actually pretty cool.

Marioguy1 said:

Hey MG1

you thought knights were male only and seers were female only.

well you're wrong.

Edit: well I was wrong about seers, you said mostly female. well my point still remains on the knight.

Fuchsia Ruler is just amazing. Best thing about the new game, endless looping. Nothing was prototyped by Caliborn. That would mean something was actually placed into the kernelsprites. They simply blackhole'd (probably from trying to prototype each other) and took the rest of the area with them like with the non-prototyped kernels of the alpha kids. Also, judging by those jujus in the game, I guess most of the time-power objects used by the Felt members are jujus. The ancestors are alright too, but Latula's theme ohgodwhy.

Marioguy1 said:
As a second part to my speculation, DAMN HUSSIE. He ruined it all! He stuck a damn FEMALE KNIGHT into the story. That ruins my male only thing X_X

Gonna have to completely redo that entire list sometime, but I'm not doing it now.
FireKirby said:
Hey MG1

well you're wrong.
Hey FK

lrn2read

Marioguy1 said:
Marioguy1 said:

FireKirby said:
Hey MG1

well you're wrong.
Hey FK

lrn2read
well I edited my post before you posted.

lrn2check

FireKirby said:
Marioguy1 said:
Marioguy1 said:

FireKirby said:
Hey MG1

well you're wrong.
Hey FK

lrn2read
well I edited my post before you posted.

lrn2check
Your edit to your post just goes to show that you need to slow down and read posts properly, as you have seemingly skipped over two of mine already.

Oh, and your edit was made twenty seconds after I posted, if you care to check the timestamps. So I had no way of seeing it.

I see.

anywho I changed my avatar to Kankri because he's cool.

Back